Bold Prediction: GSP is going to face Maia in his return

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Dana says GSP will face the WW champion in his return and I believe Maia is going to OUTWRESTLE Woodley for the welterweight title just like he's been doing to pretty much everybody.

What's Woodley gonna do to stop Maia? He can't lay on top of Demian or else he'll get swept in the half guard and how is he gonna stop the single leg? How is he gonna keep Maia from working to his back when he's always against the cage where Maia does his best work? Woodley has one weapon and that's his right hand

GSP is also going to lose to the newly crowned champion. GSP had trouble with Hendricks the last southpaw he faced. GSP had to adjust his style and go away from utilizing his jab against the lefty.

Bookmark this thread I just gave you the welterweight landscape for the next 1.5 years.

Woodley has the best TDD in the business. Maia will get slept by the right hand. Just my prediction.

If Maia makes it through then its bad news for GSP !! Maia will find the Sub

Maia can't get Woodley/GSP to the ground. They will both win by better boxing.

Maia backpacking Woodlet will make my life complete

We have never really seen woodleys bjj tested so this is going to be a good matchup. If maia is able to get woodley down he is in a world of trouble and could easily upset the champ. But thats a big if

Woodley has the best TDD in the business. Maia will get slept by the right hand. Just my prediction.

Explain to me in detail how his TDD is so great. He was spooked of going to the floor with Shields and got out struck.

Maia is Thee Anti-Wrestler. You will see that Maia will get Woodley to the floor one way or another.

Maia has the ability to run the pipe or pull into himself like quicksand because NOBODY wants to be on top of Maia. He will work the half guard sweep and creep to your back. I could find the gif of him doing it against Gunnar. Who the fuck has the balls to do that against Gunnar?

His BJJ has transcended grappling in MMA. He's literally in his own league.

If Maia manages to beat Woodley, GSP will litterally destroy Maia. He will take him down at will IF he chooses to, and if not, Maia will never get ONE takedown against GSP. GSP will beat his ass standing because Maia has no striking.

If Maia manages to beat Woodley, GSP will litterally destroy Maia. He will take him down at will IF he chooses to, and if not, Maia will never get ONE takedown against GSP. GSP will beat his ass standing because Maia has no striking.

GSP will not want to take down Maia.

Where will his jab be? He will put his lead leg on the inside and get his leg snatched by Maia on the inside. And Maia has taken the least amount of hits in succession compared to anyone in the UFC.

Maia can't get Woodley/GSP to the ground. They will both win by better boxing.

Excellent keep piling up these type of responses I would like to collect all the doubt and will bump in another year.

Keep underestimating BJJ.

Well Woolley could take Nate the great's approach to fighting Maia. Of course that was k-1 Maia.

Excellent keep piling up these type of responses I would like to collect all the doubt and will bump in another year.

GSP has the best takedowns and takedown defence ever. And his top control is also the best. He will never get submitted by Maia. Your an idiot if you think Maia gets even one takedown against GSP. Go watch a GSP fight.

GSP's wrestling and jab are too good for Maia. The fight never makes it to the ground, and GSP jabs his way to victory, maybe even a stoppage in the championship rounds.

That is not just a bold prediction, that is an incredibly bold prediction.

GSP will not want to take down Maia.

Where will his jab be? He will put his lead leg on the inside and get his leg snatched by Maia on the inside. And Maia has taken the least amount of hits in succession compared to anyone in the UFC.

I don't underestimat BJJ. But I believe that Maia can't take GSP/ Woodley to the ground. And if hè can't take them down, the BJJ is worthless.

GSP's wrestling and jab are too good for Maia. The fight never makes it to the ground, and GSP jabs his way to victory, maybe even a stoppage in the championship rounds.
I can even see GSP taking Maia down and GNPing him a little at the end of a round.

Explain to me in detail how his TDD is so great. He was spooked of going to the floor with Shields and got out struck.

Maia is Thee Anti-Wrestler. You will see that Maia will get Woodley to the floor one way or another.

Maia has the ability to run the pipe or pull into himself like quicksand because NOBODY wants to be on top of Maia. He will work the half guard sweep and creep to your back. I could find the gif of him doing it against Gunnar. Who the fuck has the balls to do that against Gunnar?

His BJJ has transcended grappling in MMA. He's literally in his own league.

He fared pretty well against Gastelum, who's easily a plus wrestler. Maia is a BJJ savant, but unless Tyron walks into that fight with fartbeans for brains that day, I think he's good enough on the feet to keep it standing. Woodley by UD.

you don't see maia on his back very often, would be an interesting matchup. although i do think we'd more likely see Jabfest Georges in that one.

That sounds like the kind of slimey thing GSP would wait for.

Its not bold unless you have money behind it

Back