Brock Lesnar and SIZE does matter.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I remember Chael talking about Brock and how Brock sucks but he makes up for it by sheer size and strength.

He talks about his D1 wrestling championship at heavyweight at how Brock came in at the heavyweight limit of 280lbs of pure muscle vs a guy who was 215-220lbs in the finals. Brock took this guy to a double draw until finally beating him. That's a 60lbs advantage of pure muscle.

Fast forward to his MMA career and this is a guy who has to cut a lot of weight to make the 265 weight limit at heavyweight. I believe He actually weighed in at 266 vs Overeem and had to use the 1 pound overage. I remember in interviews Brock stated he was pretty miserable making this cut.

Can size and strength overcome actual fighting skills? You bet your sweet ass it does. If Brock comes back USADA compliant who knows what to expect. A softer weaker slower older version of before? I think most top 10 wreck him today.

Can size and strength overcome actual fighting skills? You bet your sweet ass it does. If Brock comes back USADA compliant who knows what to expect. A softer weaker slower older version of before? I think most top 10 wreck him today.

Sufficient advantage in size and strength will always overpower difference in skill. That's why there are weight classes, that's why gorillas who sit on their asses all day in a zoo would tear the best human martial artist apart, that's why female Olympic medalist in wrestling or Judo lose to high school boys. That's why Bob Sapp beat the crap out of Ernesto Hoost.

Skill is only relevant when the difference in size/strength isn't too overwhelming.

Just watch the Mir rematch...

Crazy how Fedor went undefeated 10 years in a division full of roided up freaks, true goat

No

541b04a1c0edf.image.jpg

Crazy how Fedor went undefeated 10 years in a division full of roided up freaks, true goat
And being undersized.

Also I think too many people are thinking of 2011 pre USADA Brock and UFC 200 USADA 1 month waiver and still failed his drug test Brock. In fact Brock came back bigger and leaner some 5 years later vs Hunt. Juiced to the gills.

Sufficient advantage in size and strength will always overpower difference in skill. That's why there are weight classes, that's why gorillas who sit on their asses all day in a zoo would tear the best human martial artist apart, that's why female Olympic medalist in wrestling or Judo lose to high school boys. That's why Bob Sapp beat the crap out of Ernesto Hoost.

Skill is only relevant when the difference in size/strength isn't too overwhelming.
Look at Bob Sapp now. Dude is a jobber and has been for years. I don't think he has applied himself to training in years. He used to though. Even in his limited skill set he could out muscle and manhandle people. He almost crippled Big Nog in his prime. Hoost was already in the twighlit of his career when he lost to Sapp those 2 times if I remember correctly. Yet a prime Cro Cop pushed his shit in.

It’s almost like he was fighting in a leveled playing field in an untested organization that encouraged PED use

... wait a minute

Yeah. Look at a juiced up Bigfoot against Fedor in Strikeforce. Can’t get that image out of my head. The image of a bloodied up Fedor taking a beating while Bigfoot has mount on him.

The size difference was just way too much. Even for Fedor. I’ve always been curious about the exact amount of a weight advantage Bigfoot had in that fight.

Look at Bob Sapp now. Dude is a jobber and has been for years. I don't think he has applied himself to training in years. He used to though. Even in his limited skill set he could out muscle and manhandle people. He almost crippled Big Nog in his prime. Hoost was already in the twighlit of his career when he lost to Sapp those 2 times if I remember correctly. Yet a prime Cro Cop pushed his shit in.

Yeah Sapp turned into a jobber but the fact that he was even able to go as far as he did with almost no skill and a tiny heart just goes to show how powerful size and strength advantages could take you. People don't like to admit it but at the end of the day size and strength overpower skill, not the other way around. Skill can cover the gap in size and strength up to a point, beyond that it won't do you any good.

Yeah like open weight classes never existed... go tell that to Royce Gracie and a whole Bunch of guys fighting giants back in the day... WHEN skills are similar, size and strength will always make a difference...

I remember Chael talking about Brock and how Brock sucks but he makes up for it by sheer size and strength.

