Social Burger King store refuses to serve cops. As story goes viral, store demands apology — from cops

So what? Yes the employees and the owners are complete idiots for refusing service and acting like children. But this is a government service, funded by our money. The government and it's employees shouldn't seek any sort of vengeance.

Telling what happened is not seeking vengeance.

Telling what happened is not seeking vengeance.

Keep in mind they are working in official capacity.

By telling people what happen while on duty is essentially vengeance. Does it not hurt the business? The answer is.. drum roll... Yes, yes it does.

I feel like I am repeating myself here but I cannot stress this point enough. This is a government service paid by taxing paying parties.

There's a more recent version of this story here.
The owner of the St. Francisville Burger King, Joe Clements, said in an email today that his now former employees had refused to serve multiple customers that evening, including the deputies.

“The actions of these team members were unacceptable and do not reflect the values of our establishment,” Clements said. “The team members in question refused service to multiple guests on that day, including two law-enforcement officials. As a result, these individuals no longer work for our organization. We have sincerely apologized to the deputies for the poor experience and are grateful for everything they do to protect our community.”

On Friday, members of the Burger King corporate office met with the Sheriff’s Office and apologized to the deputies involved, Cavalier said.

“Their apologies were accepted,” Cavalier said. “We requested they work with their people to ensure they receive the proper training. If the tables had been turned and they wanted those two guys to take a bullet for them during an armed robbery or something, our guys would’ve have done it. We just don’t want this to happen to other people.”

Keep in mind they are working in official capacity.

By telling people what happen while on duty is essentially vengeance. Does it not hurt the business? The answer is.. drum roll... Yes, yes it does.

I feel like I am repeating myself here but I cannot stress this point enough. This is a government service paid by taxing paying parties.

I agree that it is a government paid service. I didn't like the posts suggesting that police did their job. I also think it is fair for people to call out what the people did at Burger King as well.

Are you conflating the owner/establishment with the low-wage, part-time, teen-aged shitheads who pulled the prank?

My post was on general refusal of service.

This owner is an idiot just by his reaction to the situation.

My post was on general refusal of service.

This owner is an idiot just by his reaction to the situation.

Yeah. And my post was asking if you differentiated between the help at a low wage job and ownership. Your comments don't reflect that you do.

When I look at post #83 I'm wondering what he did that makes him an idiot and what you'd do better that makes you so much smarter in comparison.

I agree that it is a government paid service. I didn't like the posts suggesting that police did their job. I also think it is fair for people to call out what the people did at Burger King as well.

I feel like our conversation hasn't moved an inch.

I would agree with your statement if a random guy on the street goes into Burger king and they refused or gave him bad service. By all means do so. Complain all you want. The reason why this is even in the headlines is because it happened while in uniform. To me, it seems rather in appropriate for any government employee no matter what their job involves to complain to the media...aka to public shame a private business.

Yeah. And my post was asking if you differentiated between the help at a low wage job and ownership. Your comments don't reflect that you do.

When I look at post #83 I'm wondering what he did that makes him an idiot and what you'd do better that makes you so much smarter in comparison.

Have you read the link.

The manager fired the one responsible, fine and if the owner had said we fixed the problem and welcome everyone then it would be over.

However the owner wanted an apology from the cops like they did something wrong.

Im gonna call my good friend anderson silva to have a word with all you heretics slandering the kings product

I feel like our conversation hasn't moved an inch.

I would agree with your statement if a random guy on the street goes into Burger king and they refused or gave him bad service. By all means do so. Complain all you want. The reason why this is even in the headlines is because it happened while in uniform. To me, it seems rather in appropriate for any government employee no matter what their job involves to complain to the media...aka to public shame a private business.

No we have not moved an inch and I doubt it will. This was not just a refusal of service since they were saying they were out of things which seems to be untrue. They didn't just say we don't want your business.

I disagreed with those who thought the police should not show up if a crime happened their, the police still have a job to do. The police are still people and have the right to voice the way they were treated.

No we have not moved an inch and I doubt it will. This was not just a refusal of service since they were saying they were out of things which seems to be untrue. They didn't just say we don't want your business.

