Boxing Discussion VI

Thats what i ment yeh. I don't see him getting knocked out here. I was wondering if there was a 3 knockdown rule, but if not I'd be surprised by a straight KO. Ref could jump in though, but i feel they often let the fights go in Asia generally, little regard for fighter safety.

Quite possibly the worst line related to gambling I have ever heard. Past performances infact are often very indicitive of future results. Thus why statistics are such a useful tool @gambling.

to my knowledge the 29 year old pablo caesar cano had been kd only once in his career, which i was unable to see as thereis no video so couldve been a slip, flash kd, what-have-you, and was pretty much kod cold last friday.

quite possibly the worst thing i have ever heard is someone insinuating that ndam cant be kod because both quillen and lemuiex could not.

both cano and ndam have been in a lot of wars and a ko against both fighters could very well happen

to my knowledge the 29 year old pablo caesar cano had been kd only once in his career, which i was unable to see as thereis no video so couldve been a slip, flash kd, what-have-you, and was pretty much kod cold last friday.

quite possibly the worst thing i have ever heard is someone insinuating that ndam cant be kod because both quillen and lemuiex could not.

both cano and ndam have been in a lot of wars and a ko against both fighters could very well happen

No one ever said that. Is it less likely when he's been facing way bigger punchers consistently throughout his career? Yeah. Past performances are often very indicitive of future results.

Anyone looking at Rosado vs Tapia? Both been looking fairly ragged lately, but Tapia is still young and Rosado cuts very easily, thoughts?

May buy out of the N'Dam bet after all.
I like Caterall @ 1.57 , Warrington UD @ 2.00 , Gassiev by dec @ 3.74 and very small Joe Joyce dec @ 4.50

ceylan was badly cut on his left eyebrow in his last fight but could be a live +575 dog with live betting even though the uk judges will be against him. imo, warrington is not very good and gassed against kiko and martinez fought through a headbut cut from the eighth round on

Maybe some Culcay +250? ... fight's in Germany and Sulecki is not better by A LOT..
@JimGunn @CR0W What are your views on the long weekend ahead of us?

Maybe some Culcay +250? ... fight's in Germany and Sulecki is not better by A LOT..
@JimGunn @CR0W What are your views on the long weekend ahead of us?

Solid test for Sulecki but I think he gets a late stoppage.

Hopefully have some of my thoughts/picks up tomorrow or Saturday morning for Saturday's boxing

Burnett 7-12 or DEC will be my main play for sure.

Not sure how but catterall is 1.53 to beat nurse!?
My biggest boxing bet this weekend is a double on catteral and Burnett 7-12 or dec like crow at 2.2

So far I'm 1u on Zhanat Zhakiyanov at +270 over Ryan Burnett. Also about 3.2u to win 2u on Jack Catterall with a three-way line at -161 vs Tyrone Nurse and some on the draw at +2000. Catterall's moneyline price is much worse now.

Also just made a small play on the under 8½ at +175 for flawed fighters Gabriel Rosado vs Glen Tapia tonight on ESPN2, .75u to win about 1.31 u

All depends how early he can suss out Nurse's style, if he can do it relatively early I think he takes a wide UD.

If it's pretty even around 4 or 5 I think it could be close but I'd still go with Catterall.

So far I'm 1u on Zhanat Zhakiyanov at +270 over Ryan Burnett. Also about 3.2u to win 2u on Jack Catterall with a three-way line at -161 vs Tyrone Nurse and some on the draw at +2000. Catterall's moneyline price is much worse now.

Also just made a small play on the under 8½ at +175 for flawed fighters Gabriel Rosado vs Glen Tapia tonight on ESPN2, .75u to win about 1.31 u

i played the under as well at +200 and hedged rosado rounds 9 and 10

quigley broke his hand(surgery) in iirc the 4th round of the tapia fight and glen was badly hurt on one or two occasions, beforehand. very well couldve been three stoppages in a row. also, rosado talking about he has to support his kids and getting robbed in his fight with murray, i think he goes full ten rounds going for the stoppage

edit broken hand happened in the second round

Last edited:
Was Joyce a big puncher in the amateurs? I like the price on his decision line but he looks a lot bigger than Lewinson.

May play a little on Michael Page DEC line @ 8.00.

He's fighting a complete bum so he likely finishes it quick but it's his boxing debut and only 4 rounds. He could opt to get some rounds in + he's not a one punch concussive puncher in MMA, paired with his style and background it'll be interesting to see how he boxes.

Worth a small stab at that price purely because we have no idea if he will carry much power in a pure boxing match.

Willy Hutchinson by dec @ 7 as well, maybe? Haven't followed his amateur style...

Bets for tonight's card...

Joyce vs Lewison - Under 5.5 rounds @ 2.62 - Medium/Big

Willy Hutchinson - Round 2 @ 3.50 - Medium

Michael Page - DEC @ 8.00 - Small

Last edited:
Anybody got insight on the UK card tonight? Only one fight looks bettable, O'Donnell vs mucha, boxrec capping looks like O'don is the pick at the prices.

Probably going to have a sprinkle...

Back