He talks about his D1 wrestling championship at heavyweight at how Brock came in at the heavyweight limit of 280lbs of pure muscle vs a guy who was 215-220lbs in the finals. Brock took this guy to a double draw until finally beating him. That's a 60lbs advantage of pure muscle.

Fast forward to his MMA career and this is a guy who has to cut a lot of weight to make the 265 weight limit at heavyweight. I believe He actually weighed in at 266 vs Overeem and had to use the 1 pound overage. I remember in interviews Brock stated he was pretty miserable making this cut.

Yes, Rogan is known to use gorilla strength over technique when he rolls

Yeah. Look at a juiced up Bigfoot against Fedor in Strikeforce. Can’t get that image out of my head. The image of a bloodied up Fedor taking a beating while Bigfoot has mount on him.

The size difference was just way too much. Even for Fedor. I’ve always been curious about the exact amount of a weight advantage Bigfoot had in that fight.

Fedor fought bigger heavier dudes than Bigfoot was just too much for him on the ground, and that size difference sure played a rolll once there...

It’s almost like he was fighting in a leveled playing field in an untested organization that encouraged PED use

... wait a minute
Pride was the only true MMA, PEDs should be in fact encouraged

Yeah like open weight classes never existed... go tell that to Royce Gracie and a whole Bunch of guys fighting giants back in the day... WHEN skills are similar, size and strength will always make a difference...

I don't even know what you're trying to say. Royce Gracie or even Rickson Gracie in his prime is not beating a gorilla who doesn't know jack about BJJ. Why? Because it's simply too big and too strong. The Gracies can only beat guys who didn't have overwhelming amount of size and strength advantage on them. Power, size and speed beat skill, timing and precision all day.

Yet Brock can break dance like a much smaller man.

Yeah Sapp turned into a jobber but the fact that he was even able to go as far as he did with almost no skill and a tiny heart just goes to show how powerful size and strength advantages could take you. People don't like to admit it but at the end of the day size and strength overpower skill, not the other way around. Skill can cover the gap in size and strength up to a point, beyond that it won't do you any good.
That's why the P4P debate is a debate I hate the most. Let's say we had a magical machine that could make mighty mouse into a 6'4 240lbs guy. Would he still be the best? Well he wouldn't have that speed at heavyweight or cardio etc. He wouldnt be the same fighter let alone the same person. It's stupid. So I don't even get into it. The heavyweight champion is the baddest p4p guy in the real world. In a fantasy theoretical world. Maybe mighty mouse is the best. Maybe GSP is the best. I think cro cop commented on this.

Let's say mighty mouse were to get into a fight with a 6'6 bouncer who is in decent shape, former football player, maybe trains a little bit for fun because he is a bouncer, needs to be able to handle himself in some way. Sapp like skill. Who would win? The bouncer would most likely just midget toss mighty mouse. I think most limited skilled out of shape people under 200lbs mighty mouse owns them. But it comes to a point where a guy who has 100lbs on you, not just worthless fat, has some limited skills, simply outmuscles you. I say this as a guy not that big myself. It's just the facts.

Let’s get sum gifs up in this bitch!

brock-lesnar-slams-mark-hunt-slow-motion-ufc-200.gif

Abe0.gif

upload_2018-7-3_3-42-14.gif

upload_2018-7-3_3-42-42.gif

<{natewhut}>

Its relative... you have to have some critical mass to be able to deal with most sizes, although I don’t expect Connor to beat the mountain
I don't even know what you're trying to say. Royce Gracie or even Rickson Gracie in his prime is not beating a gorilla who doesn't know jack about BJJ. Why? Because it's simply too big and too strong. The Gracies can only beat guys who didn't have overwhelming amount of size and strength advantage on them. Power, size and speed beat skill, timing and precision all day.

Jesús, ken was 220 pounds of pure steroid muscles, that’s 50 pounds... Royce also beat remco who was at least 40 pounds heavier.ñ, and Severn who was at least 50 pounds heavier, let alone stronger

Last edited:
Back