Bryan Caraway vs. Cody Stamann Added to UFC 222

I was waiting for Caraway vs. Johnny Nunez actually. Little bit dissapointed.

If Caraway wins he should grap the mic and go like:

"Johnny Nunez! you're taking everything I worked for, mother f*cker. I'm gonna fight your f*cking ass. You know what's the real fight, what's the real money fight -- me..."

I mean they are probably cool and all but what a sight it would be..

Caraway can get a submission or maybe his head is messed up from Tate leaving him and getting knocked up or Robert Follis passing away or the injuries he has had

I hope there's some more Main Card fights announced soon although I'm not optimistic based on how 220 and 221 turned out.
222 is Vegas tho. Even 219 was stacked at first. Lost Cruz/Rivera & Usman/Meek. And Saki.

I think they wanna make Tony/Khabib but idk of Tony's elbow will be healed, or if he would take the fight of UFC don't strip Conor

222 is Vegas tho. Even 219 was stacked at first. Lost Cruz/Rivera & Usman/Meek. And Saki.

I think they wanna make Tony/Khabib but idk of Tony's elbow will be healed, or if he would take the fight of UFC don't strip Conor
I hope you're right but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

always liked Caraway but dont like this fight to much but maybe he asked for a tune-up since he has been so inactive.

Caraway trying so hard to get a ranked opponent a while back and now he comes back with this?

This is gonna be a competitive fight, but I think Caraway will outpoint him.

Caraway is going to come in to this one either emotionally broken or ready to kill someone. Either way, must-watch.

On a serious note, considering that Tate herself admitted that Caraway had pretty much sacrificed his own career for hers, I hope he got a payout $$$

<Y2JSmirk>

Caraway turns up to this fight and I'll eat my hat.
If he does though, he submits Stamann - Cody's nowhere near ready for him and a worse version of him.

From potential contender and fucking Miesha Tate to fighting nobodies and not fucking Miesha Tate.

Caraway is a solid fighter with fun grappling but Idk how to place him in the division.

He has large bouts of inactivity, hasn't put together a 3+ win streak in years, and almost never capitalizes on his key wins with higher comp. Now Bryan's being put in there with a prospect seemingly as a test.

Alot to lose and not a win he can sit out a year+ out on if he gets it.

Just in case he needs motivation for this fight:

Cody and Johnny are buddies.

Last edited:
Weird fight. Caraway has been inactive but belongs with the upper echelon of the division; I can only imagine he asked for a lower ranked opponent.

Cody is going to get strangled, that's not much of a question - obviously it's MMA and anything can happen, but that is the likely scenario. The real question here is: does Caraway have any actual ambition to gun for the top of the heap? Or is he content to pick up random wins every so often and pursue endeavors outside of the octagon?

Caraway is fun to watch. Glad to see him back in there. But really... I am pumped for this card because of one person... MacKenzie Dern...

Back