Brock Lesnar and SIZE does matter.

That’s really not true. The average 200 pound (90 kilo) untrained fatty is getting rag dolled by even MM and the 125ers.

Lean, athletic 200 pounders maybe but that is a million miles (or about 50 pounds more fat and 50 pounds less muscle) away from the average 200 pounder.

Wut? I’m just saying a 90 kilos fighter should be able to close the gap with most people... if you are 60 kilos, no matter what your skills are, you are not beating a 120 kilos guy... you just don’t have enough mass to compensate the weight discrepancy...

E-stalking you? I responded to a post with something reasonable, you responded with a smart ass GIF, I returned the smart ass GIF. Where's the stalking there?

It is YOUR mental capacity that is in question, or rather your mental stability- I think you seriously paranoid like a schizophrenic. Or maybe you just can't stand someone pointing out that you made an idiotic statement about someone becoming an MMA great with arm wrestling as their style..

Seriously, I'm going to need those parental signatures. Don't be the first person I've ever blocked. Don't be THAT guy

Functional strength in MMA = size. Barnett isn't stronger. He just has 50 lbs of body mass and momentum thrown into every movement he makes that Romero has to push off. Meanwhile, Romero has 50 less lbs of body mass and momentum that Barnett doesn't have to push off. So, Romero is much stronger but he has to output 100 more lbs of strength and, depending on the clash of velocities, much more momentum than Barnett does for every slight movement that happens.

Every punch, Romero is throwing with more strength. However, Barnett is throwing punches with less strength but with a 50 lb cinder block attached. Barnetts punches are weaker but are still going to hurt more. Meanwhile, Romero's stronger punches are hitting a person with 50 more lbs of padding to absorb Romero's superior strength.

Romero and Palhares are both stronger than Barnett. Their muscles can output more force. But their muscles aren't strong enough to overcome the size disadvantages they face.

Are you saying if barnatt cuts down his overall weight to match romero's body fat levels, he would have less muscle mass? I am not too sure about that. Dont forget barnatt probably has bigger bones and additional water weight. He definitely has more lean mass overall and that's what matters. Romero would be undersized in lhw let alone in hw. I get what you are saying. If romero had a higher body fat percentage, he could be similar in size to barnatt. At the end of the day he isnt so barnatt is stronger and would toss him around effortlessly.

Barnatt in a fight vs romero would be quite interesting tbh. Barnatt doesnt really have ko power but hws hit hard.

Yeah like open weight classes never existed... go tell that to Royce Gracie and a whole Bunch of guys fighting giants back in the day... WHEN skills are similar, size and strength will always make a difference...

Uh except the skills WEREN'T similar in regards to Royce. He was literally the only one who knew BJJ lol.

Wut? I’m just saying a 90 kilos fighter should be able to close the gap with most people... if you are 60 kilos, no matter what your skills are, you are not beating a 120 kilos guy... you just don’t have enough mass to compensate the weight discrepancy...

If the 120kg guys is some totally untrained fat slob who can't even do a push up and who would gas out within literally one minute, then a small guy can obviously beat him. But yes, size definitely matters.

Are you saying if barnatt cuts down his overall weight to match romero's body fat levels, he would have less muscle mass? I am not too sure about that. Dont forget barnatt probably has bigger bones and additional water weight. He definitely has more lean mass overall and that's what matters. Romero would be undersized in lhw let alone in hw. I get what you are saying. If romero had a higher body fat percentage, he could be similar in size to barnatt. At the end of the day he isnt so barnatt is stronger and would toss him around effortlessly.

Barnatt in a fight vs romero would be quite interesting tbh. Barnatt doesnt really have ko power but hws hit hard.
I'm saying if you put heavy rocks in front of Barnett and Romero, Romero could pick up the heavier rocks.

But Barnett still pushes Romero around because Barnett is a heavier rock himself than Romero is stronger.

EG -- Palhares is definitely stronger than Roy Neslon. But Roy Nelson would still bully Palhares like a little kid. Roy Nelson's extra bone, organs, length, and fat allow him to take more punishment, deliver harder punches, get more leverage against Palhares, offer more resistance (due to weight) to Palhares' movement, and get more momentum on his own movement against Palhares.

It's like this. I'm 5'8 150 lbs. If I lost 10 lbs of muscle mass but attached a 20 lb tire iron to my arms, guess who wins? 5'8 150 lb stronger me, or 5'8 160 lb bigger me?

