Boxing Is Not Easier Than MMA (Luke Thomas point)

Yes boxing is easier. Much less to learn.

If you had to fight professional fighters of all combat sports on the street would you rather be good at mma or boxing? Thats all there is to it.

Not all boxing and MMA fighters are limited to their own style. Lomachenko for example is an other-worldly boxer and a child phenom grappler

Crawford is another example. He can wrestle.

I found both easy, UFC was easier than boxing, but I excelled in both. What I found was the guys I knocked out cold in boxing took lasted longer than the guys I knocked out cold in UFC. For example I would knock elite boxers out cold in later rounds in boxing, but in UFC I knocked them out in 1st round. As I said both sports were very easy for me, but boxing they could take my shots a little better..............................................................

.............................................................................................................................................. on EA Sports UFC 2 and Fight Night Champion on Playstation.

- Just because in MMA there is a bigger array of offensive options doesnt make it instantly harder
- Basically saying other sports with less variables are addiction by subtraction(i.e in BJJ there is no striking but you have to worry about de la riva and 50/50 guards, berimbolos, etc... many things that dont even exist in mma)
- thats why you dont see someone from MMA just walk into the mundials and win or go compete in olympic wrestling

Agree? Discuss

Difficulty is going to be in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone is different and will learn and adapt differently. However, the consensus is most definitely MMA is more difficult because it employs multiple martial arts.

To master it one truly has to go beyond the boundaries of what a human-being is capable of, thus no one has truly mastered it, while the same can't be said about boxing.

Depends what you think is "sucess". If it means becoming a champion, then MMA is harder. Boxing has like 16 weight classes and 4 big champions by division, that's 60+ people (considering some of them have 2 belts at least) being a champion. MMA has 8 weight classes and we pretty much don't give credit for champions outside UFC right now, so you have only 8 major champions.

He made a post several years ago that if Chael beat Shogun he would leave sherdog. He bitched out and welched.
what a coward

na boxing is inferior sport and lame.

1 dimmesional cardio running bullshit.

it only so popular because so many mexicanos and central americans not know the talent that exist in kickboxing. kickboxing 100x better. mma is 200x better

the whole statement is pretty damn ignorant, makes sense it would be posted here- that's all

Don't try to defend yourself dude. Just admit (to yourself) you acted like an idiot and move on.

It's just the internet. Nothing important, especially when you can act online in ways you never would have the courage to do face-to-face ;)

O shit I read your comment wrong

I thought you meant what background you would rather have against a normie.

No problem. Even then an mma fighter would murder a normie

A guy who never boxed in his life on a pro lever fought the best in the world, and took him 10 rounds, and won rounds. And stop with all the excuses. He's 40, retired, carried. Matt Serra Serra is 43, and hasn't fought in 7 years. Let's see Lomachanko come in and go 10 rounds and win 3 of them. He won't last a minute.

What happened when Michael Page , an MMA fighter decided to go to boxing.

And what happened when pro boxer, Heather Hardy, undefeated champion came to MMA?
giphy.gif

She lost her nose.

715x402_374247_20171021194822.jpg

DMoOU7QWAAE2jbX.jpg

Her opponent, a ta kwondo champion, never took her down once. She stood and banged. Kept her distance from the punches and just kicked the shit out of her. That's all you have to do to a pro boxer. They can't do shit without boxing rules against any martial artist, or wrestler.

And whoever tries to bring up Holly Holm she was a kickboxer before she was a boxer. 6 amateur fights, undefeated, and 3 pro fights, 2-1. And her trainer was the same guy, her whole career. An MMA guy, and pro kick boxer. Never a boxer.

I kinda agree with you on the first part of your comment.

But a kicker martial artist against a good boxer doesn't necessarily has such an edge. I've dedicated a lot of my time to Tae Kwon Do....it's not the most useful martial art out there. I don't think the Hardy case is representative of a kicking martial arts versus a boxer....

Boxing is light years away from fighting.

The idea though, is that effectiveness doesn't correlate perfectly with difficulty in terms of mastering the material.

For example, it's much harder to master MMA or boxing than being decently proficient with a firearm, yet in a fair amount of situations, the guy with the gun is going to be more effective than the martial artist.

In MMA there's very little room for error. These openings allow for fighters to rise and fall very quickly in the ranks.

Boxing compared to MMA is like swimming with a hand tied behind your back. Yeah it's harder, but why the fuck are you arbitrarily restricting yourself like that?

Only scrubs and casuals and neckbeards ever thought boxing was "easier."

Which, come to think of it, is most posters in the Heavies.

I don't really see why there has to be a difference here or why the argument. ..

within the rules confined to boxing it is an extremely hard sport..everyone is limited to the same set of skills, jab,straight, hook,uppercut..and your defensive blocks head movement and limited to the same rules for fouls this makes it incredibly hard to land shots against elite fighters and makes boxing matches at the top level more about setting traps and game plans then what weapons one has to use..

With MMA it's the opposite but equally as hard...the options and ways to lose in MMA fight is infinitely more then boxing, you could be out wrestled and never take any big shots or damage but you lose convincingly..or you could have your head kicked off like ronda rousey..the options and levels of expertise or lack of expertise in multiple martial arts makes MMA incredibly hard..you could be a phenomenal boxer and keep the fight standing for 14 mins of a 15 min match (3* 5 min rounds) and get taken down and submitted in the last round in the last minute and all that boxing skill was for nothing..

There equally challenging in there own right just appreciate them for what they are.. STOP hating

Back