Broner vs Mikey Garcia Official for July 29

Thanks man. I'm not going to compare my experiences because everyones has been different . I've had fun while I've been in . The travel has been cool but it also produced the hardest part of being away from family , part of the reason I'm one of the many service members that have a divorce before 30. Despite all that it's been an enjoyable ride and I intend to at least do the 20 .

I'm 31 and I still don't feel grown up. I think that happens when you have kids, maybe. I'm a fairly proper adult, solid career, married, but I never had that "ahhh, now I'm an adult" moment. Although I'm pretty convinced everyone is walking around thinking "wtf is going on" so it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe that's what being a grown up is. Realizing we're all just a bunch of idiots walking around in the dark, and keeping on walking anyway.

haha, I am 31 and feel the same way. Not married, but have a serious girlfriend. Had my job 4 years, paid my home off, got 401k (well 403B), traveled to a ton of places, but eh....

My brother is 34 with two kids, and I do not consider himself an adult. But as the same time, he is an alcoholic, so I dunno if they are ever really adults.

I dont think I will ever really feel like one, until it is too late and I have a stroke or something, and need a home health care aide or some shit.

Thanks man. I'm not going to compare my experiences because everyones has been different . I've had fun while I've been in . The travel has been cool but it also produced the hardest part of being away from family , part of the reason I'm one of the many service members that have a divorce before 30. Despite all that it's been an enjoyable ride and I intend to at least do the 20 .
if you don't mind me asking, where we you stationed? No details you're not comfortable with sharing necessary

I'm 31 and I still don't feel grown up. I think that happens when you have kids, maybe. I'm a fairly proper adult, solid career, married, but I never had that "ahhh, now I'm an adult" moment. Although I'm pretty convinced everyone is walking around thinking "wtf is going on" so it doesn't bother me anymore. Maybe that's what being a grown up is. Realizing we're all just a bunch of idiots walking around in the dark, and keeping on walking anyway.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever wrote.
31 ftw.

That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever wrote.

I'm 30 and I'm buoyed by the fact I have to train mostly 20 year olds .

if you don't mind me asking, where we you stationed? No details you're not comfortable with sharing necessary
I'm in Hampton Roads area near VA Beach. Having a Blast. Wating for the next adventure trying to get orders to Japan in 2019.

This post and you thanking @heavyarms21 for his service is great.

Now that I have the sig I feel like I'll play the part too. Adolf is my guy for the next month. Maybe rustle some jimmies in the heavies if I'm lucky that would be hilarious. Sig bets are fun, I used to do them in @RR 's thread in the ot a bit more often back then but haven't done them much in awhile. Forgot how funny they can be, especially to the people who don't know that you lost a sig bet, haha, those are what really make sig bets great.

Between you guys and my older brother and his friends from hs and college and work and shit. I know a lot of 31 y/o's. '86 babies ain't as good as '90 babies but you're alright in my book.

I'm in Hampton Roads area near VA Beach. Having a Blast. Wating for the next adventure trying to get orders to Japan in 2019.
oh that's awesome actually, VA is a cool state. Being stationed in Japan should be dope.

Man, Broner sure didn't show much last night... less than we've seen even against Maidana from my memory. He seems to have almost zero counter-punching ability, and of he's going backwards or being punched at, forget it. nothing happens. I honestly couldn't believe how low his output was- just a punching bag with his hands up for like half the fight. He definitely out-talked Mikey in the ring.... idiot. Instead of acting like his shots didnt mean shit why not fight him?!

Mikey looked awesome. So balanced, and his timing and counters and bodywork. Broner did seem to get to him a little at the end, and cause him some trouble, if nothing more than just some pain, but talk about too little too late...

Man, him and Bud would be awesome! But they have diff promotors?

im expecting both garcia and adrian to throw about 500 punches each. will see if skill overcomes power and punch resistance

Here are the punchstats, since we were discussing it the other day.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 8.16.47 PM.png

Garcia threw in volume and Broner tried to snipe, like I thought they would. I really think the only way for Garcia to have lost this fight is if he allowed Broner to throw around the same amount of punches as him.

