Bizarre narrative that Ngannou cuts to make 265

/Thread

This is true in every single division. If you're coming in anything more than one pound below the weight limit you aren't cutting weight. People don't cut extra weight for fun.

I remember people on here claiming Machida wasn't a small LHW when he was weighing in at like 201 because "he just cuts extra bro he wants to be light". Jesus christ lol

There are rare exceptions, such as Gustafsson weighing in one fight at 203. There is no way he doesn't cut weight.

But suggesting that Ngannou, who weighed 253 vs Arlovski now cuts weight one fight later while weighing 262 is absurd.

First of all, if he cuts to make 65 he'd weigh in at 264-265.5. Why burn off 3 extra lbs when you can be at 264-265.5 and still have the fight be on. If you fought you know how much suffering those extra lbs are but then again Ngannou has never looked sucked up at weigh ins. Regardless, it'd be utterly unnecessary.
Second of all, Ngannou's fight prior to Overeem took place in Jan, 28,2017 so that's nearly one year of a 10 lb weight gain which is very achievable at his size.

First of all, if he cuts to make 65 he'd weigh in at 264-265.5. Why burn off 3 extra lbs when you can be at 264-265.5 and still have the fight be on. If you fought you know how much suffering those extra lbs are but then again Ngannou has never looked sucked up at weigh ins. Regardless, it'd be utterly unnecessary.
Second of all, Ngannou's fight prior to Overeem took place in Jan, 28,2017 so that's nearly one year of a 10 lb weight gain which is very achievable at his size.

Yeah 10 lbs is fine, but like I said, the implication that he is now "cutting weight" would mean he's pushing 270 and close to 20 lbs heavier than his previous fight.

I believe he simply came in in 9 lbs heavier than his previous fight, just like the scales suggest.

My best advice to you is do not take anything Joe Rogan says seriously. He is an idiot and in his mind, he was actually once a UFC champion. Dude is a clown.
Lol @ your unbridled hate for Joe Rogan.

Secondly, I've never heard Joe say anything that would lead anyone to remotely believe he thinks he is as accomplished as a UFC fighter, in terms of combat sports. Not sure where you're getting that notion, though I'm sure you've created that narrative in your mind to justify your hate for him, lol.

Lol @ your unbridled hate for Joe Rogan.

Secondly, I've never heard Joe say anything that would lead anyone to remotely believe he thinks he is as accomplished as a UFC fighter, in terms of combat sports. Not sure where you're getting that notion, though I'm sure you've created that narrative in your mind to justify your hate for him, lol.
What’s even worse than Joe Rogan himself is his pathetic legion of fans who worship his podcast as if it’s part of a cultistic ritual of their day to day life. News flash, Joe Rogan is for casual mma newbies who know nothing about the sport. If you consider yourself a real mma fan, you should not listen to him or anything he says. He is for casual mma fans only. Get a grip on yourself.

UFC saying bullshit to create hype?
No way!

Schaub tells me he's got 40 pounds in his hog

And schaub would know this

What’s even worse than Joe Rogan himself is his pathetic legion of fans who worship his podcast as if it’s part of a cultistic ritual of their day to day life. News flash, Joe Rogan is for casual mma newbies who know nothing about the sport. If you consider yourself a real mma fan, you should not listen to him or anything he says. He is for casual mma fans only. Get a grip on yourself.

His podcast is pretty good. Lots of either interesting or entertaining guests on - and most of it isn't even fighting related.

Honestly I think the ufc is just tryna generate some hype. A guy that big could easily put on 20 pounds for weight in purposes, he's still more or less the same size, which is absolutely gigantic lol

How about you don't worry about who other people spend their time watching on YouTube and assuming anything based on that? Yeah, sounds good.

I was watching UFC 1 on VHS from Blockbuster when you were still in your dad's nutsack, so gtfo with your elitist bs.

How about you don't worry about who other people spend their time watching on YouTube and assuming anything based on that? Yeah, sounds good.

I was watching UFC 1 on VHS from Blockbuster when you were still in your dad's nutsack, so gtfo with your elitist bs.
Wow you’re so cool! You are the hardest of the hardcore fans! I admire your longevity in watching a sport and after 24 years still knowing nothing about it! Congratulations!

Wow you’re so cool! You are the hardest of the hardcore fans! I admire your longevity in watching a sport and after 24 years still knowing nothing about it! Congratulations!
Seeing as how you've never read anything I've posted or had an interaction with me here, I doubt you know anything about my knowledge of this fine sport, but I will forgive you for being too young and ignorant to resist being a vitriolic troll when confronted with opposing views.

Seeing as how you've never read anything I've posted or had an interaction with me here, I doubt you know anything about my knowledge of this fine sport, but I will forgive you for being too young and ignorant to resist being a vitriolic troll when confronted with opposing views.
You’re not worth my time. If you want someone to teach you about mma, I’m going to have to politely decline. You can pose all you want but your noob is showing. Have a good one!

You’re not worth my time. If you want someone to teach you about mma, I’m going to have to politely decline. You can pose all you want but your noob is showing. Have a good one!
Trollollollolloll

You post on Sherdog..preach brotha lol

Hahhaa you tell him!

What a cunt :D

He was already huge back when he was working in construction in Africa.
giphy.gif

As someone who has been around construction his entire life, that's some quality shoveling going on in that gif.

Back