Boxer Chris van Heerden talks about sparring Conor McGregor

Well I'll be dipped in shit... Why if that just don't beat all!

Oh my stars.....

The truth comes out: Mayweather would thump McGregor in a boxing ring. In other news, salt is salty.

Man the articles I saw about this made it sound like Chris was shitting on Conor, which is not at all what happened. Chris seems like a nice guy, I feel bad for enjoying the Errol spence fight so much

They cut out the rest of the interview where he went on to emphatically state that water is wet and the sky is blue.

Clearly if its pure boxing or if Conor stupidly tries to beat a talented boxer at his own game then Conor gets creamed 999/1000 times. If Conor dropped everything and trained nothing but boxing for a couple of years then I think he could do quite well as a boxer but I don't see him ever catching Floyd. That's not a knock on Conor, it's just the difference between a couple of years of refinement and a lifetime of refinement.

Ronda should fight Mayweather. I truly believe she can beat him in a straight boxing match. She has savage power and you know money has a glass chin. Speed wise, it's a close match, but Ronda has the slight edge with the pad work shes done with Edmond. The only rule change I would make is that they allow 4 ounce gloves. That way Money will know how it feels to get hit by a professional fighter, not some tipity tap shit that he's been facing his entire career. If Money couldn't knock out canelo, do you believe he would ko Ronda, who got hit square by Bethe who is top 5 or 6 p4p best striker in the game.

Think about it.

They cut out the rest of the interview where he went on to emphatically state that water is wet and the sky is blue.

Clearly if its pure boxing or if Conor stupidly tries to beat a talented boxer at his own game then Conor gets creamed 999/1000 times. If Conor dropped everything and trained nothing but boxing for a couple of years then I think he could do quite well as a boxer but I don't see him ever catching Floyd. That's not a knock on Conor, it's just the difference between a couple of years of refinement and a lifetime of refinement.
Not only is there a difference between a few years and a lifetime, there's also a gap between Floyd and other boxers that have put a lifetime of work in

with six months of dedicative training, conor can dethrone mayweather.
p0RDMJGgMXF96.gif

Connor tries to be slick with his boxing but he lacks the fundamentals. I still like to see him box may weather though. Maybe Roy Jones Jr vs nick Diaz on undercard. I think nick can take Roy at this point in boxing match.

He has fundamentals, its the advanced boxing he does not have.

Boxer beats MNA in stand up...LOL

SO...Conor kicked him in the gut and face right? With his shoes on?

Dude would get foot slapped so easy.

Most boxers would lay out MMA fighters in even k-1 rules. Just look at the Diaz bros, they are basically exclusively boxers and they still tool 95% of the people they face striking.

There are very few fighters in high level MMA who have good enough defense to chop down a good boxers legs with out getting laid out in the process.

Yes kicking is a huge advantage, but boxers are so far ahead in the boxing realm they still overcome it. Look at Hunt in K-1 too. Good punchers can absolutely overcome the deficit.

Sounds like he praised Conor to me. The fact that Conor was able to hang with him in sparring is impressive.

Not only is there a difference between a few years and a lifetime, there's also a gap between Floyd and other boxers that have put a lifetime of work in
A lifetime of refinement for what? Forget the ground game entirely and just let Conor grab the Thai clinch on Floyd or even less let the fight happen with 4oz gloves and it would look even worse than Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. People still don't realize how ridiculous Boxing is compared to MMA,it's like someone saying "I can run faster then you if you only use one leg." Conor is the better athlete because his skillset is unlimited,he is basically fighting Floyd with a handicap.

This guy sounds salty and honestly even for sparring conor was pushing him back and controlling the pace he looked like the boxing champ sparring this guy.

Boxers are always under this delusion that in a real fight they can roll with mma fighters. I've trained both arts and it's not even close. A striker with ground game beats a boxer 10/10 times
How is Conor's ground game( I can't believe I just said that) going to help him in a boxing match. That is what all the reports are saying this is. Of course Floyd loses an mma fight. Do you think Conor is a better boxer than Floyd, yes or no?

You are right and I was just being brief. Floyd was almost literally born to be a boxer. Genetics, plus a family of highly skilled boxers and boxing trainers (all with their own lifetimes of knowledge to impart), plus an incredible work ethic are all other pieces set him apart.

I didn't find this guy disrespectful at all. I think he was honestly saying what he thinks. Look Conor is a good boxer, he is just not a world class boxer. He has great style and footwork for the cage but Nate made him shoot for a take down ffs. Is Nate anything remotely like Mayweather in the hands department?

For the record, I think Mayweather is a douche bag and would lmao if Conor knocked him out. Denying the guys talent is just plain blind or not being honest.

A lifetime of refinement for what? Forget the ground game entirely and just let Conor grab the Thai clinch on Floyd or even less let the fight happen with 4oz gloves and it would look even worse than Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin. People still don't realize how ridiculous Boxing is compared to MMA,it's like someone saying "I can run faster then you if you only use one leg." Conor is the better athlete because his skillset is unlimited,he is basically fighting Floyd with a handicap.
posts like this are why mma fans are mocked by everyone.

yep. Its like people forget that Pacquiao is an all-time great himself, and a proven, championship caliber fighter from childhood. And even with his talent, experience and skills he was schooled by Mayweather for 12 rounds. What is a guy with a few matches in the Irish Golden Gloves circuit gonna do to Floyd?

Half the heavies probably think Chris Leben has a chance to KO Floyd by throwing haymakers recklessly. No respect. No respect at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back