Boxing Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit the u7.5 for Williams Browne, 1u on Avanesyan now. Think he's a live dog here.

Hit the u7.5 for Williams Browne, 1u on Avanesyan now. Think he's a live dog here.
Don't be shy about posting that play before the fights! I almost hit the under yesterday then got distracted and forgot about it before hitting Willams Jr. late today. Oh well!

fun fight! ended up with a couple units on Peterson ml/dec during the fight.. surely the judges cant screw up this one? Peterson broke him down in the second half of the fight

Alright, I'm in for a little more at this price. War Granados!

Adrian Granados (+285) vs Adrien Broner $100.00 for $285.00

crazy granados is +550 on the bookies :eek: they must have the scorecards already =/ feels like a toss up fight to me.. granados landing way moe but broner have the hard flashy strikes

great fight! coinflip dec for me.. but i expect Broner gets it in his hometown

Granados lost it those last two rounds throwing those big, looping punches like he needed the KO which let Broner beat him to the punch. If he'd worked inside and unloaded as he had earlier he might have got the result.

Would have made about 20u on the draw myself, just needed Granados to take that last round. But had a pre-fight AB/Peterson both by decision double so came out okay.

Two Ohio judges, that's what happens. I agree that Granados might have lost it in the last round or two. I had a feeling that was going to be a split decision. I wish 5D had split or majority decision props available to bet this time because I would have been on them small for sure.

Thinking of stabbing Garcia here in a potential coin flip fight. Who's with me?

Lots of interesting bouts coming up next week. So far I made a small play on former long time super middleweight champion Lucian Bute as a +280 underdog against the undefeated Eleider Alvarez in Quebec City Friday evening. They're both transplanted foreigners living in La Belle Province despite Bute being more identified as a Quebec resident. Bute has much more pro experience and fought much better competition than Alvarez and has been very competitive even at this late stage of his career. I got my money back when he went to a controversial draw against Badou Jack last year and he held his own against James DeGale in 2015 on the way to losing a wide UD. Bute never served much of a suspension for testing positive for Ostarine after the Jack fight where he looked suspiciously energetic even in the late rounds for a 36 year old man. One could look at that this two different ways as it may mean he's off the sauce and clean or cynically I'll suggest he could be cycling better so as to not get caught this time. This fight is also apparently taking place at light heavyweight, so that's perhaps not Bute's optimal weight class. But he's actually taller than Alvarez and only giving up 3½ inches in reach, plus he has the southpaw advantage. In summary, I like him for a small play at this price as this is by far the best fighter that Alvarez has ever faced and But will most likely have the crowd behind him.

Lucian Bute (+280) vs Eleider Alvarez $40.00 for $112.00

There's a UK BoxNation card on Friday as well, plus Bute vs Alvarez and a ShoBox card that night leading into the Sky Sports card on Saturday and finally the Wilder vs Washington PBC card on Saturday.

There's a UK BoxNation card on Friday as well, plus Bute vs Alvarez and a ShoBox card that night leading into the Sky Sports card on Saturday and finally the Wilder vs Washington PBC card on Saturday.

I looked at the boxnation main event think its unlikely we get lb for it

Edit: actually think we should get lb

Last edited:
Don't really know anything about these guys other than what I read on the PBC web site, but rooting for chaos and throwing a quarter on the dog just to amuse myself on a Tuesday night:

Dat Nguyen (+1700) vs Miguel Flores $25.00 for $425.00

I don't like tying up the $ for a fight that most likely won't happen, but does Conor have ANY chance vs Floyd? I mean, I think it's <5% right? Floyd -1000 doesn't seem to expensive at all. If I thought the fight had a reasonable chance of happening I'd smash this probably as parlay fodder.

I don't like tying up the $ for a fight that most likely won't happen, but does Conor have ANY chance vs Floyd? I mean, I think it's <5% right? Floyd -1000 doesn't seem to expensive at all. If I thought the fight had a reasonable chance of happening I'd smash this probably as parlay fodder.
Conor has pulled some magic from his ass so many times but its hard to see how he has anything other than 1% chance of beating probably the greteast defensive boxer ever and probably the greatest talent of his generation. He does have size and a nasty left straight that could land though. IMO it would be the greatest upset in combat history and I actually hope he pulls it off somehow even then though lol.

I had to throw a half unit on Washington when his line hit +1300 today. Wilder is probably going to win, but coming back from a broken hand and bicep tear, plus these are big heavyweights with power, I have to stab at the dog here:

Gerald Washington (+1300) vs Deontay Wilder $50.00 for $650.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back