Boxing Discussion VI

-120 Eubank vs Groves? Yes please.

Groves is all right hand these days, and has been looking fairly stiff and ragged. Still SOLID power in that right hand, but Eubanks inside game and general vigor should be too much at this point
Groves often looks flustered in there when he gets hit by hard shots. Those Froch fights took a lot out of him.
Jesus that’s lumpable.... Eubanks all day!

Lots of cards this week. Any thoughts on Gabriel Rosado vs Glen Tapia Thursday on ESPN2? Or the two UK cards on Saturday afternoon featuring Ryan Burnett vs Zhanat Zhakiyanov and Tyrone Nurse vs Jack Catterall? Also another WBSS CW quarter-final with Murat Gassiev vs Kryszstof Wlodarczyk Saturday evening as well as an HBO card Jezreel Corrales vs Alberto Machado. There's even an early morning ESPN2 card on Sunday from Japan with the Hassan N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata re-match.

I'm awfully tempted to bet Zhanat Zhakiyanov again. He came off the floor in round 1 to win the WBA World Bantamweight title and win me money as a +330 underdog vs Rau'shee Warren in his most recent fight and he's +275 to +290 now against Ryan Burnett who has mostly fought UK boxers.

Last edited:
Lots of cards this week. Any thoughts on Gabriel Rosado vs Glen Tapia Thursday on ESPN2? Or the two UK cards on Saturday afternoon featuring Ryan Burnett vs Zhanat Zhakiyanov and Tyrone Nurse vs Jack Catterall? Also another WBSS CW quarter-final with Murat Gassiev vs Kryszstof Wlodarczyk Saturday evening as well as an HBO card Jezreel Corrales vs Alberto Machado. There's even an early morning ESPN2 card on Sunday from Japan with the Hassan N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata re-match.

I'm awfully tempted to bet Zhanat Zhakiyanov again. He came off the floor in round 1 to win the WBA Super Bantanweight title and win me money as a +330 underdog vs Rau'shee Warren in his most recent fight and he's +275 to +290 now against Ryan Burnett who has mostly fought UK boxers.
Catterall is like 4/9 which isn’t great but my mate that’s like mad about boxing n decent better said it’s a fuckin lump job

Catterall is like 4/9 which isn’t great but my mate that’s like mad about boxing n decent better said it’s a fuckin lump job
So...in American English that means what, lol? That your friend thinks that Catterall is sure to win?

So...in American English that means what, lol? That your friend thinks that Catterall is sure to win?
Sounds that way but my Swahili to English translations aren't a strong suit...

Fuckin hate it when boxing cards clash with UFC. I like Catterall over Nurse. Nurse is one of those happy to jab on the back foot type fighters.

Also, I thought Hearn said there was no more boxing cards clashing? So annoying.

Last edited:
Lol yeah, he’s followed catteral for a while. When he says something’s a lump it wins.

Still waiting for the the lines I want to be released for Burnett vs Zhakiyanov but all I'll say is Burnett wins this decisively, hopefully the line I want is up soon.

Still waiting for the the lines I want to be released for Burnett vs Zhakiyanov but all I'll say is Burnett wins this decisively, hopefully the line I want is up soon.

-110 at 365, tailing for .5u

Hmm..Burnett was getting tore up by Haskins of all people, why the confidence?

Joe Joyce 7/2 +350 points against Ian Lewison. It's 10 rounds. What do we think about Joyce's power? Lewison is a big lump, only stopped once when retiring on his stool after 10 rounds against Dillian Whyte, which I believe was a relatively short notice fight.

Joe Joyce 7/2 +350 points against Ian Lewison. It's 10 rounds. What do we think about Joyce's power? Lewison is a big lump, only stopped once when retiring on his stool after 10 rounds against Dillian Whyte, which I believe was a relatively short notice fight.

I had way too much on that Whyte dec line. Think it was stopped due to his nose is that right? Don't think Whyte actually got rid of him did he (memory could be off). But yeah any intel on Joyce power?

a 10 round fight in joyces pro debut. i think hell pace himself

ians appears to be in shape, better than in the whyte fight

im going to wait for decision line after the weighs as i think the odds are going to go up. joyce has a signifigant size advantage.

DKLZPDwWAAExJQ3.jpg

Eubank-Groves to me is a live bet fight. I would expect Groves to be sharper the first 4 or 5 rounds, then Eubank to take over when Groves tires.

Eubank-Groves to me is a live bet fight. I would expect Groves to be sharper the first 4 or 5 rounds, then Eubank to take over when Groves tires.

hmm its been the other way around in Groves last few fights.. he was getting beat up a bit early vs Cox and Chudinov then came back and got the KO's

Cox came out at an unsustainable pace so that fight is a bit unusual. My memory of the Chudinov fight is that it was competitive before the KO, but I think Groves would have been up on the scorecards.

Back