BLACK MIRROR (Season 6 officially greenlit, in the works)

I think the point was -- what lengths will people go to to protect what they have/ want.
In the beginning, she had nothing to lose (she was just the passenger) and he had everything to lose because he was drunk and killed a man.
Later, his life wasn't so great, and he felt that it would be better if he came clean. Her life was amazeballs and she was like fuck that noise.
She went from being morally correct when she had nothing to lose to 6x the monster when their roles were reversed.

What didn't make sense was ... why did he have to involve her? He did it. Come clean and leave her out of it. He was kind of an asshole.

And thats not even addressing the technology.

Ahh.

I think then the episode would've lost a sense of...something.

Kinda made it more chilling that it was the female, IMO.

Just my $0.02

The role reversal was essential.
If he was a successful guy with shit going on instead of a man tormented like a character in an Edgar Allan Poe poem, he wouldn't have made that decision.

Crocodile spoilers

Yeah I kind of agree. Also I didn't mind the violence part that seems to be bothering people. A woman could absolutely trip a guy by accident, it's not like he was really fighting back before then. He was doing that thing guys do when they don't want to fight a woman. And then he hit the back of his head on the floor, that shit happens. Then the Indian broad, she seemed pretty timid, so a cutthroat chick beating her ass isn't unrealistic either. A lot of average chicks would probably just freeze up in physical confrontation. Sneaking up on anyone in a bathtub and braining them with a hammer is also legit. Okay, I suppose that baby would have totally kicked her ass. Other than that though, I don't see what some people are complaining about.

Yep.

Agreed.

I enjoyed the episode and loved the Icelandic backdrop. Place is gorgeous.

I think the point was -- what lengths will people go to to protect what they have/ want.
In the beginning, she had nothing to lose (she was just the passenger) and he had everything to lose because he was drunk and killed a man.
Later, his life wasn't so great, and he felt that it would be better if he came clean. Her life was amazeballs and she was like fuck that noise.
She went from being morally correct when she had nothing to lose to 6x the monster when their roles were reversed.

What didn't make sense was ... why did he have to involve her? He did it. Come clean and leave her out of it. He was kind of an asshole.

And thats not even addressing the technology.

I don't think he was an asshole. (I mean, the latter-day version of him anyway.) He was giving her a heads up because she was part of the crime, they did it together. It's not just his business. He hit the dude with the car, but she aided & abetted, disposed of the body and all that. Also, I think he genuinely wanted to help her save her soul too. He didn't realize she didn't have one. He assumed she would give a shit like he did, once he revealed that the widow had been living in misery holding onto false hope. He didn't know his ex was pure crocodile.

If he was a successful guy with shit going on instead of a man tormented like a character in an Edgar Allan Poe poem, he wouldn't have made that decision.

Personally I don't agree. I got the impression it was all about him finding out about the widow & her situation that fucked him up, and made him want to tell her he was dead. Whether he was a homeless bum, or loaded with Anderson Silva money.

Yep.

Role reversal was key.

But yea, I think that article about the wife still holding out hope messed him up. Sort of made him grow a conscience, or at least let wife know he's gone.

I don't think he was an asshole. (I mean, the latter-day version of him anyway.) He was giving her a heads up because she was part of the crime, they did it together. It's not just his business. He hit the dude with the car, but she aided & abetted, disposed of the body and all that. Also, I think he genuinely wanted to help her save her soul too. He didn't realize she didn't have one. He assumed she would give a shit like he did, once he revealed that the widow had been living in misery holding onto false hope. He didn't know his ex was pure crocodile.
He was an asshole. He fucked up and took her with him. She felt a weakness out in the middle of nowhere for her boyfriend and made wrong decision. Later in life, he sought her out because he was too much of a coward to do it by himself. By trying to take her down with him its almost as if he is blaming her.

If he was compelled to come clean, then tell her he's doing it and that he'll only bring her into it if she want to.

I felt crocodile referred to her tears during the recital, more than being a killer.

Another thing about this show is that the writing is just amazing. There are so many things going on that, while there may be one main issue, there are many layers to the best episodes.

He was an asshole. He fucked up and took her with him. She felt a weakness out in the middle of nowhere for her boyfriend and made wrong decision. Later in life, he sought her out because he was too much of a coward to do it by himself. By trying to take her down with him its almost as if he is blaming her.

If he was compelled to come clean, then tell her he's doing it and that he'll only bring her into it if she want to.

I felt crocodile referred to her tears during the recital, more than being a killer.

Another thing about this show is that the writing is just amazing. There are so many things going on that, while there may be one main issue, there are many layers to the best episodes.

Crocodile

Oh he was definitely an asshole back during the accident, no doubt about that. I think he would say the same. I just didn't read him as such in the years later version. He seemed genuine & contrite.

I don't think he was saying he was going to tell the widow about her too. Just himself. And not even necessarily a full confession, I got the impression he was talking about even just anonymously letting her know so she could have some closure, like with a letter or email etc. That's why crocodile said 'no, there's ways they can trace those things' or something like that. She didn't want him to even let the widow know anonymously, even without mentioning them at all.

Yeah I think we agree on this. They made a point to have a scene showing her crying after each one of the four deaths/murders. I think that was on purpose. The title is about her crocodile tears / not giving a fuck.

Love this show. They don't knock it out of the park every single time but I appreciate that they want to.

