But but...muh drone strikes...

If people are hating the US for killing Johnny Jihad then their morals are clearly fucked up and misguided.
Collateral deaths are another thing, but mistakes happen in fucked up countries that harbor large, unchecked groups of assholes.
Well... How many innocent people have the USA killed in recent years?
It is not all Johnny Jihad

i think that likely had more to do w/ Obama being a DEM president than anything

anything that prevents useless boots on ground is fine by me, no matter the party making the decision

it'd be nice if we tried harder to ensure we lower the collateral damage though

It wasn't the use of drones nor the word drones, it was that Obama had a KILL LIST with American citizens on it (including a 17 year old girl), with no due process, using drones to assassinate them. Remember? That's what the uproar was about. whoopsy context
Took a couple dozen posts before someone mentioned Obama's administration targeting American citizens.

I certainly bitched about the airstrikes but it was purely because that admin was illegally killing US citizens. I don't give much of a shit about a haji in Afghanistan or the collateral damage that kills said haji's family.

I fully expect Trump's administration to take the torch from Obama and continue killing suspected Americans, and I'll continue bitching about this illegal practice.

And fucking lol@Fawlty decrying Obama's airstrikes, or acknowledging anything he did wrong at all.

i think that likely had more to do w/ Obama being a DEM president than anything

anything that prevents useless boots on ground is fine by me, no matter the party making the decision

it'd be nice if we tried harder to ensure we lower the collateral damage though
Less boots on the ground is great, but killing Americans(suspected terrorists or not) overseas should never be okay.

ive never seen a trump support criticize the use of drones

we just bring it up when liberals pretend obama was some peaceful president who deserved a nobel prize
You're cool with drones targeting Americans?

I'm completely against drone assassination. Always have been, always will be.

I'm so happy Trump won. This is endless gratification.

Hilary Lost. Get Over it.

Here's a wee brick upside the head for those who bitched about Obama drone strikes in favor of Trump. Most complainers were from our resident alt-right left wing, but plenty of vanilla Trump supporters jumped on it as well. From last week, I didn't notice it when the story came out:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...trikes-tolerates-more-civilian-deaths-n733336

Goodbye presidential accountability for drone strikes, it's about to become a fucking free-for-all, a.k.a. exactly what people have been pretending Obama was doing.

What a flawed argument you just made. "Trump will kill even more at an even worse Innocent bystander casualty rate so he is WAY more evil". Like that somehow makes what Barack did okay? Hitler killed around 6 million people and Mao killed over 45 million people in over four years. I guess that means comparatively Hitler was a pretty good guy right?

You can spin it whatever way you want to, the label of "drone strike president" is a crown that rest solely on the head of Barack Obama. Now that may very well change in a very short amount of time because Donald is an inept fool but it still just means both of them have/had a nonchalant attitude towards innocent people dying.

Also maybe you shouldn't call the side of your party that actually had a chance of defeating Donald Trump the "alt right left wing". You're just mad because actual progressives showed all of the fake liberals how wrong they truly were.

I remember reading an article that said Obama's presidency essentially "normalized" drone strikes. Thats true. Obama himself joked about it which he should have been lambasted for. He set the precedent now it's par for the course. He got away with murder because he was considered a likable guy by the left. He recieved some criticism but not as much as he should have. Now future presidents will follow Obamas lead and not be subjugated to all the criticisms they deserve. That's the sad reality of the situation.

Last edited:
What a flawed argument you just made. "Trump will kill even more at an even worse Innocent bystander casualty rate so he is WAY more evil". Like that somehow makes what Barack did okay? Hitler killed around 6 million people and Mao killed over 45 million people in over four years. I guess that means comparatively Hitler was a pretty good guy right?

You can spin it whatever way you want to, the label of "drone strike president" is a crown that rest solely on the head of Barack Obama. Now that may very well change in a very short amount of time because Donald is an inept fool but it still just means both of them have/had a nonchalant attitude towards innocent people dying.

Also maybe you shouldn't call the side of your party that actually had a chance of defeating Donald Trump the "alt right left wing". You're just mad because actual progressives showed all of the fake liberals how wrong they truly were.
You're almost impossibly stupid for reading my OP that way. I didn't excuse anything Obama did. You need to apologize for being that retarded. And then you need to light your wallet and your testicles on fire for the Hitler/Mao analogy.

The rise of drone technology led to the rise of drone technology being used by the military. Which president happened to be in office at the time, is irrelevant. And it will continue to rise, regardless of who is the president.

The rise of drone technology led to the rise of drone technology being used by the military. Which president happened to be in office at the time, is irrelevant. And it will continue to rise, regardless of who is the president.
Wrong. Policy matters. Rules of engagement matter. Chain of command matters. Accountability matters. The difference in policy is that the executive will no longer have a close eye on the drone strikes. The CIA is going to be given more authority to assassinate too. This isn't just about a shift in technology, it's a shift in policy. More recklessness, less oversight.

This technology will allow soft, fleshy, asthmatic gamers to sit in air conditioned cubicles, decked out in their VR goggles, and go on actual, human-killing bombing raids.

Go progress!

I remember reading an article that said Obama's presidency essentially "normalized" drone strikes. Thats true. Obama himself joked about it which he should have been lambasted for. He set the precedent now it's par for the course. He got away with murder because he was considered a likable guy by the left. He recieved some criticism but not as much as he should have. Now future presidents will follow Obamas lead and not be subjugated to all the criticisms they deserve. That's the sad reality of the situation.
All US Presidents ever have gotten away with murder with little to no scrutiny. Putting at the feet of Obama is silly. He is certainly "the drone strike President", but the rest of your post ignores literally the entire history of the US. Particularly since WWII.

people are really in here claiming that (insert buzz word for democrats/liberals) didnt have problems with the drone strikes

like one of the biggest foreign policy criticisms of obama and the way the government was flubbing civilian casualities, the secret process determining who dies and all that went with it...and because people are so pro team a or team b they will convince themselves of anything

we are so fucked
just google "obama drone strike policy criticism"

the first results are the atlantic, the guardian, washington post, NYT all of them criticise it in some form or another

and I'm no expert but most of these are generally left leaning??? I could be wrong

Back