BJ Penn looks back on Rodriguez loss: why didn’t I just slam him on his head like Frankie Edgar???

Maybe because you're not as good as Frankie BJ.
Siver is about where you are at in this stage of your career.

BJ's fans are the most delusional on Sherdog, by far. Only BJ himself is more delusional...

Because you suck bj. You arent frankie. Frankie is your superior.

No offense but I just love watching Penn take a beating. Hope to see him fight on some more.

Penn has peaked right about the Stevenson fight...maintained it right by Sanchez and was on a downhill when he faced Edgar. Went back to WW where everyone are basically bigger and walking average 185 or more. there are still few fighters he can beat. I'd love to see Penn vs. Alvarez maybe as a final fight.

Eddie would smash BJ. Not a good idea.

tumblr_mv2yzjLSUF1qdm9llo1_500.gif

no answer

You didn't slam him like Frankie because you're not Frankie.

BJ did have solid wrestling earlier in his career but who knows what he has left in him now.

More defensive wrestling

He never trained at JackWink for the Yair fight.

This fight, from all indications, he did his camp in Hilo. I'd assume just doing the same old, same old. I do believe siver is going to beat Penn.

After which the powers that be should do everything they can to make sure he never fights.

God help us if he wins and looks half way decent doing it.

Actually I think it was the Conor fight that cracked his chin and his confidence worse than ever before.
He was in a few wars before conor and his chin seemed to be cracked before conor - with conor he was in with a good counter puncher who is patient and fought the most retarded fight ever - throw in an already declined chin and it was a disaster waiting to happen.

He survives via toughness. If Dustin had been more patient and picked his shots better he would have finished Eddie just as easy as conor did.

"Fought valiantly". No he got his ass kicked while offering zero resistance. That's not fighting valiantly it's called being outclassed. BJ was the man, but he isn't anymore. I honestly hope he loses to Siver because I don't want him to feel like beating a guy who is 38 and hasn't fought in 2 years means his career has been rejuvenated.

Back