Burger chain stepping up its game and it's not just convenient kiosks

I'd rather trust food coming from a chain restaurant then street food. You just can't trust the cleanliness of street food.

Of course if you find a good one that's trustworthy then it's leaps and bounds better.
its cute that you think you can trust restaurant food...

$12,000 doesn't buy alot of robot in my mind.

Any info on cost?

The fast-food workers should offer to work for free to compete with the robot.

I dont think anyone that is able to think things through is surprised by this.

But the good news is they can pay the few people they keep the 15 dollars an hour.

What are all the low wage workers gonna do when robots have taken all their jobs?

Also if all the low income people don't have jobs because robots have taken them. who's buying the burgers?

You could always get a job sorting recyclables. Wait, scratch that.
Here's Sortie, a robot that uses AI to sort recyclables. Well it's real name is Max-Ai, but Sortie sounds a lot cooler.

People should be more worried about AI than robots. The software is what's going to cause the next tech revolution.

I dont think anyone that is able to think things through is surprised by this.

But the good news is they can pay the few people they keep the 15 dollars an hour.

I doubt they'll keep people around. Most stores will probably go obsolete in 20 years and we'll have Idiocracy style kiosks.

You'll care when their burgers taste just as good and cost half as much as the joint down the street.

I doubt the price of the product will go down much, if it all, when the company's labor costs go down thanks to automation. They'll just keep that extra profit.

There'a a robot bartender in Vegas that's been operational for a month or so, I don't remember the name of the place though.

edit: The robots name is Tipsy and it's in the Miracle Miles Shops at Planet Hollywood.

Tipsy_Robot_9.jpg

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/jun/28/bionic-bartenders-deployed-at-las-vegas-strip-bar/
Sure, I'd have sex with that.

Yeah the tax payer will pay, and society in general will be worse off.

But hey at least the companies making these robots and the companies using these robots will make a sweet earn.

Tax payer already subsidising a few of those guys anyway.

I doubt they'll keep people around. Most stores will probably go obsolete in 20 years and we'll have Idiocracy style kiosks.

Likely amazon and other mail delivery services will replace brick and morter shops.

I'd rather trust food coming from a chain restaurant then street food. You just can't trust the cleanliness of street food.

Of course if you find a good one that's trustworthy then it's leaps and bounds better.

Yeah, places like Subway and Panda Express are the way to go when it comes to fast food. You don't get to see every step of the preparation process, but you get to see a lot. You can watch the Panda Express cooks making the food in the background and see the servers scoop your order for you. And at Subway you can instruct them on what you want and watch them make it. Their much healthier than most fast food and more under the microscope.

You'll care when their burgers taste just as good and cost half as much as the joint down the street.
I must be cynical, but I d not see them charging much less.

CBC Radio has programs running all through its lineup all week on the changing work environment and the need for adaptation. I recommend checking it out. It's all very interesting.
They had an expert on who has calculated that around 40% of all American jobs are now or soon can be feasibly automated. The above was one example. He also explained it might appear that you need a real person for something like a restaurant server, but it is highly open to automation (see Japan).

For a lot of people, it's gonna suck bad for a while. But it's been pointed out that lots of jobs have been taken by robots over the last several decades, yet human productivity has not dropped, and employment is at historic highs.

There'a a robot bartender in Vegas that's been operational for a month or so, I don't remember the name of the place though.

They've got a robotic pizza maker in California also, from a company called Zume.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtis...a-asks-you-want-a-piece-of-this/#62ad70e25da5

"Their plan is simple; no humans, all robots."

rsz_zume_marta.jpg

zume.jpg

ZumePizza_Oven1.jpg

Likely amazon and other mail delivery services will replace brick and morter shops.

Thats what I thought but Amazon is actually starting to build their own brick and mortar stores. They've opened bookstores in Seattle and San Diego.

The bookstores are pretty limited in their stock, only the top 100 best selling books, new releases, and books that become relevant at the moment. They seem to be going for the whole hipster coffee shop vibe. I'm not sure about the Seattle store but the San DIego store is on UCSD campus.

I'm thinking maybe they could establish some B & M locations that could eventually transform into processing and delivery locations. They might want strategically located centers for more convenient delivery. And if drone delivery takes off, they might need even more centrally located delivery locations within range of drone capabilities.

Back