Brazil has the worst crowds in MMA

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
A slight lull in the action? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter pressing or trying to maintain position for more than 1-2 seconds? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter wins? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter expressing appreciation for Brazilian fans and/or opponent? Boo/radio silence

Yeah, it's rough. I didn't even realize that last night's event was in Brazil until I saw a foreigner win and the boos rained down.

I asked my Brazilian friend about this and she said that they just find it funny that their booing pisses so many people off, so they do it and they don't care about gringo's feelings....It is just a fun part of sport for them.

A slight lull in the action? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter pressing or trying to maintain position for more than 1-2 seconds? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter wins? Boo!!!

Foreign fighter expressing appreciation for Brazilian fans and/or opponent? Boo/radio silence
If they want to win the crowd they should use Rush YYZ for walkout

It's the land of vale tudo, not really surprised.

I asked my Brazilian friend about this and she said that they just find it funny that their booing pisses so many people off, so they do it and they don't care about gringo's feelings....It is just a fun part of sport for them.
True, I did not see the Sao Paulo crowd as a bad crowd. No one jumped at the fighters trying to start a brawl, or did anything else than cheer or boo, and that is something what happens everywhere.

Pretty sure Anik said he got pelted with a hamburger in Oz when Islam got announced winner in Sydney ... also multiple "Islam's a wanker" chants. Can't say those cromags are much better really

America has the worst crowds. It’s filled with most gluttonous and gross people in the world. They have no knowledge of MMA and openly disrespect the athletes while filling their stomachs with whatever alcohol or high-cholesterol food they can get a hold of.

"I dont like the PI, i need a live crowd"...."I also hate foreign that only cheer for the local crowds"

Sherdog for ya.

It is my belief that the fan group of Brazil should been allow to feel which ever way they was having been feel. The human condition was quite #Complex

Brazil, Mexico and Michigan seem to be the worst

Back