Bold Prediction: GSP is going to face Maia in his return

Maia neutralizes all wrestling. If he ends up on the bottom he's just going to sweep GSP immediately like everybody else. Maia finds GSP's back just like everybody else. In terms of Woodley, it's just a matter if that right hand connects or not. He has 5 rounds to carry a backpack and land that one shot. Even odds in the Woodley fight.

I am getting visions of GSP vs. Shields...Please no...

Well when I stop and think about it...It will look better than the Shields fight. Shields makes fights ugly no matter what.

Maia to his credit doesn't box with his fingers, so I see a 50-45 jab fest.

Dana says GSP will face the WW champion in his return and I believe Maia is going to OUTWRESTLE Woodley for the welterweight title just like he's been doing to pretty much everybody.

What's Woodley gonna do to stop Maia? He can't lay on top of Demian or else he'll get swept in the half guard and how is he gonna stop the single leg? How is he gonna keep Maia from working to his back when he's always against the cage where Maia does his best work? Woodley has one weapon and that's his right hand

GSP is also going to lose to the newly crowned champion. GSP had trouble with Hendricks the last southpaw he faced. GSP had to adjust his style and go away from utilizing his jab against the lefty.

Bookmark this thread I just gave you the welterweight landscape for the next 1.5 years.

I said "no" outloud when I read your title thread. But you might actually have a point. I'm betting Maia beats Woodley. Gsp will be tough for Maia though.

lmao, did you not watch GSP vs Shields? GSP avoided the ground like it was lava.

gsp_shields_takedown.gif

Did you watch Jake Shields look up to his corner as ask "Can I pull guard now?" and being told no?

Maia should have far too much skill for Woodley and get the submission, but Woodley has shitloads of power and Maia is hittable so it could go either way.

I'll make a bold prediction.. Woodley dominates Maia and Maia can't get him down and gets thrown around and manhandled. I don't even like Woodley but just my 2 cents. Woodley is a top class wrestler and he is very physically strong too, its a awful style fight for Maia.

I don't know where this anti-wrestler thing comes from with Maia, he don't beat wrestlers, he beats guys with crappy TDD like Brown and Condit and Magny, tall guys who are strikers. Against a short stocky wrestler its gonna be totally different. Maia struggled badly with Ryan La Flare for 5 rounds for christ sake

It make sense. GSP is tailor-made to fuck up a guy like Maia.

I'll make a bold prediction.. Woodley dominates Maia and Maia can't get him down and gets thrown around and manhandled. I don't even like Woodley but just my 2 cents. Woodley is a top class wrestler and he is very physically strong too, its a awful style fight for Maia.

I don't know where this anti-wrestler thing comes from with Maia, he don't beat wrestlers, he beats guys with crappy TDD like Brown and Condit and Magny, tall guys who are strikers. Against a short stocky wrestler its gonna be totally different. Maia struggled badly with Ryan La Flare for 5 rounds for christ sake

Throw him around?

If Woodley engages any kind of grappling with Maia, he's making a mistake. Woodley's best shot against Maia is to beat him up on the feet. Woodley wrestles Maia at all and he's going to screw himself.

Dana says GSP will face the WW champion in his return and I believe Maia is going to OUTWRESTLE Woodley for the welterweight title just like he's been doing to pretty much everybody.

What's Woodley gonna do to stop Maia? He can't lay on top of Demian or else he'll get swept in the half guard and how is he gonna stop the single leg? How is he gonna keep Maia from working to his back when he's always against the cage where Maia does his best work? Woodley has one weapon and that's his right hand

GSP is also going to lose to the newly crowned champion. GSP had trouble with Hendricks the last southpaw he faced. GSP had to adjust his style and go away from utilizing his jab against the lefty.

Bookmark this thread I just gave you the welterweight landscape for the next 1.5 years.

Lol at Maia being able to beat Woodley. This is one of the easiest-to-predict fights ever. Woodley wins 99/100 times. Maia is done. Woodley vs GSP will be the real WW title fight in 6 months time.

GSP will not want to take down Maia.

Where will his jab be? He will put his lead leg on the inside and get his leg snatched by Maia on the inside. And Maia has taken the least amount of hits in succession compared to anyone in the UFC.

Excellent keep piling up these type of responses I would like to collect all the doubt and will bump in another year.

Keep underestimating BJJ.

GSP and Woodley both embarass MAIA

Just my opinion of course

If Maia makes it through then its bad news for GSP !! Maia will find the Sub
How many times did Maia submit Rory MacDonald ???
GSP will use his wrestling in reverse and keep the fight standing as his TDD is pretty damn good

Back