Burger chain stepping up its game and it's not just convenient kiosks

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/robot-fast-food-burger/

CBS Local — As fast food employees across the U.S. continue to protest for higher wages, a California chain restaurant has decided to hire a new staff member that works for free. The competition for the company’s low-wage workers: a burger-flipping robot named “Flippy.”

CaliBurger has announced they will be installing the high-tech replacement in 50 of their locations around the world. “Flippy,” the robotic kitchen assistant, was created by a California startup company called Miso Robotics and is expected to roll out in 2018.

Ironically, the futuristic short-order cook has been developed to replace workers in one of the most progressive states in America. Several California cities have already raised the minimum wage as the state plans to push the rate to $15 by 2022.

“This wage is not sustainable for a lot of companies… in that $5 increase you’re talking about $12,000 increase per employee… where does that money come from,” warned Peter Tateishi of the Sacramento Metro Chamber.

California of all places. And inb4 ubi.

There'a a robot bartender in Vegas that's been operational for a month or so, I don't remember the name of the place though.

Can I have sex with it? If it isn't a sex robot, I don't care.

Can I have sex with it? If it isn't a sex robot, I don't care.
You'll care when their burgers taste just as good and cost half as much as the joint down the street.

What are all the low wage workers gonna do when robots have taken all their jobs?

Also if all the low income people don't have jobs because robots have taken them. who's buying the burgers?

Hopefully this leads to a raise in legit street food instead of the mass produced shit sold at chain restaurants.

I think the cops are gonna be on the side of the robots.

I think it's just a matter of time, but all of the fight for $15 folks are making it happen sooner. If I were a robot manufacturer I would be lobbying my congressmen for huge minimum wage increases for all potentially automated labor.

There'a a robot bartender in Vegas that's been operational for a month or so, I don't remember the name of the place though.

edit: The robots name is Tipsy and it's in the Miracle Miles Shops at Planet Hollywood.

Tipsy_Robot_9.jpg

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jun/28/bionic-bartenders-deployed-at-las-vegas-strip-bar/

Last edited:
Who's surprised the market is finding its way around government mandated hikes
382.gif

giphy.gif

What are all the low wage workers gonna do when robots have taken all their jobs?

Also if all the low income people don't have jobs because robots have taken them. who's buying the burgers?

This is probably going to lead to a basic income provided by the government...

Think they are trying it here in ontario in a few communities.

Not much different than welfare tbh

Well, if Trump implements his tariff plans the next to go are the working class white people who had so much faith in him.

Hopefully this leads to a raise in legit street food instead of the mass produced shit sold at chain restaurants.

Yeah, I would not eat anything from a robot server unless it was a sexbot serving up the old fish stew.

But I wonder when we will get the machines to turn the out of work into soup?

They have to make these robots workers into android copies of famous celebrities. These celebs will then charge for use of their likeness. Until one day they too are replaced.

Ghost in the Shell is becoming reality.

I'd rather trust food coming from a chain restaurant then street food. You just can't trust the cleanliness of street food.

Of course if you find a good one that's trustworthy then it's leaps and bounds better.

This is probably going to lead to a basic income provided by the government...

Think they are trying it here in ontario in a few communities.

Not much different than welfare tbh

Yeah the tax payer will pay, and society in general will be worse off.

But hey at least the companies making these robots and the companies using these robots will make a sweet earn.

Back