Here are the punchstats, since we were discussing it the other day.

View attachment 256239

Garcia threw in volume and Broner tried to snipe, like I thought they would. I really think the only way for Garcia to have lost this fight is if he allowed Broner to throw around the same amount of punches as him.

I said it in the thread during the fight, but Adrien fights like he thinks the judges will dock him points if he throws more than his opponent. He's not a good counter puncher when he can't walk through punches.

Mikey also threw more than he normally does. Just goes to show that even though he's textbook he's got more than one dimension. He'll adjust his game according to his opponent. I think that alone will make him tough for anyone, even Loma and Crawford. Given all of their relative wins, I can't rate those guys as better than Mikey as professionals. I think I give both of them the edge over Garcia but I don't doubt those brothers will come up with a plan that makes both fights very competitive.

I said it in the thread during the fight, but Adrien fights like he thinks the judges will dock him points if he throws more than his opponent. He's not a good counter puncher when he can't walk through punches.

Mikey also threw more than he normally does. Just goes to show that even though he's textbook he's got more than one dimension. He'll adjust his game according to his opponent. I think that alone will make him tough for anyone, even Loma and Crawford. Given all of their relative wins, I can't rate those guys as better than Mikey as professionals. I think I give both of them the edge over Garcia but I don't doubt those brothers will come up with a plan that makes both fights very competitive.
I'll cheer for Garcia but at this moment I don't feel you can gameplan against TC , dude can do it all and will adjust

Mikey is one of my favorite fighters right now. He's one of those guys that seems to do everything right, in and out of the ring (contract issues aside). I might favor him over Lomachenko right now. Crawford is a tough call because Crawford is way bigger, so I'd favor Crawford.

I agree on Broner. I think Broner is gifted with very quick hands, but he's a very average boxer and lacks any sort of ring IQ. Throughout the fight he was shooting this sharp jab just short, over and over. What good is a jab if you are pulling it, throwing with no commitment, why even throw it? I kept thinking that as the bigger guy Broner should have sought to get Mikey's respect very early on, but instead he let Mikey walk him down while he skipped around the ring. He just does not seem smart to me. By time Broner showed a hint of fire, it was way too late.

Mikey is one of my favorite fighters right now. He's one of those guys that seems to do everything right, in and out of the ring (contract issues aside). I might favor him over Lomachenko right now. Crawford is a tough call because Crawford is way bigger, so I'd favor Crawford.

I agree on Broner. I think Broner is gifted with very quick hands, but he's a very average boxer and lacks any sort of ring IQ. Throughout the fight he was shooting this sharp jab just short, over and over. What good is a jab if you are pulling it, throwing with no commitment, why even throw it? I kept thinking that as the bigger guy Broner should have sought to get Mikey's respect very early on, but instead he let Mikey walk him down while he skipped around the ring. He just does not seem smart to me. By time Broner showed a hint of fire, it was way too late.
I want to like him but my mind always goes back to him quitting in the Salido fight. I don't care how "smart " people say it was, he might no be able to fool the commission like that the next time he gets his face broken.

He's got talent but he needs to prove his heart to me. He could be another Victor Ortiz.

@RR You need to get Danny to an eye doctor, apparently he thought Broner won.

I want to like him but my mind always goes back to him quitting in the Salido fight. I don't care how "smart " people say it was, he might no be able to fool the commission like that the next time he gets his face broken.

He's got talent but he needs to prove his heart to me. He could be another Victor Ortiz.

I thought that was an obviously intentional headbutt from Salido because he was getting his ass whooped.

Watch from 3mins to 4mins.

I thought that was an obviously intentional headbutt from Salido because he was getting his ass whooped.
Doesn't matter. Fights don't get stopped for broken noses. I still can't believe they pulled that off. IT wasn't a DQ either.

Back