Boxer Chris van Heerden talks about sparring Conor McGregor

conor would need 2 weeks in the hyperbolic time chamber to make it a good boxing match against mayweather

Connor tries to be slick with his boxing but he lacks the fundamentals. I still like to see him box may weather though. Maybe Roy Jones Jr vs nick Diaz on undercard. I think nick can take Roy at this point in boxing match.

Maybe, RJJ is like 220lb at this point.

Even though its for the cash I do respect that Conor is willing to do this. He really has nothing to lose that's true but risking looking like a fool is a real possibility. I hope he can put in a reasonable showing for himself with a very likely loss and not get embarrassed.

All you have to do is watch the sparring video to know Conor is too far behind in comparison.

The guy being interviewed states the obvious. No MMA fighter is going to win a boxing match with a comparable professional boxer. The same is true of professional boxers in MMA matches.

That dude would ruin Conor in any fight that doesnt involve grappling

Probaby would ruin Conor in a grappling match too.

"Kavanaugh" BJJ... lel

enhanced-7184-1417549718-26.jpg

If they box with MMA gloves Conner KNOCKS MONEY THE FUCK OUT!!!!

Conor fails at boxing against both professionals and MMA fighters because he has no jab.

He was talking about boxing. Do you think Conor is a better boxer than Floyd?
Absolutely not. But from what i heard he said mma striker.. Could be his irish gypsy accent mixed with being punchdrunk so i could have missed some of what he said

Most boxers would lay out MMA fighters in even k-1 rules. Just look at the Diaz bros, they are basically exclusively boxers and they still tool 95% of the people they face striking.

There are very few fighters in high level MMA who have good enough defense to chop down a good boxers legs with out getting laid out in the process.

Yes kicking is a huge advantage, but boxers are so far ahead in the boxing realm they still overcome it. Look at Hunt in K-1 too. Good punchers can absolutely overcome the deficit.
It has to do with styles, the boxer that likes to hang back or dance around gets beat by a thai boxing style this has been proven many times, guys like hunt and diaz pressure, they dont rely on a lean back shell style of defense (like mayweather or hopkins) that style of boxer has their whole defense built around punches but that leaves the lead leg totally exposed, look at any mayweather fight i seriously think aldo would chop the fuck out of his legs and win in k1 rules.
Boxers that move forward can always adapt better because kicking a forward moving target is harder, you have to constatly re set your feet.

That was a nice and honest interview.

Why is he saying no standup mma fighter can stand with a boxer? If just lowkicks was allowed it would bve a whole different story.
You know what he meant. The difference between a top boxer and a top mma "boxer" is huge. Leg kicks are not allowed in boxing. We know any mma fighter can beat up a boxer, but that wasn't the argument

Mike Tyson vs Takayama for the co-main event.

Ronda should fight Mayweather. I truly believe she can beat him in a straight boxing match. She has savage power and you know money has a glass chin. Speed wise, it's a close match, but Ronda has the slight edge with the pad work shes done with Edmond. The only rule change I would make is that they allow 4 ounce gloves. That way Money will know how it feels to get hit by a professional fighter, not some tipity tap shit that he's been facing his entire career. If Money couldn't knock out canelo, do you believe he would ko Ronda, who got hit square by Bethe who is top 5 or 6 p4p best striker in the game.

Think about it.
Funny. Those jokes are old,but you sound sincere, are you serious? Whose got a glass chin? I think your Trollling

Pretty clear that Conor is dropping this dude with body shots.

Back