But but...muh drone strikes...

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's a wee brick upside the head for those who bitched about Obama drone strikes in favor of Trump. Most complainers were from our resident alt-right left wing, but plenty of vanilla Trump supporters jumped on it as well. From last week, I didn't notice it when the story came out:

The Trump administration is moving ahead with plans to make it easier for the CIA and the military to target terrorists with drone strikes, even if it means tolerating more civilian casualties

That is part of a broad policy shift underway, U.S. officials say, to grant the CIA and the military more autonomy to target and kill al Qaeda and ISIS militants without presidential sign-off in countries such as Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Libya and Afghanistan.

Trump also appears to be reversing a policy preference by Obama to get the CIA, for the most part, out of the drone-killing business.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...trikes-tolerates-more-civilian-deaths-n733336

Goodbye presidential accountability for drone strikes, it's about to become a fucking free-for-all, a.k.a. exactly what people have been pretending Obama was doing.

Oh, good. Dead cinilians means less terrorists. Hopefully we blow up some more hospitals too, that made them hate us way less.

I never had a problem with the drone strikes.. More of them dead.. The better.

The left is going to be hypocritical though.. Silent on Obama killing muslims.. But will call Trump literally Hitler

Seems like a strategy worth trying. Of course mistakes like hitting a primary school or hospital should be avoided.
But if you drive a car with an ISIS or Al Qaida member. Or you live in the same house how much of a civilian are you?

Not ideal but its war you either fight it and go with the strategy that you think will bring victory by whatever it takes or you don't fight it at all.
Those Drone strikes have really crippled Al Qaida. I would say go for it.

I never had a problem with the drone strikes.. More of them dead.. The better.

The left is going to be hypocritical though.. Silent on Obama killing muslims.. But will call Trump literally Hitler
The left has not been silent on drone strikes.

Drone strikes are awesome. Not sure why anybody would want less of them.

Can't wait to hear leftist complain about Trump for stuff Obama also did that they were quiet about.

But seriously, nothing Trump could ever do will be worse than Obama taking out Gaddafi which caused Africans to flood into Europe.

The left is going to be hypocritical though... Silent on Obama killing muslims...

Oh look, a connedservative who's clearly been living in a bubble.

Wonders will never cease ...

The hypocrisy of Obama supporters knows no bounds. Now they care about drone strikes.

Can't wait to hear leftist complain about Trump for stuff Obama also did that they were quiet about.

But seriously, nothing Trump could ever do will be worse than Obama taking out Gaddafi which caused Africans to flood into Europe.

No, not only did the left complain about the drone strikes, the entire point of the story is to show that this shift in policy makes that problem severely worse. As in, if people were on the fence about drone strikes, but took some solace in the fact that they were watched very closely by the executive, now that accountability is gone. Think, with the soft shit between your ears- that's what does the thinking.

I expect Trump to be reckless with the use of force but I don't think Democrats have a strong position to criticize this from. Obama did it and Hilldawg would have done it. There's certainly a tactical argument against casually blowing up civilians and creating more enemies in areas you're trying to pacify. This stuff grosses me out but I'm numb to it at this point. We're going to be doing this shit forever and ever. The middle east is basically a test range for futuristic weapons.

Looks like several other posters here agree.. Mostly silent on Obama drone strikes

I'm not surprised. When it comes to foreign policy, Trump's definitely going to ride bitch for 4 years.

But, Rand Paul better stage a 13 hour filibuster or he's a two faced prick.

No, not only did the left complain about the drone strikes, the entire point of the story is to show that this shift in policy makes that problem severely worse. As in, if people were on the fence about drone strikes, but took some solace in the fact that they were watched very closely by the executive, now that accountability is gone. Think, with the soft shit between your ears- that's what does the thinking.

You should seriously watch the video i posted about Gaddafi above and hear what Putin say's near the end.

nice word salad, but I don't speak tard, what does this even mean?
You understand perfectly well.

This represents a big shift in policy in a very bad direction. But of course your first instinct is to get defensive- I'll wait for your head to catch up so you can pretend to care about civilians again.

I expect Trump to be reckless with the use of force but I don't think Democrats have a strong position to criticize this from. Obama did it and Hilldawg would have done it. There's certainly a tactical argument against casually blowing up civilians and creating more enemies in areas you're trying to pacify. This stuff grosses me out but I'm numb to it at this point. We're going to be doing this shit forever and ever. The middle east is basically a test range for futuristic weapons.

Liberals really are the worst with this passive/aggressive nonsense.

It makes me regret voting for Obama twice, maybe i should have voted for Romney.

snoop.png

You understand perfectly well.

This represents a big shift in policy in a very bad direction. But of course your first instinct is to get defensive- I'll wait for your head to catch up so you can pretend to care about civilians again.

My position on drone strikes and our policy in the Middle East is well established, you're an Obama and Clinton supporter who never gave a shit, until now....

Back