R1: dunno
R2: Jacobs
R3: dunno
R4: GGG 10-8
R5: Jacobs
R6: Jacobs
R7: Jacobs
R8: GGG, but it was close since Jacobs turned it up during the last minute
R9: GGG. Jacobs had the round until the last 20 seconds or so when the uppercut landed
R10: Jacobs; Jim Lampley said it was a hard to score round, but it was ALL Danny Jacobs, imo.
R11: Jacobs; it was a close round till the last 35 seconds, where Jacobs landed a good uppercut and a few clean punches in a couple flurries. GGG didn't turn it up in the last 30 seconds in this round like he usually does.
R12: tie; too close of a round for me to score for either guy.

I lost focus in Rounds 1 and 3, so I'm not sure who won those.

Jacobs: 6 rounds
GGG: 3 rounds + 1 KD (4)
Not sure who won Rounds 1, 3, and 12.

almost everyone in the boxing forum thought Jacobs won too... damn thought we had that

still won a bit on the fight hitting the DEC line but would have been +10 units if Jacobs won :(

Wasn't o paying 100% close to the fight but thought jacobs luck pretty handilu.

Im so sad... couple chances today to make 1k or so and i missed both.

Gutted, that cost me like $1800 with my Jacobs ML and decision bets. It was close, but I agree with Jacobs, he got screwed to protect the upcoming GGG vs Canelo match.

almost everyone in the boxing forum thought Jacobs won too... damn thought we had that

still won a bit on the fight hitting the DEC line but would have been +10 units if Jacobs won :(
Its prolly cuz we all bet Jacobs lol. Honestly feel GGG won that. I dunno much about boxing tho.

Its prolly cuz we all bet Jacobs lol. Honestly feel GGG won that. I dunno much about boxing tho.
And you call yourself an underdog bettor? Where's the "Dislike" button on this forum?

What a night of boxing! Won almost a thousand bucks alone on the Thai challenger known professionally as Rungvisai upsetting undefeated four weight division champion and pound-for-pound number one boxer Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez. In the main event I thought for sure Daniel Jacobs was going to get the decision in the GGG bout. I thought he outboxed Golovkin soundly, despite the early knockdown that didn't seem to really hurt him, and won at least seven rounds if not eight. Judges cost me another $1800 or so with the Jacobs ML and Jacobs by 12 round decision bets I had at sick odds. It was a close and competitive fight, but I kind of agree with Jacobs in the post-fight interview that GGG got the benefit of the doubt to protect the GGG/Canelo payday. Still, another big weekend as the year of the underdog rolls on!

Weekend Results

Al Rivera (+1050) vs Aik Shakhnazaryan ~$25.00 for ~$262.50= -~$25.00

Alan Higgins/Craig Richards fight goes the distance (+125) ~$50.00 for ~$62.50= ~$62.50
Live-In Play Alan Higgins (+144) vs Craig Richards ~$62.50 for ~$90.00= -~$62.50

Amir Mansour (-115) vs Travis Kauffman $115.00 for $100.00= $100.00

David Grayton (+326) vs Kermit Cintron ~$62.50 for ~$203.75= -~$62.50

Wisaksil Wangek (+1400) vs Roman Gonzalez $25.00 for $350.00= $350.00
Wisaksil Wangek Points Victory or Technical Decision (+2500) vs Roman Gonzalez ~$25.00 for ~$625.00= ~$625.00

Daniel Jacobs (+660) vs Gennady Golovkin $50.00 for $330.00= -$50.00
Daniel Jacobs (+550) vs Gennady Golovkin $50.00 for $275.00= -$50.00
Daniel Jacobs wins by KO/TKO/DQ (+1169) $25.00 for $292.25= -$25.00
Daniel Jacobs wins by 12 round decision (+2650) $50.00 for $1,325.00= -$50.00
Daniel Jacobs/Gennady Golovkin Over 7½ (+135) $50.00 for $67.50= $67.50
Gennady Golovkin wins in round 7-9 (+319) $25.00 for $79.75= -$25.00
Gennady Golovkin wins in round 7-12 (+250) ~$26.25 for ~$65.63= -~$26.25
-----
Total Profit= $828.75

Wow, hit Wangek dec +3000 with 0.2u . Probably one of my best single odds ever.
Dimitrenko also made it happen.
If Rivera, Jacobs and Higgings would've won those close decisions, it would have been an incredible weekend.
Still, about +10u for these 2 days.

Thats it im hitting big dogs who are decent boxers from here on out.

Anyone know anything about Jason Quigley? Tapia has gotten knocked out a few times but has also faced some pretty good fighters. He's +450 Thursday.

I'm 1.5u on Tapia +500. Love the odds. He has faced way better opponents.

Anyone know anything about Jason Quigley? Tapia has gotten knocked out a few times but has also faced some pretty good fighters. He's +450 Thursday.

Solid amateur background. Golden Boy are keen to build him as a prospect, he's slowly getting better opponents.

Nice overhand, hides it well with the jab. Scrappy when he needs to be, decent enough power too. The James De la Rosa fight was his first good step up in opposition and was a good win (the fights online, worth a watch). He is very dangerous on the inside, puts together tight combos. Tapia is pretty decently sized for a Middleweight but you just need to watch his fights to see he's in danger when trading in close (where Quigley excels). This is debatably another step up in talent for Quigley but the inside fighting paired with coming off back to back KO losses makes me hesitate to pull the trigger on Tapia here. I'll wait and see what the Quigley TKO and rounds 4-6 markets are then decide what my bet will be; if they are poor I may play Tapia after watching more footage. In reality I expect this to be a showcase fight for Quigley and Tapia to suffer another bad KO, he looks done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back