Brian Stann retired

Twc

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It's crazy how Brian Stann just retired from color commentary for the UFC. He was arguably the best they had and personally my favorite.

It is crazy how much he has accomplished in his life and he is only 36. He makes me feel like a loser. He played D1 football, served in the Marines becoming a captain there and won a silver star, was a MMA fighter who won a championship in WEC, wrote a book, became a color commentator for UFC and college football, and now he is the COO of a company and attending MBA school. The man sure is ambitious.

I wonder why he is leaving the job, maybe WME is trying to cut costs and wants to cut him or maybe color commentators get paid a lot less than we think? Let's speculate!

stann1.jpg I've been a fan for along time. Like yourself ts, I enjoyed him as a commentator. Well wishes on his new journey in life.

brian stanns gone? i leave the forum two fkn days and the entire mma landscape changes.

I thought he was pretty good too

The ufc is a sinking ship though
Expect more to go

Dana White himself will be gone soon

He wasn't the best imo, but certainly the most american looking.

His UFC color commentary career was like his UFC fighting career - short, good, and violent. And handsome.

And American.

Stann would always say things like "he tries to knock you out" as opposed to "he tries to knock his opponent out" - it was irritating

I enjoyed him as commentator, that's a shame. But good for him moving on to a new chapter and keep gaining knowledge, props

Where is Kenny Florian at? Does he not do commentary any more?

Stann would always say things like "he tries to knock you out" as opposed to "he tries to knock his opponent out" - it was irritating
Not uncommon - Larry Merchant during a Miguel Cotto fight " he doesn't just beat you, he beats you up!"

The UFC had a bit character a few years ago, yes it was qwerky and sometimes corny the commentating, but it sounded way better than the Anik style statistic voice, the UFC is slowly heading that direction I think with robotic commentary.

Snoop Dogg is going to be his replacement because fuck this sports.

<GinJuice>

I have no reason not to believe Stan, he just wanted off the road, I get it. It's that simple.

Looks like were gonna be seeing a lot more Todd Grisham

kid-crying-interview.gif

I don't think it's about money, I think he just doesn't find it satisfying or he might have something more interesting in the horizon.

Based on his life thus far, he seems like the kind of guy who's always looking for that next challenge or goal. While he clearly enjoyed commentating as long as it lasted, it probably isn't his passion in life and it took up a lot of his time with travelling, background research, etc.

I mostly enjoyed his commentary barring some slightly annoying habits. He really did his research and I especially liked the way he informed viewers what the fighters should or want to do in each situation.
I think I'll come to miss him.

Back