Brian Stann retired

He is a genetic freak, the perfect version of what an american male should be.

He was my least favorite announcer (out of the new breed) to be honest and was pretty horrific at interviewing people in the Octagon.

Stann was a boring commentator. I enjoy Grisham more he's dumb but entertaining

Always liked Brian

He might be a little too squeaky clean, but a good guy and a good commentator imo

Like TS said, he's accomplished so much at only one year older than me, he's lived an incredible life

If only he'd have started MMA at an earlier age, his fight with Wanderlei Silva was one of my favorites of that year

All the best to the guy. He's served our country with honor and is an extremely humble dude. Good luck

I watched Barboza vs Ferguson yesterday and heard Brian Stann scream at the top of the lungs "I LOVE THIS JOB!!!".

That makes me even more sad that he is gone, now. He is a great dude and genuinely loves MMA and knows lots about it, obviously.

It's crazy how Brian Stann just retired from color commentary for the UFC. He was arguably the best they had and personally my favorite.

It is crazy how much he has accomplished in his life and he is only 36. He makes me feel like a loser. He played D1 football, served in the Marines becoming a captain there and won a silver star, was a MMA fighter who won a championship in WEC, wrote a book, became a color commentator for UFC and college football, and now he is the COO of a company and attending MBA school. The man sure is ambitious.

I wonder why he is leaving the job, maybe WME is trying to cut costs and wants to cut him or maybe color commentators get paid a lot less than we think? Let's speculate!
He also held down a full time position as a C-level executive for a private company while fighting full time and chaired his own nonprofit hire Heroes.

Damn that sucks, he was by far the best they had outside of Rogan and Goldie. Blows Cruz and Florian out of the water.

The publicity he was receiving from the UFC is worth more than the MBA.
Not in this case. He is going to Kellogg school of Business which has one of the premier MBA programs in the country. They only enroll 500ish a year and have high selection criteria. There are levels to MBA programs just like fighting and Kellogg is up there. Forbes ranks them number 3 in the world. There is WAYYYYYYYYYYY more money to be made as an c-level executive in a big company than fighting.

Not in this case. He is going to Kellogg school of Business which has one of the premier MBA programs in the country. They only enroll 500ish a year and have high selection criteria. There are levels to MBA programs just like fighting and Kellogg is up there. Forbes ranks them number 3 in the world. There is WAYYYYYYYYYYY more money to be made as an c-level executive in a big company than fighting.

I'm familiar with a top 20 MBA program; I think one of the first things that he will be taught is don't give up massive publicity where you are being paid. He will never build that type of name recognition again.

Back