Bizarre narrative that Ngannou cuts to make 265

That’s ridiculous. His whole podcast consists of him getting high and going on random tangents and making baseless claims off anectdotal evidence. Dude is a goofball. It’s all smoke and mirrors and you’ve fallen hook, line, and sinker. Don’t be naive.
I'd suggest watching podcasts with some of his more Interesting guests. Ronda Patrick, Duncan trussell, Graham hancock, TIm ferris, aubrey marcus, and a few others.

Hard to really form an opinion on a dude when you haven't even watched a podcast, lol.

And yet you call me naive.

Lol at everybody who thinks that ngannou isn't on steroids. You people are incredibly naive and don't know shit about steroids or gaining muscle mass

I'd suggest watching podcasts with some of his more Interesting guests. Ronda Patrick, Duncan trussell, Graham hancock, TIm ferris, aubrey marcus, and a few others.

Hard to really form an opinion on a dude when you haven't even watched a podcast, lol.

His talks with Ronda Patrick, Gad Sadd, Andreas Antonopoulos, Michael Wood (amazing talk), and Sam Harris are outstanding. Also his talk with Bret Weinstein is especially eye opening and I view as a must-listen discussion about race and the new Left.

No one cuts extra weight that they don't need to cut so until he starts coming in at 265 it's bs.

/Thread

This is true in every single division. If you're coming in anything more than one pound below the weight limit you aren't cutting weight. People don't cut extra weight for fun.

I remember people on here claiming Machida wasn't a small LHW when he was weighing in at like 201 because "he just cuts extra bro he wants to be light". Jesus christ lol

Lol that’s funny. So you tell me to listen to his podcast but mention the ones with the most interesting GUESTS. That’s my point. Dude is just a stoner who gets high and listens to actual smart people talk and then he makes points by running off exactly what they say. Dude is a dummy. I’ll admit I’ve listened to his podcast when he has interesting guests on. But I will never listen to hear Joe Rogan talk. Dude is a fraud and wanna be fighter. He’s like a poor man’s Jimmy Smith. Yeah that’s right, I went there.

Lol that’s funny. So you tell me to listen to his podcast but mention the ones with the most interesting GUESTS. That’s my point. Dude is just a stoner who gets high and listens to actual smart people talk and then he makes points by running off exactly what they say. Dude is a dummy. I’ll admit I’ve listened to his podcast when he has interesting guests on. But I will never listen to hear Joe Rogan talk. Dude is a fraud and wanna be fighter. He’s like a poor man’s Jimmy Smith. Yeah that’s right, I went there.

i believe teh fact that you will make up your complete opinion of someone without even hearing much of their work(clearly) says more about your Idiocy than It does Joes.

You sound like a pretty low IQ dude who's mostly talking out your ass.

When you are a 265 lbs guy your weight can fluctuate a tad.. so it's not all that strange one week to be a tad lower and the next heavier for a guy that size he won't even feel extra 5 pounds cause he ate better that week.

His cutting if it does happen it must be recently and don't expect like something serious not at all I just think he skips a meal, toilet trip and maybe maybe a shot training session 30 min 1 hour to sweat a tad that's it. Doing that he gets a tad under the limit of the HW.. that could explain the extra pounds under the limit and when he is back in the cage full of food and water okay maybe he hits 270 but that's about it he wasn't like the guy that legit had to cut water weight and came into at 285-295 lbs.

Still a 270 lbs low fat fighter is scary plus he got some good speed and bounce in his steps for that size, let's see his cardio put to a big test in a hard fight.. those muscle with low fat could easily backfire on him.

i believe teh fact that you will make up your complete opinion of someone without even hearing much of their work(clearly) says more about your Idiocy than It does Joes.

You sound like a pretty low IQ dude who's mostly talking out your ass.
Anybody who thinks Joe Rogan is some mecca of knowledge and insight is a moron. But to each his own, best of luck to you and your future endeavors. Thanks for wasting my time with your nonsensical drivel.

thank god this got resolved. i haven't been this vested since the report of shallowking's demise.

Fighters who ever cut water weight to weigh in at 265 (or 266) in the UFC:
Big Foot,
Big Ben,
Big Tim,
Fat Mir (vs arlovski, claimed to be over 280 iirc),
Lesnar,
Hunt,
Lewis,
Carwin (vs Lesnar iirc, claimed he'd be around 290 in the cage which seemed false just by looking at),
Albini,
Shawn Jordan,

Guys like Gonzaga and Mittrione shed the extra fat during camp and don't actually "cut", as in dehydrate themselves to make weight, and normally weigh in around 260.

This is just a list I made on the fly.
Must be missing others, especially newer guys, since I don't follow mma as closely anymore.

Also Gabi Garcia will soon have to cut. LOL.

I'm not even sure I get the point of this thread? How many heavyweights currently on the UFC roster actually cut weight to be below 265?

Sure almost all of them maintain a certain type of diet to remain at their optimal weight for training but to suggest that guys that weight 230-240 are cutting weight to get this is silly. If they were cutting weight to make the limit (like Brock does for example) they would come in approximately on weight or slightly below. Weight cutting is never the healthiest and fighters cut the bare minimum to make the weight requirements come weigh in times.

He made weight, all I care about. Him trying to mind game people by possibly over cutting seems weird though

Back