BJJ VS Muay Thai on the street

ok that scenario you played out seem way to hard for me to take down. so after after a solid right kick, got him in the clinch slamming multiple knees, he gets up you land a big elbow he heeps coming land a few punches keeps coming land knees again and then he falls?

So during that whole time your just beating the shit out of him instead of high tailing out of there? I'm sure by that point you had plenty of time for you and your girl to GTFO of there and he would be too beat up to catch you.

And after talking all that a choke takes him out? Sounds like a bad mofo to me how do you know that he would get choke out and get right back up after that? lol

Some dudes are really hard to knock out but very easy to choke out.

Being highly trained in both i would way more prefer to end it quickly & surely with a choke from standing, but i have options so i wouldn't rule anything out :)

Yes that is all true. I am a big fan of BJJ too but what about on the street ? Can you risk taking down a guy on the street and finishing the fight fast and GTFO outta the place ?

You know that I can choke you standing. right?

Yes, but isn't it easy to get outta a standing RNC ? Lol.

Who is talking about RNC?

Well anyway, you just gotta believe in yourselve.
That is the bottom line in self defense.
Otherwise, it does not matter what you believe is the best MA, you will just drop your nuts under pressure.

I mean you must pretty good at MT if you can KO some street punks.
Do you train MT?
Have you fought in MT?
Have you KO some guys in MT?
Have you KO some biggers guys bareknuckles?

No, I am looking to train in one of the 2. that's why im asking lol.

Can you afford $150 per month for BJJ membership?
A $150-250 for one single uniform. You will need at leat 2 Gi. You can find cheaper but people usually like the expensive one.
Competition fees are like $50-100 if you want to compete.

A $150-250 for one single uniform. You will need at leat 2 Gi. You can find cheaper but people usually like the expensive one.

Yes, I can afford that.

Theres always nogi

Excellent, most people would find the price of BJJ is bit too steep.

Do you have any MMA clubs in your area?

Yes.

Monday: BJJ 20.00 - 22.00
Wednesay: MMA 19.00 -20.30 & BJJ 20.30 - 22.00
Thursday: No Gi / Submission Grappling 20.00 - 22.00
Friday: 20.00 - 22.00 BJJ

Yes, I can afford that.

Dude go to a local boxing club and take lessons for free. Then go take BJJ for the ground game.

Muay Thai is good but it cost more and it takes a lot of time to get good with the kicks and knees. Besides how many knock outs do you see in MMA that come from kicks versus punches.

I have trained in both Muay Thai and Boxing....Boxing is easier to learn and if you go to a local gym that is at a recreation center it usually is free.

Yes.

Monday: BJJ 20.00 - 22.00
Wednesay: MMA 19.00 -20.30 & BJJ 20.30 - 22.00
Thursday: No Gi / Submission Grappling 20.00 - 22.00
Friday: 20.00 - 22.00 BJJ

There you go, my friend.

Make this club your second home and train in every classes possible.

Do they do striking?

Still have to buy couple of sprawl shorts and a few tap out rash guard.

Funny on how I always think of BJJ as GI training.
When I think of Tapout stuff I think of the wannabees that wear them.......I don't have anything that is from Tapout. The wannabees ruined it for me.

The poster above me feels my pain. I know what you mean. I had a pair of Tapout skull togas, and i hated those motherfuckers with a passion. I ended up giving them away.

Back