Boxer Chris van Heerden talks about sparring Conor McGregor

he did not gas against Holloway and holloway is not a small FW by any margin
yes, he should not have head hunted that much and he should have used leg kicks more but to deny he did not gas due to carrying extra weight than he is used to performing optimally at is being myopic
A pro athlete should be able to go more than 2 rounds in my humble opinion. It wasn't like he threw 100 punches per round, at least from what I remember. If his cardio was that bad from being a little heavier then he has far worse problems than just Diaz's chin. I don't hate Conor or anything, I just expect to see the lower weight class guys show up with good cardio.

Cabo Nate should have been slowing down, not the man with the full camp.

Most boxers would lay out MMA fighters in even k-1 rules. Just look at the Diaz bros, they are basically exclusively boxers and they still tool 95% of the people they face striking.

There are very few fighters in high level MMA who have good enough defense to chop down a good boxers legs with out getting laid out in the process.

Yes kicking is a huge advantage, but boxers are so far ahead in the boxing realm they still overcome it. Look at Hunt in K-1 too. Good punchers can absolutely overcome the deficit.

Hunt is a kick boxer you idiot.

Why is he saying no standup mma fighter can stand with a boxer? If just lowkicks was allowed it would bve a whole different story.
You do know what happens if the guy times your low kick with an over hand counter? Watch Pedro Rizzo get knocked out cold in pride trying that weak shit. Low kicks are the most overrated weapon ever

Yes, but the Floyd's footwork is light-years ahead of Spong or any other boxer/MMA fighter. Floyd's footwork will make it hard for anyone to land a kick.

His footwork is only designed for his upper body to get out of the way of punches, because that's all you have to worry about in boxing. It's not at all designed to avoid low kicks, nor is Mayweather able to read low kicks anywhere near quickly enough with someone who can throw quick untelegraphed low kicks. Or any other kick, really.

You do know what happens if the guy times your low kick with an over hand counter? Watch Pedro Rizzo get knocked out cold in pride trying that weak shit. Low kicks are the most overrated weapon ever

Um, the same thing that happens anytime anyone times any kind of strike with a proper counter to it. That doesn't make the attack an overrated weapon. That's like saying a right cross is overrated because you know what happens when someone intercepts it with a left jab. Low kicks are a great tool to have in one's toolbox, and they'd be a great weapon to employ against a fighter that isn't used to defending against them.

Um, the same thing that happens anytime anyone times any kind of strike with a proper counter to it. That doesn't make the attack an overrated weapon. That's like saying a right cross is overrated because you know what happens when someone intercepts it with a left jab. Low kicks are a great tool to have in one's toolbox, and they'd be a great weapon to employ against a fighter that isn't used to defending against them.
True but The post said if only low kicks were allowed which means thats the only new thing to time. Its not like he said everything is allowed so no other kicks knees or elbows to worry about. Plus i do stand by my point low kicks rarely ever finish anyone. They are overrated in that regard. Even after you cripple someone you can get put away by hands Lawler vs Manheof anyone?

Conor and Floyd should never be used in the same sentence. Conor's name have no business there

This boxer should go spar stand up at his local professional MMA gym. Just so he knows WTF hes talking about.

This boxer should go spar stand up at his local professional MMA gym. Just so he knows WTF hes talking about.

You should actually watch past a minute and 30 seconds seeing as he said no boxer should ever step into an Octagon with an MMA fighter. No MMA fighter should step into a boxing ring with a boxer.

You should actually watch past a minute and 30 seconds seeing as he said no boxer should ever step into an Octagon with an MMA fighter. No MMA fighter should step into a boxing ring with a boxer.

Yeah with such a limited rule set the boxer wins. In no way do I believe boxing is the best for fighting. MMA is and its not even close. Thats what gets lost in all this sport vs. sport talk. MMA is leaps and bounds better as a self defense/fighting art.

I dont know why anybody cares if a boxer wins at boxing....what does that prove? It proves you can beat somebody at "kind of fighting" when in actuality they could pound you into the ground at anytime. They just are not allowed to.

Boxing is so limited when it comes to stand up. Pure stand up ill take a kick boxor or muay thai guy all day long.

Yeah with such a limited rule set the boxer wins. In no way do I believe boxing is the best for fighting. MMA is and its not even close. Thats what gets lost in all this sport vs. sport talk. MMA is leaps and bounds better as a self defense/fighting art.

I dont know why anybody cares if a boxer wins at boxing....what does that prove? It proves you can beat somebody at "kind of fighting" when in actuality they could pound you into the ground at anytime. They just are not allowed to.

Stop with the whole "MMA is better in real life bro!" talk, its such a pointless argument by insecure MMA fans to try and look superior to boxing. Sports are defined by rule sets, MMA has them too.

Stop with the whole "MMA is better in real life bro!" talk, its such a pointless argument by insecure MMA fans to try and look superior to boxing. Sports are defined by rule sets, MMA has them too.

It is and its not even close.

A lifetime of refinement for what? Forget the ground game entirely and just let Conor grab the Thai clinch on Floyd or even less let the fight happen with 4oz gloves and it would look even worse than Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. People still don't realize how ridiculous Boxing is compared to MMA,it's like someone saying "I can run faster then you if you only use one leg." Conor is the better athlete because his skillset is unlimited,he is basically fighting Floyd with a handicap.

Even with four ounce gloves Conor gets tooled up badly. Probably even worse.

True but The post said if only low kicks were allowed which means thats the only new thing to time. Its not like he said everything is allowed so no other kicks knees or elbows to worry about. Plus i do stand by my point low kicks rarely ever finish anyone. They are overrated in that regard. Even after you cripple someone you can get put away by hands Lawler vs Manheof anyone?

Manheof was spent goods at that time in his career, he's always been chinny too. Also Robbie is far more familiar with kicks that any pure boxer would be. And no pure boxer has ever really ate a kick, their nerves would be so absurdly sensitive, they'll be wincing every blow.

Fair enough, because I certainly don't give a flying fuck about an MMA vs Boxer under Boxing rules.

Back