Boxing Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not been on here much at all recently. Was on holiday and just haven't checked in for a while, was huge on Alvarez DEC and the over in the Chavez fight and a few other smaller bets in the past weekends too. So far for this weekend I'm liking;

Gervonta Davis in rounds 7-12 @3.00 on Skybet

Safer option - Gervonta Davis 7-12 or points @1.80 also with Skybet.

Not seeing any prop odds for Beltran vs Maicelo fight in the UK yet but fancy Beltran to stop him late on, if the TKO/KO line for Beltran is 1.90 or more I'll be all over it.

I might be tempted into a bet on Relikh, talked about him a lot in the build up to Indongo vs Burns, he has a nice pressuring style but Barthelemy is levels ahead technically and can outmatch him on the inside too, especially with his lead hook. May pull the trigger on Relikh closer to the time but as it stands I won't be.

Sorry, not been on here much at all recently. Was on holiday and just haven't checked in for a while, was huge on Alvarez DEC and the over in the Chavez fight and a few other smaller bets in the past weekends too. So far for this weekend I'm liking;

Gervonta Davis in rounds 7-12 @3.00 on Skybet

Safer option - Gervonta Davis 7-12 or points @1.80 also with Skybet.

Not seeing any prop odds for Beltran vs Maicelo fight in the UK yet but fancy Beltran to stop him late on, if the TKO/KO line for Beltran is 1.90 or more I'll be all over it.

I might be tempted into a bet on Relikh, talked about him a lot in the build up to Indongo vs Burns, he has a nice pressuring style but Barthelemy is levels ahead technically and can outmatch him on the inside too, especially with his lead hook. May pull the trigger on Relikh closer to the time but as it stands I won't be.

My man! Did well on Alvarez decision too.

I was looking for a way to back Walsh but it seems like Davis is gonna murk him. Will tail.

I was hoping you would like Maicelo thought his odds looked appealing. Will see how prop odds look.

Any value on dirrells opponent? Looks a big step up in class for him so im not overly keen

i have an action play at +650. andre hasnt fought in a year and has been kd in round two three times in his last two fights. the venezuelian has a lot of early kos so he could win the first part of the fight and give a lb middle opportunity

Nice catch!
Jose hits very hard and Direll's chin is questionable.
Jumping on Uzucategui train with 1u @ 8.00

A little late, but this was last weekend's reckoning below. Martinez made it very competitive and close against Warrington losing a majority draw! Ward had a nice upset vs Dickens too. Small profit on the balance.

Khalid Yafai Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+250) vs Suguru Muranaka ~$27.20 for ~$68.00= ~$68.00
Gamal Yafai Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+125) vs Sean Davis ~$42.50 for ~$53.13= -~$42.50

Kiko Martinez (+1500) vs Josh Warrington $100.00 for $1,500.00= -$100.00
Josh Warrington Points Victory Or Technical Decision (+100) ~$54.40 for ~$54.40= ~$54.40
Thomas Patrick Ward (+170) vs James Dickens ~$85.00 for ~$144.50= ~$144.50
Philip Sutcliffe Jr. (-118) vs Josh Leather ~$110.50 for ~$93.64= -~$110.50
-----
Total Profit= $13.90

Small bet on Diego De la Hoya getting a stoppage on ESPN tonight:

Diego De La Hoya wins inside distance (+232) vs Erik Ruiz $25.00 for $58.00

Walsh by KO over McCullough @ +187 seems like a solid price from boxrec capping.

Hit Walsh by KO @ 2.87 with 1u.

Also hit Navarette 1.5u @ 1.72
Ganigan 1u @ 2.2

had to hit Davis DEC +500 on bf exchange (still avaliable) this line seems kinda nuts

also did a semi hedge playing Walsh +390 and draw +4300 so only way i lose is Davis KO

Last edited:
Small talk on Mario Daser vs Ola Afolabi

Mario Daser is a millionaire who's dream is to become the Cruiserweight champion. He's 12-0, fighting nobodies, nonetheless, and he'll face Ola Afolabi tonight. Afolabi is coming out of retirement, his last fight was 15 months ago, is in bad shape and missed weight by 1.8kg. Daser is bigger than Afolabi.
Daser's promoter also set-up this fight night. Many people say that this fight is "bought" by Daser in order to win it. That would make sense as he's a fuckin' millionaire and Afolabi is there just for the paycheck.

Jumping 1u on Daser @ 6.00

Mario Daser is a millionaire who's dream is to become the Cruiserweight champion. He's 12-0, fighting nobodies, nonetheless, and he'll face Ola Afolabi tonight. Afolabi is coming out of retirement, his last fight was 15 months ago, is in bad shape and missed weight by 1.8kg. Daser is bigger than Afolabi.
Daser's promoter also set-up this fight night. Many people say that this fight is "bought" by Daser in order to win it. That would make sense as he's a fuckin' millionaire and Afolabi is there just for the paycheck.

damn sounds tempting cant find odds for it though on any of my bookies :(

damn sounds tempting cant find odds for it though on any of my bookies :(

either could i.

sometimes these obscure fights in germany and mexico...bookies wont offer lines for obvious reasons

I hope I'm not just convincing myself, but there seems to be something fishy in that fight.
Final list for the weekend, a lot of plays coming ahead :
2.5u Davis by DEC @ 3.70
0.2u Hobbs @ 19
1u Walsh KO @ 2.87
1.5u Navarette @1.72
1u Ganigan @ 2.26
1.5u Daser @ 6
1u Uzcategui @ 8

0.15u Hail Mary Parlay : Daser + Uzcategui + Walsh KO + Davis Dec + Pigford + Rory by Decision + o1.5 Kongo @ 1291

Last edited:

Very interesting. Gonna put £100 on at Paddy.

Definitely worth putting some money down, I've done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back