Brock Lesnar and SIZE does matter.

To some extent, yes.

Kurt Angle was talking about how him and Brock had an actual wrestling match back stage at a WWF event one time. He said Brock is technically sound, but more than anything, he's just a brute. Angle said everyone that saw it understood the difference in skill level between them. Angle is also a multiple time olympic gold medalist, but apparently it wasn't much of a match and he wrecked Brock.

Not sure what Angle weighs, but I bet it's nowhere near 320 lbs.

Point being, skill is skill. When one guy is just way better at something, size matters a lot less. Size might help, but it's only one tool and it rarely wins fights by itself.

FYI, Angle isn't a "multiple time Olympic gold medalist", he won one Gold medal (which is a great achievement, but let's not overstate his resume). and despite what you claim, Angle didn't "wreck Brock". I have heard/read several accounts (Angle himself and other wrestlers although NOT Brock) from people who were present that it was a very close match.
Apparently they decided to wrestle each other because other guys were instigating them on with 'he said" type of stuff so they wrestled.

if you are over 200 lbs or close to say 215 then size doesnt really matter provided you are skilled. Anyone under that limit needs luck on their side or a head made of steel to absorb HW shots. A skilled 200 plus guy can take out a skilled 280-300 lbs guy because that's an optimal size in terms of sheer athleticism. Assuming they have other attributes too like cardio and flexibility.

if you are under 200 lbs then you probably only have a chance in a real life situation type fight with no rules. If not shots, biting, throat shots, spine shots were allowed then you can have a chance.

nope

long battle and Angle finally got 1 takedown

The problem is too many shertards hate Brock and exaggerate everything negative about him. Example: they constantly claim that every time he gets hit he turtles up which is ridiculously absurd.

That's why Bob Sapp beat the crap out of Ernesto Hoost.

Skill is only relevant when the difference in size/strength isn't too overwhelming.
I agree with everything you said but hoost did himself in by standing in trading with sapp. Lesser fighters than hoost managed to beat him because they were more strategic.

only a true Shertard will argue that a goddamn Gracie would submit a gorilla lmao.
68f7302a1fcb3894b46b2f1a98a3c046.jpg

would love to see some bjj pajama nerd try to sink an RNC on this guy.

Nature is scary lmao.

And that makes my statement inaccurate ?

well, if you are going to add "roided" to defend a fighters loss, then you should probably say that brock was also on roids...

I am a firm believer that any trained male who is at least 215lbs doesn't need protecting (ie weight classes) from anyone.

Nothing in any combat sport has changed my mind. Size is useful, but certainly not everything

This. People often use Brock and heavyweights as examples, but I'd argue there are diminished returns past LHW. It's why Brock wasn't able to physically dominate Couture or Cain, and Why Fedor has been able to fight and beat so many people bigger than him. Once you pass a threshold for size and power, you're a threat to anyone walking.

On the other hand, a 180lb guy fighting a 130lb guy is a much, much bigger mismatch.

To be fair whilst Lesnar did clearly depend on size in both MMA and his armature wrestling career he wasn't some skilless bum, just not as skilled as someone like Cormier or Coleman.

The problem is too many shertards hate Brock and exaggerate everything negative about him. Example: they constantly claim that every time he gets hit he turtles up which is ridiculously absurd.

Yeah, I think it mainly comes from those that didn’t see him. He crushed people. He should have beaten Mir both times.

Brock is history joing Coby nation and stop making rehashed threads

Size does matter and so does the amount of roids u take. #JuicedToTheGills

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back