Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Better that than being inspired by musicians claiming to have been drug dealers.
I love how people harp so much on this shit when white people were eating up the adventures of moon shiners with The Dukes of Hazzard. Even more recently we get plenty of pop culture centered around drugs(Breaking Bad, Weeds) but its only ever blacks who get criticized for this sort of thing in their sub culture.

Agreed.

MV5BMTkxNzI3ODI4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjkwMjY4MjE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Wasn't this based on a true story?

Just imagine the outcry if anyone was stoked about an all white film about cutting yourself off from other races

I love how people harp so much on this shit when white people were eating up the adventures of moon shiners with The Dukes of Hazzard. Even more recently we get plenty of pop culture centered around drugs(Breaking Bad, Weeds) but its only ever blacks who get criticized for this sort of thing in their sub culture.
Not to mention glorifying 1% bikers with Sons of Anarchy and other Biker movies. 1% are major purveyors of prostitution and meth, with meth especially affecting working class Whites.

Not to mention glorifying 1% bikers with Sons of Anarchy and other Biker movies. 1% are major purveyors of prostitution and meth, with meth especially affecting working class Whites.
That's a good one, great example of a white gang.

People love to shit on the black community for supposedly glorifying thug culture but all of America does this. Whether its Bloods/Crips, biker gangs, or the mafia there are huge swaths of America that find that lifestyle and its variations appealing subjects for art.

Black Panther is now the #1 rated super hero movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/3/

I suppose that's what happens when you threaten to ban anyone who gives a negative review of it.

Oh and Wonder Woman is #2, because.. you know.

9ca.png
I don't agree with the unnaturally high positive reviews at RT. It seems like an overreaction to the attempt by a Facebook group soliciting people to leave negative reviews for Black Panther.

Black Panther is now the #1 rated super hero movie of all time on Rotten Tomatoes

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/best-superhero-movies-of-all-time/3/

I suppose that's what happens when you threaten to ban anyone who gives a negative review of it.

Oh and Wonder Woman is #2, because.. you know.

9ca.png
I really do think the RT reviews seem unusually high in this case. Not only is the score very high (97%) but the top critics, a very picky bunch from what I've seen, gave it an even higher score than the general critics which I almost never see and its a perfect 100%.

Somebody at RT getting paid by Marvel it seems.

I really do think the RT reviews seem unusually high in this case. Not only is the score very high (97%) but the top critics, a very picky bunch from what I've seen, gave it an even higher score than the general critics which I almost never see and its a perfect 100%.

Somebody at RT getting paid by Marvel it seems.

Apart from that the "studio x is paying critics" argument is just silly, why would anyone pay RT when they don't review any films? They are just tallying up what critics that are on their list say.

Apart from that the "studio x is paying critics" argument is just silly, why would anyone pay RT when they don't review any films? They are just tallying up what critics that are on their list say.
I don't really think they're getting directly paid but I do find it suspicious how highly they rate some of these mediocre films. Its probably just standard shit taste though.

I don't really think they're getting directly paid but I do find it suspicious how highly they rate some of these mediocre films. Its probably just standard shit taste though.

RT asks them to just put in the simplest metric available - to say if they liked or disliked the film. It doesn't need to be the best film ever to get 100%, it just has to be good enough for all listed critics to like it.

Things also get a lot better when people just learn accept that these things are subjective instead of trying to put their own taste as fact and condemn that which differs from it. Not doing that feels either childish or pretentious.

Most because people would be called racist if they don't say it is a perfect movie

None of which makes glorifying selling crack a good thing.

RT asks them to just put in the simplest metric available - to say if they liked or disliked the film. It doesn't need to be the best film ever to get 100%, it just has to be good enough for all listed critics to like it.

Things also get a lot better when people just learn accept that these things are subjective instead of trying to put their own taste as fact and condemn that which differs from it. Not doing that feels either childish or pretentious.
I know all that but nonetheless RT critics seem really lenient on these Marvel movies. Jurassic Park has 4 rotten reviews compared to 0 for Black Panther :confused:

Would you say glorifying moon shining is bad? How about glorifying the production of meth?
Between those and soa you've got three examples. Compare that to an entire genre of music and what 100's of movies?

And yes, those are all bad.

I know all that but nonetheless RT critics seem really lenient on these Marvel movies. Jurassic Park has 4 rotten reviews compared to 0 for Black Panther :confused:
I'm willing to bet that has less to do with a relationship between Marvel and RE and more to do with fear of being labeled racist.

Back