I disagreed with those who thought the police should not show up if a crime happened their, the police still have a job to do. The police are still people and have the right to voice the way they were treated.

The people in the drive through were disgusting and acting like idiots, the police still have to do their jobs. There is nothing wrong with the story being told.

Again back to square one. In your first post you state the employees/owner were being petty. Okay? Fine. I think we have established this. In this post out of no where you bring up that it's not a refusal of service because they were being lied to AKA they weren't out of chicken. What are you trying to get at here? I honestly don't understand. Does being lied to and perhaps feeling humiliated negate everything I just said.

My whole problem from the beginning revolves around government employees voicing their opinion about a private business while on the job.

Again back to square one. In your first post you state the employees/owner were being petty. Okay? Fine. I think we have established this. In this post out of no where you bring up that it's not a refusal of service because they were being lied to AKA they weren't out of chicken. What are you trying to get at here? I honestly don't understand. Does being lied to and perhaps feeling humiliated negate everything I just said.

My whole problem from the beginning revolves around government employees voicing their opinion about a private business while on the job.

I did reply to several people so I had to look at what was said.

When you called it a refusal of service I just thought there was more than just a refusal of service. They were stringing them along with their replies.

Have you read the link.

The manager fired the one responsible, fine and if the owner had said we fixed the problem and welcome everyone then it would be over.

However the owner wanted an apology from the cops like they did something wrong.

I guess if you support publicly smearing businesses for rogue actions of low-level employees, fueling the fire with a false narrative (i.e. being target for being pigs), and refusing to exonerate said business when more facts come to light, they're perfect little angels. Probably wasted tax-dollars by engaging in this pettiness on the job too. But that's minor compared to the libel. Or maybe not. Sounds like they tried to compromise this man's business as public employees. Sounds like a lawsuit against the city to me. Government shouldn't be engaged in sabotaging legitimate businesses.

I guess if you support publicly smearing businesses for rogue actions of low-level employees, fueling the fire with a false narrative (i.e. being target for being pigs), and refusing to exonerate said business when more facts come to light, they're perfect little angels. Probably wasted tax-dollars by engaging in this pettiness on the job too. But that's minor compared to the libel. Or maybe not. Sounds like they tried to compromise this man's business as public employees. Sounds like a lawsuit against the city to me. Government shouldn't be engaged in sabotaging legitimate businesses.

The owner could have easily replied in a manner that with have smoothed things over. His response made it worse.

The owner could have easily replied in a manner that with have smoothed things over. His response made it worse.

Same can be said for the pigs. Hopefully the city is sued and officer snowflakes are fired for using a public position as a platform to execute a personal grudge.

Supporting that sort of behavior from government sounds like what they call boot-licking. Count me out, but you go ahead and enjoy. :D

niceguys-clockwork.bdrip123456.gif

Same can be said for the pigs. Hopefully the city is sued and officer snowflakes are fired for using a public position as a platform to execute a personal grudge.

Supporting that sort of behavior from government sounds like what they call boot-licking. Count me out, but you go ahead and enjoy. :D

niceguys-clockwork.bdrip123456.gif

How is stating what happened executing a personal grudge? On what grounds can you sue the city as it involves what happened.

Do you really believe thinking what the employees did at Burger King is messed up is the same thing as boot licking the police?

How is stating what happened executing a personal grudge? On what grounds can you sue the city as it involves what happened.

Do you really believe thinking what the employees did at Burger King is messed up is the same thing as boot licking the police?

They publicly suggested they issue with service was because they were officers (despite lack of evidence). The comment about robbery and the workers not being owed something sounds like a veiled threat. They used their job position to gain credibility and sympathy, thereby dragging the city into it.

My comments were about your comments about the owner. Now you're shifting to the employees, as if that was the context.

If you had some dumb fucking teens at a fast food joint pull this shit you'd do exactly the same as the cops? If so, suit yourself. I'd like to think most reasonable people would shrug it off and just go elsewhere. Or at the very least go talk to the owner. Not take the first chance available to rustle up torches and pitchforks. But hey, I'm tainted by remembering the pre-internet days.

<Fedor23>

Back