International Brexit latest just in: EU refuses further renegotiation

So basically if reality were different, brexit would be a good idea?

It is not necessarily a good idea but it was the only realistic option at the table. The EU had been over-taken by Germans to suit their geo-political/economic objectives. "Britain first" was never going to be a part of the equation. They were essentially ousted.

History is going to acknowledge this fact, the present never will, as the truth is too painful and inconvenient to admit.

Brits lost a power struggle within the EU, and that's about all there is to it.

Well the EU sees the lefties of GB seeming to want to subvert the elected results of brexit, so why not keep making things difficult to make a second referendum more likely? Of course they want to maintain power.

It is not necessarily a good idea but it was the only realistic option at the table. The EU had been over-taken by Germans to suit their geo-political/economic objectives. "Britain first" was never going to be a part of the equation. They were essentially ousted.

History is going to acknowledge this fact, the present never will, as the truth is too painful and inconvenient to admit.

Brits lost a power struggle within the EU, and that's about all there is to it.

It's really not Germany's fault that they were the only ones smart enough to keep manufacturing goods to sell to the world, resulting in them having the most money. Hard to blame for that.

Well the EU sees the lefties of GB seeming to want to subvert the elected results of brexit, so why not keep making things difficult to make a second referendum more likely? Of course they want to maintain power.
I honestly thought the EU would have been much tougher on the UK. Discourage anyone else from trying the same.

It's really not Germany's fault that they were the only ones smart enough to keep manufacturing goods to sell to the world, resulting in them having the most money. Hard to blame for that.

I don't blame Germans for being good at what they do, indeed they should receive their just rewards for it, provided that they are received without acts of violence. But I can also acknowledge that a country with as prestigious a history as Britain, cannot act subservient to the Germans. They must be equal in worth, or they must learn to survive on their own.

The Brits chose to walk on their own, rather than be held upright. But it's going to be a difficult process with all of the worthless bureaucrats running the state, having become accustomed to no longer having to carry responsibility.

You'll have to purge the government of them, and see where it will take them. I wish them nothing but the best, and shame upon anyone who wishes to see them fail, out of bitterness.

Back