Personally I don't agree. I got the impression it was all about him finding out about the widow & her situation that fucked him up, and made him want to tell her he was dead. Whether he was a homeless bum, or loaded with Anderson Silva money.
I felt that was a trigger or an excuse. I imagine this guy was a wreck his entire life because of this incident, but was too much of a coward to do the right thing. I'm sure he talked himself out of turning himself in a thousand times. Then he sees this heart wrenching story and, rather than be an impetus, he reacts to it as an excuse. This is my chance. My opening. I can site this story as my reason for coming forward. My benevolent confession. But he's still a coward and has to drag his ex girlfriend into his shit. Again.

Thats his story.
Her story blends in with his reappearance and takes off from there.
A contrast & a reversal.

She's not lucky enough to be left alone with her conscious. She's harassed into escalating things.

Crocodile

Oh he was definitely an asshole back during the accident, no doubt about that. I think he would say the same. I just didn't read him as such in the years later version. He seemed genuine & contrite.

I don't think he was saying he was going to tell the widow about her too. Just himself. And not even necessarily a full confession, I got the impression he was talking about even just anonymously letting her know so she could have some closure, like with a letter or email etc. That's why crocodile said 'no, there's ways they can trace those things' or something like that. She didn't want him to even let the widow know anonymously, even without mentioning them at all.

Yeah I think we agree on this. They made a point to have a scene showing her crying after each one of the four deaths/murders. I think that was on purpose. The title is about her crocodile tears / not giving a fuck.

Love this show. They don't knock it out of the park every single time but I appreciate that they want to.

Ahh, she was scared of the tech....I might have to watch it again. So maybe he wasn't consciously trying to bring her down with him in that misery loves company kind of way, but he was still putting her life at risk.

I felt that was a trigger or an excuse. I imagine this guy was a wreck his entire life because of this incident, but was too much of a coward to do the right thing. I'm sure he talked himself out of turning himself in a thousand times. Then he sees this heart wrenching story and, rather than be an impetus, he reacts to it as an excuse. This is my chance. My opening. I can site this story as my reason for coming forward. My benevolent confession. But he's still a coward and has to drag his ex girlfriend into his shit. Again.

Thats his story.
Her story blends in with his reappearance and takes off from there.
A contrast & a reversal.

She's not lucky enough to be left alone with her conscious. She's harassed into escalating things.

Crocodile

Again, I think you're skipping the part where she was against him even letting the widow know anonymously. I would maybe agree with you if he was trying to fall on the sword, and bring her down too, but he wasn't. He just wanted to let the widow have some closure and move on with her life, because he found out that they had another victim (her) they didn't know about, who was still living with this and that was really fucking him up (as it should). Meanwhile he tells crocodile, and she doesn't really give a fuck that someone is out there living in some twisted hope. I don't think their success levels played into it, I think their morality & character did. And I don't see those as connected.

Ahh, she was scared of the tech....I might have to watch it again. So maybe he wasn't consciously trying to bring her down with him in that misery loves company kind of way, but he was still putting her life at risk.

Yep, she wasn't willing to risk even a little bit to end the lifelong misery they were still putting someone else through. Damn crocobitch!

Crocodile

Again, I think you're skipping the part where she was against him even letting the widow know anonymously. I would maybe agree with you if he was trying to fall on the sword, and bring her down too, but he wasn't. He just wanted to let the widow have some closure and move on with her life, because he found out that they had another victim (her) they didn't know about, who was still living with this and that was really fucking him up (as it should). Meanwhile he tells crocodile, and she doesn't really give a fuck that someone is out there living in some twisted hope. I don't think their success levels played into it, I think their morality & character did. And I don't see those as connected.
I'm going to have to watch that reunion scene again.
If anonymous was the way he was going then yeah, she's cold blooded (maybe it had nothing to do with the tears afterall...).
But if the tech was powerful enough to trace even an anonymous confession then I like my position on this.

I'm going to have to watch that reunion scene again.
If anonymous was the way he was going then yeah, she's cold blooded (maybe it had nothing to do with the tears afterall...).
But if the tech was powerful enough to trace even an anonymous confession then I like my position on this.

Crocodile

I think the title can be both, her uncaring tears and cold-blooded nature. I mean it's really one and the same anyway right?

Yeah check that scene out again sometime, and let me know what you think. What's funny is his idea - dropping a note or email somehow - almost certainly would have been less risky than all the shit she ended up having to do, lol. They might not have been able to trace an anonymous email sent the right way, but they sure as fuck traced the shit out of that guinea pig, lol.

I'm not sure how I feel about Crocodile. That skinny ass chick is strong as fuck to kill her ex like that straight snapped his neck with her forearm and then dragged him to the dump spot from her car.

Black Museum felt like an IRL Rick and Morty episode. My favorite episode of then new season.

Also, I felt that Metalhead was underrated and USS Callister was overrated.

I watched USS Callister yesterday, I really liked it. That was the first episode of Black Mirror I've ever seen.

What is black mirror? :mad:

I dont feel like watching it!!!!!!!

give me some cliffs!!

<You11>

What is black mirror? :mad:

I dont feel like watching it!!!!!!!

give me some cliffs!!

<You11>
It’s an anthology series about the dangers of technology. All episodes take place in the near but unclear exactly when future. Sort of Twilight Zoney but it’s own thing.

Back