*Breaking News* Khabib Nurmagomedov says, "I'm not sure if i will ever come back."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not fucking understand the "good riddance" comments.

Do you guys not like having great fighters? Makes no sense from a fight fan

I don't find his fights enjoyable. He just grabs onto you, takes you down, lets you up but still hangs on, then does it again. He's another jon fitch. I respect his ability to win fights, but I'll be happy if he doesn't ruin lw contender or title fights for me. Think whatever you want of that.

I also suspect part of his appeal to fans is that he's russian. People just love the idea of him being a crazy russian who wrestles bears, yada yada....so yea his fans rub me the wrong way too.

I appreciate Khabib's skills but I never want to see this dude as the champ. We've had enough scheduled title fights go to shit because of injuries with the likes of Aldo, Pettis, Cain, and Cruz over the last few years.

We could lose one of the greatest lightweight ever and you're happy... just gtfo.
Dude, Khabib has ONE (1) elite win. We literally don't even know whether or not he can fight the way he used to since he hasn't even FOUGHT since April 2014. What the fuck are you talking about?

Point being, if you honestly rank Khabib as one of the lightweight GOATs on the strength of one win, then I really don't know what to say.

I don't find his fights enjoyable. He just grabs onto you, takes you down, lets you up but still hangs on, then does it again. He's another jon fitch. I respect his ability to win fights, but I'll be happy if he doesn't ruin lw contender or title fights for me. Think whatever you want of that.

I also suspect part of his appeal to fans is that he's russian. People just love the idea of him being a crazy russian who wrestles bears, yada yada....so yea his fans rub me the wrong way too.
I have to admit, I prefere 10 times Russian fighters fighting bears than overrated Texan wrestlers.

He woulda held the belt for a long long time.....

I agree. He would've won it and then kept it a long time because he never fights. Champion from the hospital bed...

I do think that Khabib is the best LW, so that sucks for him, I suppose.

I'd be ok with that. Who really wants him as the champ anyways? He's going to tie up the division with 2 fights in the next 5 years anyways if he becomes champ and do a Cain. That's even more frustrating.

Translation: cant compete in the ufc any longer with new Stricter testing

Translation: cant compete in the ufc any longer with new Stricter testing

I suspect everyone, especially the top guys but he looks far less suspicious than most fighters, but Anderson proved that the eyeball test is very, very limited. People having wildly different body types makes it damn near impossible to tell unless you look like the hulk.

That out of the way, why would anyone actually find it funny that he keeps getting injured? I'm not familiar enough with the guy to be a fan or a detractor but I have seen a few of his fights, including his win over RDA: a good, recent version of RDA at that. The guy is good and I really hope he gets healthy, stops training for a while and comes back.

It won't be any different. He's injured so often it's as if he's already retired.

Not bothered. Just another wrestler that lays and prays. Very boring. Also talks too much. What an arrogant big mouth.

Eh, don't really care. Oh no, might not get to watch him lay on a dude once every two years. Lol at not being a real mma fan if you don't care if one lnp guy retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back