Boxing Discussion VI

Hmm..Burnett was getting tore up by Haskins of all people, why the confidence?

Zhaki has decent pressure but he moves in straight lines and Burnett has far superior footwork.

He also has more dig in his punches that people think. The sparring stories between the 2 when Burnett was only 19 certainly sound like even back then Burnett was bettering him. I don't put a whole lot of weight into sparring tales but from what I've read from Burnett and a few others I truly believe he outclasses him here. Providing he is wary about the inside game and is carful about head clashes I think he wins a clear decision or even a late stoppage and looks progressively better every time.

Sure many will disagree but that will be my bet.

Pulev out v Joshua for whoever missed it. Takam comes in

Takam now serves as AJ mandatory so doesn't need to face Pulev afterwards.

2.4u Hassan N'Dam @ 4.90...
Will look into more tomorrow.

The first fight was very controversial regarding the decision. I remember a lot of guys won here on N'Dam and were astonished by the scorecards, hehe.
However, N'Dam @ 4.90 has a lot of value. He was +200 on the first fight, so it does not make a lot of sense to have increased odds now. Even with the controversy, they were pretty much tied in that fight...A pick'em would be closer to reality. :)

The first fight was very controversial regarding the decision. I remember a lot of guys won here on N'Dam and were astonished by the scorecards, hehe.
However, N'Dam @ 4.90 has a lot of value. He was +200 on the first fight, so it does not make a lot of sense to have increased odds now. Even with the controversy, they were pretty much tied in that fight...A pick'em would be closer to reality. :)
Thank you bud, will be all over it :)

Oh yeah, from what I’m reading online it was a big robbery aha but even so, at them odds worth a stab :)

for anyone thinking about betting ndam he flew into japan last night

Pulev out v Joshua for whoever missed it. Takam comes in

Takam now serves as AJ mandatory so doesn't need to face Pulev afterwards.
But Takam is not short notice. Hurn said that they had an agreement with Takam to train for this event if someone pulls over. So, he must be well prepared for this one.

I won a decent amount on N'Dam last time, in my opinion he lost every round after the 1st round, maybe clinched 1 more. I turned it off before the decision it was so obvious to me.

Seen the result about 30 mins later and was utterly shocked, one of the worst robberies I've ever seen. Wouldn't even touch N'Dam at his current price, he had basically nothing for Muratan first time and I'm sure he'll have to win rounds clearly to get a decision here again.

Will play Murata (T)KO if I get the market if not I'll just pass.

I won a decent amount on N'Dam last time, in my opinion he lost every round after the 1st round, maybe clinched 1 more. I turned it off before the decision it was so obvious to me.

Seen the result about 30 mins later and was utterly shocked, one of the worst robberies I've ever seen. Wouldn't even touch N'Dam at his current price, he had basically nothing for Muratan first time and I'm sure he'll have to win rounds clearly to get a decision here again.

Will play Murata (T)KO if I get the market if not I'll just pass.
Thanks bud, was thinking bout the tko myself after little bit of tape study. Not even stabbing ndam anymore after what I seen.

Thanks bud, was thinking bout the tko myself after little bit of tape study. Not even stabbing ndam anymore after what I seen.

Yeah, N'Dam is durable but there were 2 or 3 more knockdowns in the Murata fight that weren't actually scored as knockdowns.

I think Murata will definitely be looking for the finish and manage to break him down this time.

Yeah, N'Dam is durable but there were 2 or 3 more knockdowns in the Murata fight that weren't actually scored as knockdowns.

I think Murata will definitely be looking for the finish and manage to break him down this time.

N'dam is impossible to knock out man.. Check out the Lemiux fight

Is there knockdown rules here? 3x in a round and over, or up to the ref? Asian refs often pretty bloodthirsty.

Last edited:
N'dam is impossible to knock down man.. Check out the Lemiux fight

Is there knockdown rules here? 3x in a round and over, or up to the ref? Asian refs often pretty bloodthirsty.

N'Dam was knockdown down 4 times by Lemieux and 6 times by Quillin, unless you meant knock out?

As I said earlier he's definitely shown resiliency but he can't keep that up for too long taking big shots; it could very well be the case the referee stops it if he goes down a few times here. No 3 knockdown rule as it's a WBA title fight but he was visibly very tired towards the end of the last fight and if the odds are 3.00 + or more for Murata TKO I'd consider it good value.

Lots of cards this week. Any thoughts on Gabriel Rosado vs Glen Tapia Thursday on ESPN2? Or the two UK cards on Saturday afternoon featuring Ryan Burnett vs Zhanat Zhakiyanov and Tyrone Nurse vs Jack Catterall? Also another WBSS CW quarter-final with Murat Gassiev vs Kryszstof Wlodarczyk Saturday evening as well as an HBO card Jezreel Corrales vs Alberto Machado. There's even an early morning ESPN2 card on Sunday from Japan with the Hassan N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata re-match.

I'm awfully tempted to bet Zhanat Zhakiyanov again. He came off the floor in round 1 to win the WBA World Bantamweight title and win me money as a +330 underdog vs Rau'shee Warren in his most recent fight and he's +275 to +290 now against Ryan Burnett who has mostly fought UK boxers.

perhaps its better to live bet zhanat

http://www.boxingscene.com/ricky-hatton-confident-zhakiyanov-shock-burnett--121516

N'Dam was knockdown down 4 times by Lemieux and 6 times by Quillin, unless you meant knock out?

As I said earlier he's definitely shown resiliency but he can't keep that up for too long taking big shots; it could very well be the case the referee stops it if he goes down a few times here. No 3 knockdown rule as it's a WBA title fight but he was visibly very tired towards the end of the last fight and if the odds are 3.00 + or more for Murata TKO I'd consider it good value.

past performance are not indicative of future results

i generally always bet underdogs or slight favorites and see no value whatsoever on ndam

i generally always bet underdogs or slight favorites and see no value whatsoever on ndam

Exactly, which is why I think N'Dam's past resilience may not hold up here, Murata mixes it up well and if he can get N'Damn within 4 again I think he manages to get him out of there.

If it's 3.00 + for the TKO line I'll play it, if not I'll just pass.

Thats what i ment yeh. I don't see him getting knocked out here. I was wondering if there was a 3 knockdown rule, but if not I'd be surprised by a straight KO. Ref could jump in though, but i feel they often let the fights go in Asia generally, little regard for fighter safety.

Quite possibly the worst line related to gambling I have ever heard. Past performances infact are often very indicitive of future results. Thus why statistics are such a useful tool @gambling.

Back