Black Friday is over, what did you all get? First impression of the new gear?

iFossil

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I went for broke and got 1 venum shorts, 2 venum shirts, 2 tatami gi, 2 Lonsdale, 1 Fairtex, 1 uma gloves and 1 valor bjj belt.

Haven't received most of the stuff yet, but I got these Lonsdale gloves in hand.

L7cCnTI.jpg

Really had never seen any Lonsdale stuff that were even considered half decent before these. All trash tier.

However, these Lonsdale are totally different, "Barn Burner" they called are their most expensive gloves and they really impressed me a ton on hands(Haven't used them yet)

Originally sold at £130 now Sport Direct selling them for £55 and the sale is still going on, real good deal imo. So anyone else from the UK can keep an eye out for these.

Great leather, great wrist support, great padding, good construction, nice compact gloves. Stitching can be done a even slightly better, but no loose thread of course, overall pretty flawless.

Last edited:
I got a Samsung Galaxy S7 for £0 up front and staying on the same contract I'm currently on but signed up for another 24 months. All I had to do was call EE and tell them Vodafone were doing the phone for £0 up front and I was leaving if they didn't match it.

I also got £15 a month off my tv/internet by doing the same thing and calling BT up and telling them I wanted their Black Friday deal or I was leaving.

Probably not the sort of gear you were after but yours looks good ;)

16oz Sabas Prime.

10oz Winning Am-10 Amateur.

Asics JB Elite 1.0 wrestling shoes (worn by Hopkins in Kovalev fight, and Lomachenko in Russell fight).

Cleto Reyes boxing boots.

144hz refresh rate 24" monitor.

RX480 video card.

Ringside air dome body protector.

Left over Turkeys. No wonder I'm still sleepy.

Won some decent money with parlay bets of Pacquiao/Ward/Mcgregor/Lomachenko so it was super black friday for me lol. Turned $200 into $650.

Not everything has arrived yet but I plan on giving short reviews on some.

Last edited:
Got a new Galaxy S7
New home office chair from la-zy boy. Going to be working a bit more from home during the winter
Missed out of getting RingToCage headgear and guard. Was supposed to be gift from someone and they missed it. Now I have to wait for another sale.

Traded my Iphone 4s in for an Iphone SE...

paid nothing down, 15 bucks extra on my monthly phone bill. however we found a new plan that lowered my monthly bill by 20 bucks with pretty much the same features.

So walked away saving 5 bucks a month.

Lol.

16oz Sabas Prime.

10oz Winning Am-10 Amateur.

Asics JB Elite 1.0 wrestling shoes (worn by Hopkins in Kovalev fight, and Lomachenko in Russell fight).

Cleto Reyes boxing boots.

144hz refresh rate 24" monitor.

RX480 video card.

Ringside air dome body protector.

Left over Turkeys. No wonder I'm still sleepy.

Won some decent money with parlay bets of Pacquiao/Ward/Mcgregor/Lomachenko so it was super black friday for me lol. Turned $200 into $650.

Not everything has arrived yet but I plan on giving short reviews on some.
Damn, man.

I got handwraps, TU DAs, and a pair of Fairtex BGL6s...

TU DAs are the only thing that arrived and they are okay looking. Haven't use them yet. I might sell them...

Damn, man.

I got handwraps, TU DAs, and a pair of Fairtex BGL6s...

TU DAs are the only thing that arrived and they are okay looking. Haven't use them yet. I might sell them...

I thought about getting the DA too, but ship to the uk would be the same as buying them full price +20% even with the BF discount. +the chance of paying custom.

Look like you are not that impressed by them then? Recommend people skipping them out?

I thought about getting the DA too, but ship to the uk would be the same as buying them full price +20% even with the BF discount. +the chance of paying custom.

Look like you are not that impressed by them then? Recommend people skipping them out?
Oh, no. I haven't tried them out yet so I don't have any thoughts on them. I realized that I don't actually need them. Haha.

Right.

And true, I never need any gear with the amount I have currently...

I just realized I never posted here. Over the last month or so I got:

black and metallic blue 16 ounce Casanova lace-ups.

Medium titanium fit-cuff Cleto Reyes gloves

A Cleto Reyes enswell

10 ounce red and blue Rival RFX bag gloves

14 ounce gold Rival RS11V

Rival corner scissors

A set of Russ Anber DVDs

From TopBoxer (on order):

A set of catch and release gloves
A set of Mach-1 mitts
A body protector
One other item (a surprise for you guys)

I just realized I never posted here. Over the last month or so I got:

black and metallic blue 16 ounce Casanova lace-ups.

Medium titanium fit-cuff Cleto Reyes gloves

A Cleto Reyes enswell

10 ounce red and blue Rival RFX bag gloves

14 ounce gold Rival RS11V

Rival corner scissors

A set of Russ Anber DVDs

From TopBoxer (on order):

A set of catch and release gloves
A set of Mach-1 mitts
A body protector
One other item (a surprise for you guys)
What are the Russ Anber DVDs about?

And do you do corner work?

I wish I lived near you.

What are the Russ Anber DVDs about?

And do you do corner work?

I wish I lived near you.
The anber DVDs deals with teaching techniques and hopefully give me a better understanding of being a coach. I want to start cornering but I hate being unprepared. I want to practice before I have to do it on the spot.

The anber DVDs deals with teaching techniques and hopefully give me a better understanding of being a coach. I want to start cornering but I hate being unprepared. I want to practice before I have to do it on the spot.
Cool. Are those the ones with a young Lemieux?

Did they offer to cover your return postage too? Not that I think they would perform any differently, but that was clearly a bad pair.

Back