BREXIT Discussion, v4.0: The Back-Pedaling

Hahahaha!
I assume you've only been following the brexit since after it happened? Like most people opposed to it.

No, been following from the start.

Said poll was of those whom voted leave.

No, been following from the start.

Said poll was of those whom voted leave.

Of course, of course...

And if we've learned nothing else from the brexit, we've learned that polls are terrifically reliable, haven't we?

Of course, of course...

And if we've learned nothing else from the brexit, we've learned that polls are terrifically reliable, haven't we?

That poll he's talking about was from directly after the result and the resulting drop in the pound and David Cameron resigning. One done in September showed that most are happy with the plan set out for leaving the EU.

Though, I wouldn't trust polls at all, to be honest.

Of course, of course...

Yes, some indicative evidence was wrong, therefore all is.

Congratulations on your educational achievement.

Yes, some indicative evidence was wrong, therefore all is.

Congratulations on your educational achievement.

Maybe English isn't your first language? Or you're just lashing out because you feel stupid?

Anyway, let me help you out: I didn't say all polls are wrong just because some were. I implied that polls are not necessarily accurate, especially in light of the fact that that was recently, very visibly proven.
Unless the polls you're citing as evidence (I use the term loosely, since you've not even provided a link) are supported by other evidence, I'm not sure why anyone who's followed the brexit would think to pull them out of his ass as if they're going to convince anyone of anything.

You posted pointlessness, and I laughed at it. Get over yourself, Chuckles.

Maybe English isn't your first language? Or you're just lashing out because you feel stupid?

Anyway, let me help you out: I didn't say all polls are wrong just because some were. I implied that polls are not necessarily accurate, especially in light of the fact that that was recently, very visibly proven.
Unless the polls you're citing as evidence (I use the term loosely, since you've not even provided a link) are supported by other evidence, I'm not sure why anyone who's followed the brexit would think to pull them out of his ass as if they're going to convince anyone of anything.

You posted pointlessness, and I laughed at it. Get over yourself, Chuckles.
jimmies-rustle.jpg

Where are all the posters who swore up and down after the vote that UK would be able to negotiate a deal where they still get the benefits of being part of the EEC, but don't have to abide by the free movement of labor and such?

Where are all the posters who swore up and down after the vote that UK would be able to negotiate a deal where they still get the benefits of being part of the EEC, but don't have to abide by the free movement of labor and such?

There were only a handful of those dodos, and they actually came in here when Boris Johnson's lies came crashing down, just to accuse me of being an anti-British "Liberal from California" for having the audacity to update our Brexit mega-thread with the latest Brexit headlines regularly.

Grab your popcorn and take a look at the entertaintment right here, I actually got to sit back and enjoy the show when @Rod1 couldn't stand the back-pedalling anymore and decided to call them out on their bullshit:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...council-president-donald-tusk.3275779/page-12

Last edited:
There were only a handful of those dodos, and they actually came in here when Boris Johnson's lies came crashing down, just to accuse me of being an anti-British "Liberal from California" for having the audacity to update our Brexit mega-thread with the latest Brexit headlines regularly.

Grab your popcorn and take a look at the entertaintment right here, I actually got to sit back and enjoy the show when @Rod1 couldn't stand the back-pedalling anymore and decided to call them out on their bullshit:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/b...council-president-donald-tusk.3275779/page-12
Whatever else may be said of the Leave campaign and those who voted for it, they massively overestimated their leverage compared to the EU.

Whatever else may be said of the Leave campaign and those who voted for it, they massively overestimated their leverage compared to the EU.

Personally, I think there's actually a series of missteps.

1) Cameron promised British voters a referendum on Brexit, thinking that while it would not pass, the result could then be use to strengthen the British hand with more leverage in future negotiation with Brussels. This is similar to the Greek's decision to hold a popular vote on bail-out. He was mistaken.

2) Boris Johnson threw himself into the mix and became the face of the Leave camp, with grand claims of "having the cake and eat it too" based on nothing but hot air, thinking he could replace Cameron as the PM of the United Kingdom (still inside the E.U, but with more leverage) when the dusts settled. He was also mistaken.

3) Voters head to the poll, armed with misinformation that implies their government must already have all the plans in place, embolden and overconfident by the E.U's plead that they don't leave. They, too, were mistaken.

And thus the jubilant celebratory wine quickly turned into vinegar, when the situation became abundantly clear on who is dictating the Brexit terms the moment that referendum is passed.

Last edited:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mps-could-block-brexit-deal-no-10-admits-a7368561.html

May, like Merkel waits for the wind to change before she makes her decisions. She softens her position gradually before changing stance. The lady ain't for u turns but she'll avoid an iceberg that's for sure.

I have thought all along that the political elite would wait for the shit to hit the fan so enough people believed brexit was a bad idea before agreeing to stay in EU.

A shit show of weak political leadership resulting in us all getting poorer due to bigots and the ill informed.

Britain to trigger Brexit process on March 29, government says

Prime Minister Theresa May will trigger Article 50 on Wednesday 29 March, starting the process of the UK leaving the EU.

EU CITIZENS IN UK ANXIOUSLY SEEK SECURITY BEFORE BREXIT

The move paves the way for two years of negotiations with the EU, meaning that the country will leave the bloc in March 2019.

It comes nine months after the country voted to leave in the June referendum.

UK POLICE SIMULATE THAMES HIJACKING IN ANTI-TERROR EXERCISE

Britain's envoy to Brussels, Sir Tim Barrow, "has informed the EU this morning that Britain will trigger Article 50 on March 29," the government said.

Brexit Secretary David Davis said: "Last June, the people of the UK made the historic decision to leave the EU.

"Next Wednesday, the Government will deliver on that decision and formally start the process by triggering Article 50.

Polls also showed the Scots would choose Independence. They didn't.
yeah, on the week of the vote.... which led to the unionists panicking and promising more powers we are yet to recieve(and wont ever recieve)

that swayed the vote

Back