Last edited:
I'm saying if you put heavy rocks in front of Barnett and Romero, Romero could pick up the heavier rocks.

But Barnett still pushes Romero around because Barnett is a heavier rock himself than Romero is stronger.

EG -- Palhares is definitely stronger than Roy Neslon. But Roy Nelson would still bully Palhares like a little kid. Roy Nelson's extra bone, organs, length, and fat allow him to take more punishment, deliver harder punches, get more leverage against Palhares, offer more resistance (due to weight) to Palhares' movement, and get more momentum on his own movement against Palhares.

It's like this. I'm 5'8 150 lbs. If I lost 10 lbs of muscle mass but attached a 20 lb tire iron to my arms, guess who wins? 5'8 150 lb stronger me, or 5'8 160 lb bigger me?
fair enough.

7f7.png

people throwing around 120kgs like most people who are that weight aren't fat, uncoordinated pieces of lard.

Yeah I mean if they're a bodybuilder that's one thing, but 99% of people that size are fat.

Brock is 5-4 in MMA.

First off he is 5-3-1 and the one was a win over hunt that was overturned

Brock could easily have a record like lashley at 15-2 If he spent the majority of it can crushing

Crap on lesnar as much as you want but he has only lost to Mir (who he beat), Cain, and roided overeem.

No shame in losing to them all 3 are top all time heavyweights

First off he is 5-3-1 and the one was a win over hunt that was overturned

Brock could easily have a record like lashley at 15-2 If he spent the majority of it can crushing

Crap on lesnar as much as you want but he has only lost to Mir (who he beat), Cain, and roided overeem.

No shame in losing to them all 3 are top all time heavyweights

Roided Overeem, like Brock was never on roids lmfao

That's why the P4P debate is a debate I hate the most. Let's say we had a magical machine that could make mighty mouse into a 6'4 240lbs guy. Would he still be the best? Well he wouldn't have that speed at heavyweight or cardio etc. He wouldnt be the same fighter let alone the same person. It's stupid. So I don't even get into it. The heavyweight champion is the baddest p4p guy in the real world. In a fantasy theoretical world. Maybe mighty mouse is the best. Maybe GSP is the best. I think cro cop commented on this.

Let's say mighty mouse were to get into a fight with a 6'6 bouncer who is in decent shape, former football player, maybe trains a little bit for fun because he is a bouncer, needs to be able to handle himself in some way. Sapp like skill. Who would win? The bouncer would most likely just midget toss mighty mouse. I think most limited skilled out of shape people under 200lbs mighty mouse owns them. But it comes to a point where a guy who has 100lbs on you, not just worthless fat, has some limited skills, simply outmuscles you. I say this as a guy not that big myself. It's just the facts.
I don't know why it's so hard for mma guys to understand.
P4P is just that, the pure technique, skill, fight IQ etc. a fighter has regardless of size.
It's not a "we'll, if they were the same size" type of debate.

I remember Chael talking about Brock and how Brock sucks but he makes up for it by sheer size and strength.

He talks about his D1 wrestling championship at heavyweight at how Brock came in at the heavyweight limit of 280lbs of pure muscle vs a guy who was 215-220lbs in the finals. Brock took this guy to a double draw until finally beating him. That's a 60lbs advantage of pure muscle.

Fast forward to his MMA career and this is a guy who has to cut a lot of weight to make the 265 weight limit at heavyweight. I believe He actually weighed in at 266 vs Overeem and had to use the 1 pound overage. I remember in interviews Brock stated he was pretty miserable making this cut.

Can size and strength overcome actual fighting skills? You bet your sweet ass it does. If Brock comes back USADA compliant who knows what to expect. A softer weaker slower older version of before? I think most top 10 wreck him today.
I am a firm believer that any trained male who is at least 215lbs doesn't need protecting (ie weight classes) from anyone.

Nothing in any combat sport has changed my mind. Size is useful, but certainly not everything

If the 120kg guys is some totally untrained fat slob who can't even do a push up and who would gas out within literally one minute, then a small guy can obviously beat him. But yes, size definitely matters.

Definitely, but at the same time there are most likely wrestlers the same size as the guy in the video that would outgrapple that powerlifter. Granted we are talking extreme skill/ability levels.

Back