Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

He should, Spiderman Homecoming uses elements from that storyline that make the movie work.

I hated Homecoming. Saw it with my sons. From the Stark-invented tech to the heavy-handed every-color-of-the-rainbow diversity casting.

Thought Keaton as Toomes was great. But thought the militarized nature of the Vulture (like what they did to the Goblin in the McGuire series) was shit. I did prefer Holland's take on Peter to Garfield's.

As a long time comic book reader, my final take on Black Panther is that there is no honest discussion to be had. It’s either GOAT or you are a salty racist. Even black comic book fans get shut down quickly when legitimate points about the movie not being as good as the hype get pointed out. Articles like “Killmonger the GOAT villian ever”? Just stop.

It’s a solid 8/10 movie, but the hype beasts are real.

Having seen quite a number of the comic book-based movies I give the GOAT prize to...

GOTG 2.

Keep in mind, I never read any of the Guardian book series. And maybe that helps since I have nothing to compare the film's characterizations and storyline fidelity to.

But, for my money, that movie hits all of the right notes and found the perfect balance of action, pathos and humor that I want in a superhero tale.

Come at me, bros. :)

Maybe you thought that’s what he was. How do I know

Listen I had a convo yesterday with a guy who said all these comic books suck yet he’s never even read one of them. Then claimed he was a comic book fan but he only ever read 1 comic book. Lol

So don’t hold me to the cross here because I’ve heard some crazy shit already. Nothing surprises me anymore
I collected comic books until 1990. Mostly Thor. I used to pop into the Mayberry comic threads once in a while, so thought maybe you might know.

We're going to disagree on Arnold since his early career was predicated on capitalizing on his physique, not his acting (even his Terminator role). He made popcorn movies because his accent was too strong to make serious fare.

Rewatch the first Conan movie if you honestly think that.

37 pages and 731 posts over a comic book character that inspires African Americans. What a sorry state of affairs. I didn't think this thread was going to go beyond 3 pages.
Better that than being inspired by musicians claiming to have been drug dealers.

Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland. He was a real person and Ireland is a real country. Wakanda is a fictional place from a comic book . It has nothing to do with Africa, black people, or anyone else for that matter BECAUSE IT IS NOT REAL.

How does this need explaining ffs?

<36>
But the only comic book hero we get in the movies is Banshee. And they killed him off between movies.

Apparently the diversity police snowflakes are also mad at the lack of LGBTQ representation in the in movie.

Apparently the diversity police snowflakes are also mad at the lack of LGBTQ representation in the in movie.
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/20/black-panther-hailed-diversity-has-no-gay-characte/
‘Black Panther’ packed with action, diversity — but no gays
Marvel Studios‘ “Black Panther” is being hailed as the most diverse superhero movie in Hollywood history, but it’s not diverse enough for some progressives who want to know: Where are all the gay characters?

There's no pleasing progressives.

I hated Homecoming. Saw it with my sons. From the Stark-invented tech to the heavy-handed every-color-of-the-rainbow diversity casting.

Thought Keaton as Toomes was great. But thought the militarized nature of the Vulture (like what they did to the Goblin in the McGuire series) was shit. I did prefer Holland's take on Peter to Garfield's.

Having seen quite a number of the comic book-based movies I give the GOAT prize to...

GOTG 2.

Keep in mind, I never read any of the Guardian book series. And maybe that helps since I have nothing to compare the film's characterizations and storyline fidelity to.

But, for my money, that movie hits all of the right notes and found the perfect balance of action, pathos and humor that I want in a superhero tale.

Come at me, bros. :)

On Spiderman: I too could have done without Big Brother Stark, but since they were working from some Miles Morales aspects, there was no way to have Nick Fury mentor Peter due to SHIELD’s collapse. SHIELD keeping tabs on Spiderman would have made more sense.

On Diversity: While I am usually rabid about sticking to source material, there was no way they could have gotten away without doing it in NYC. Ned Leeds was supposed to be a white guy, but was played by a Filipino, based on a Korean character. Go figure.

On Vulture: It’s hard not to be militarized when the Tinkerer was repurposing alien weapons of war. But ultimately he’s just a common criminal.

On GotG2: Ok. You like what you like as a non reader. All good.

As far as me listening to anyone else claim that BP is the GOAT. I won’t as a comic book fan. Box office sales and ticket demographics don’t mean anything to me. The movie is really good, but is just outside my MCU top 5.

I might be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure Africa is not the beacon for LGBTQ freedom.

But the only comic book hero we get in the movies is Banshee. And they killed him off between movies.

What ???
latest

Did she have an appearance in one of the movies?
Yep, remember the young girl that screamed at the govt agents during the invasion of the xmansion .
Banshee's daughter Siryn

Yep, remember the young girl that screamed at the govt agents during the invasion of the xmansion .
Banshee's daughter Siryn
Right. But x2 has been retconned by days of future past. Ergo, never happened.

Crank is definitely ours.
Yeah without the crank we wouldn't have reciprocating engines and by extension BMWs for gelled slicked back hair MiddleEastern folks to show off in.

Yeah without the crank we wouldn't have reciprocating engines and by extension BMWs for gelled slicked back hair MiddleEastern folks to show off in.
I meant meth.

I collected comic books until 1990. Mostly Thor. I used to pop into the Mayberry comic threads once in a while, so thought maybe you might know.

Yeah it’s hard to remember who posts what. At least you were joking around earlier

Back