BJ Penn looks back on Rodriguez loss: why didn’t I just slam him on his head like Frankie Edgar???

Horse shit, BJ implemented a totally unexpected gameplan and initially took Fitch by surprise... and then was completely out grappled and spent the last round and a half with Fitch in full mount punching him in the face.

The fact that BJ was gifted a draw in that match was completely absurd and you could see it when his corner heard and jumped up and cheered. They knew their guy got totally owned for most of the fight and round 3 was about the most clear cut 10-8 that you will find... and before you ask, I was in the second row.

Don't just look at wikipedia, go watch the fight.

Nah, round 1 and 2 for BJ 10-9. Round 3 was Fitch but that was a questionable 10-8. If that was a clear cut 10-8 the 3rd round of the first Hendo/Shogun fight is a 10-6.

Oh, the 2nd row is a worse view than on PPV.

Hopefully we see Motivated BJ this weekend. #TimeToRetire !!!

Penn has peaked right about the Stevenson fight...maintained it right by Sanchez and was on a downhill when he faced Edgar. Went back to WW where everyone are basically bigger and walking average 185 or more. there are still few fighters he can beat. I'd love to see Penn vs. Alvarez maybe as a final fight.
You say there are still a few fighters he can beat then you say you'd like to see him against Alvarez. I don't think Alvarez is in that group that he can still beat. BJ would get knocked around by Alvarez pretty easily at this point. Would be brutal.

latest

Penn has peaked right about the Stevenson fight...maintained it right by Sanchez and was on a downhill when he faced Edgar. Went back to WW where everyone are basically bigger and walking average 185 or more. there are still few fighters he can beat. I'd love to see Penn vs. Alvarez maybe as a final fight.

Are you fucking stupid?

BJ is just delusional at this point. Yair hit him with everything but the kitchen sink and it never occured to him to try to take Yair down and maybe utilize his superior BJJ skills? I don't think he could get him down, but it should have been his game plan. What a one sided beating.

Horse shit, BJ implemented a totally unexpected gameplan and initially took Fitch by surprise... and then was completely out grappled and spent the last round and a half with Fitch in full mount punching him in the face.

The fact that BJ was gifted a draw in that match was completely absurd and you could see it when his corner heard and jumped up and cheered. They knew their guy got totally owned for most of the fight and round 3 was about the most clear cut 10-8 that you will find... and before you ask, I was in the second row.

Don't just look at wikipedia, go watch the fight.

Bj easily outgrappled fitch for almost ten minutes straight. Him gassing and fitch dominating the third caused the draw. Watch the fight.

Lmao. Because you're not as good as Frankie, BJ, never have been. Like Edgar watching the Aldo-McG fight and moaning, "why didn't I just one punch him in 13 seconds??"

Bj easily outgrappled fitch for almost ten minutes straight. Him gassing and fitch dominating the third caused the draw. Watch the fight.

I did, from the second row. Much of the fight happened within meters of where I was sitting... some of it was on the other side of the cage.

Always that one dude that comes in and says "Penn slowed down in the Edgar fight" no he was just beaten by a better fighter.

Can somoeone please talk some sense into BJ. If I have to do it, it wont be pretty.

I did, from the second row. Much of the fight happened within meters of where I was sitting... some of it was on the other side of the cage.

Cool story, bro. You should actually watch the fight, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back