Boxing Discussion IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im prob gonna lb this one but im defo on crolla if its close. Last time one judge gave it by one another by two if crolla can make it a bit tighter i fancy he can steal it.

I don't like your draw price, BT, as I'm seeing +2000 or thereabouts all over the place, but I do like the under 9½ and under 10½ at your same prices to add to my winnings if Linares gets the stoppage or hedge my moneyline plays if Crolla gets the stoppage himself. I also threw a little on the draw at +2000 and even some on Crolla by split decision at +1000 in case you guys are right about one or more of the judges favoring Crolla in a close fight. Once again I end up with a plethora of plays on one fight.

If Linares gets off to a good start in the opening rounds I would expect Crolla would reach appealing odds to at least cover my original bet.

thats what im hoping for and then live bet crolla at the better odds.

I don't like your draw price, BT, as I'm seeing +2000 or thereabouts all over the place, but I do like the under 9½ and under 10½ at your same prices to add to my winnings if Linares gets the stoppage or hedge my moneyline plays if Crolla gets the stoppage himself. I also threw a little on the draw at +2000 and even some on Crolla by split decision at +1000 in case you guys are right about one or more of the judges favoring Crolla in a close fight. Once again I end up with a plethora of plays on one fight.

Yeah I got a shit price on that draw line, man. Didn't really think about it jumping back up b/c it got hit so hard after openers that I just hit it right then and there hoping it wouldn't get any worse. Never been good with line movement, should've waited on that one.

That being said obviously I love that +2000 draw if this does hit the cards, Linares has a beautiful boxing style but Crolla pressures a lot and is a gritty type of grind you out fighter who can win close rds. Good clash of styles that will make for competitive rds that are tough to score if they do go 12.

I'm on Linares to repeat in the re-match with Crolla at -175 and -182 to win more than two units. The prices have gotten significantly longer most everywhere, although there's quite a bit of variation right now depending on where you bet. Also taking a stab at Linares' KO prop and round 10-12 prop at decent odds suspecting he might break Crolla down a bit more efficiently now that he's fought him once. I'm a bit leery of UK judging if it goes the distance, but I thought Linares was a level above Crolla based on their first fight and don't really see what will change so quickly in this immediate re-match. Also on Arnfield ML to win more than one unit. Got a good price of -127 last week, lines are much longer pretty much everywhere now.

Cheers, agree with you that hard to see what Crolla does differently

Any chances for Sosa vs the monster Lomachenko? He's +1250 at Marathonbet now

im with BT on Crolla +215 and dec +420 the fight is in england and the first was close on the cards at least.. i think he can make a few adjustments to win a couple more rounds

"I've never seen a better Anthony Crolla," said Gallagher. "I know people say this is the best, but there was a session - I think it was last week - and I came home texting 'I have never seen Anthony Crolla this good.'

"It's the best I have ever seen him. Hopefully he can hold that and perform."

"My speed's improved, my variation of shots has improved," said Crolla.

"I just think I'm a bit more clever in the ring," the Mancunian told BBC Sport.

"I've had to be a little bit selfish and miss out on a few things, like training kids at the old amateur club. But I certainly feel the benefits of being locked away a bit more this camp."

There's nothing Crolla is capable of doing that can beat Linares. I actually think Linares won't let this go to the scorecards this time and think he will stop Crolla inside 9

I don't see any value whatsoever in Sosa, Loma is in a different universe.

There's nothing Crolla is capable of doing that can beat Linares. I actually think Linares won't let this go to the scorecards this time and think he will stop Crolla inside 9

thats kinda silly to say when two scorecards said 115-114 115-113 in the first fight

thats kinda silly to say when two scorecards said 115-114 115-113 in the first fight

and the 115-114 scorecard came from the British judge, vs the largest gap scorecard of 117-111.

That said +215 on Crolla dec is more than reasonable, of course there's a chance he can steal a decision, I just don't think he ever wins without doubt. I took Linares at -190 which I think is right being happy to have taken -200.

Any chances for Sosa vs the monster Lomachenko? He's +1250 at Marathonbet now

Lomachenko is an incredible talent...

unless he decides to completely overlook his opponent, party until 3am every morning I don't see him losing this at all..

I would be surprised if Sosa lands a punch on him.

Just 2 bets tonight.

1.) A little down on Jesus Ruiz against Randy Caballero tonight. Ruiz is of course rightfully the big underdog but he's a tough customer and fought some quality opponents in the past (Santa Cruz and Diego De La Hoya). Caballero is also coming off a long lay-off (13 months) and although he made weight for this fight he's had tough weight cuts in the past, missing weight more than once. If Ruiz can push the pace he could make this interesting, especially with the layoff, like I said he's rightfully the underdog but at @11.00 I'll take it.

2.) Jason Quigley between 4-6 @3.10, for reasons I've already discussed in an earlier post.

Just 2 bets tonight.

1.) A little down on Jesus Ruiz against Randy Caballero tonight. Ruiz is of course rightfully the big underdog but he's a tough customer and fought some quality opponents in the past (Santa Cruz and Diego De La Hoya). Caballero is also coming off a long lay-off (13 months) and although he made weight for this fight he's had tough weight cuts in the past, missing weight more than once. If Ruiz can push the pace he could make this interesting, especially with the layoff, like I said he's rightfully the underdog but at @11.00 I'll take it.

2.) Jason Quigley between 4-6 @3.10, for reasons I've already discussed in an earlier post.

Tailing Ruiz.

Just 2 bets tonight.

i have been hoping for an o/u on the ruiz fight. jesus is tough and caballeros power is completely unproven at 122

You guys made me look into this bout a bit. Ruiz is also bigger and more muscular for what that is worth. Both weighed-in 121.6. The undercard for this first Golden Boy on ESPN card starts at 8:30 PM EDT for those that have access to ESPN 3 on WatchESPN.com ahead of the tv main card at 10 PM EDT, fyi.

In on Ruiz at +1150 from yesterday at Bookmaker. Let's cash this sucker.

Still upset about Jacobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back