Bitcoin currency of the future?

I am the Bitcoin King.

You guys are complaining that Bitcoin is too expensive to get into now.

That's what people said when Bitcoin was going for $100 a pop.

That's what people will say when Bitcoin will go for $100,000 each.

That's what people will say when Bitcoin will go for $1,000,000 each.

You will be kicking your own fucking asses when this time comes for not investing right NOW. December 6th, 2017. You'd wish you had a time machine to go back to NOW.

This is exactly why I have a large investment in Bitcoin. Not necessarily to make more money. I've already made my money 4 years ago.

I just don't want to regret it later on in the future of not having bitcoin stashed.
This.
shia.gif

Because when btc is 100,000 you'll wish you would have got in at 13k.
When it's 1,000,000 you'll wish you got in at 100k.

It's easy to say that now but what makes you think it will continue? I'm new to investment. How much do you think I should buy and which website can I trust to buy bitcoins?

It's easy to say that now but what makes you think it will continue? I'm new to investment. How much do you think I should buy and which website can I trust to buy bitcoins?
It's pretty much a guarantee that btc will continue to grow in the short-mid term. The thing about btc and other cryptos is that there's a limited supply. 21 million bit coins is all that there will ever be. As more people become aware and buy in the price will drive up (obviously) and the limited supply of them aids in that. The real question is if the trend will continue in the long term 3-5+ years for now. As I recommended to Tamriel, definitely get on youtube and educate yourself. Go on a binge and watch as much as you can about bitcoin and other coins.

Here are my recommended steps from there
1) Download the coinbase app, set up an account, verify your identity, add your payment method and begin buying eth/ltc/btc
2) Once you've gotten the hang of things, set up on Gdax (also owned by coinbase) and start trading for lower fees
3) Learn how to move your coins to an offline hardware wallet. You don't want to keep your currency on the exchanges long term in case anything were to ever happen to the exchange.

Coinbase is experiencing high volume of traffic
Please try again later

Please try again later
All the exchanges have had an extremely hard time keeping up with the massive influx of new users and volume going on. The Kraken exchange is in a downward death spiral from the errors and bugs caused by the increase. In comparison coinbase is very stable. Just try again in a bit.

More and more gov't and financial leaders are calling it nonsense. Who's gonna price their goods and services in bitcoins when the value is so volatile?

More and more gov't and financial leaders are calling it nonsense. Who's gonna price their goods and services in bitcoins when the value is so volatile?
Cryptocurrencies are a direct threat to the power structure of government and finance. They're scared shitless and of course they're going to say negative things about it. Bitcoin is volatile but its volatile in an extreme upward direction. I would love to be paid in BTC for my work so my paycheck grows 100x in value from its original worth.

Cryptocurrencies are a direct threat to the power structure of government and finance. They're scared shitless and of course they're going to say negative things about it. Bitcoin is volatile but its volatile in an extreme upward direction. I would love to be paid in BTC for my work so my paycheck grows 100x in value from its original worth.
Unsustainable. The bubble will burst. There's no magic since there's a bunch of copycats.

Please try again later
i think coinbase is a bit in over their head with all this, they are under-staffed and the CEO doesn't seem to be the smartest guy around.

i think once Square allows users to buy bitcoin, it will replace coinbase as a much better alternative, should happen soon

Unsustainable. The bubble will burst. There's no magic since there's a bunch of copycats.
The bubble IS the copycats. The .com bubble bursting didn't mean that companies like Google were actually worthless. Instead it meant all these bullshit websites that had no value went belly up. Similarly the bubble burst in cryptos will be all these bullshit copy cat coins going belly up, not that the main cryptos will disappear. Are you just mad you didn't listen when you heard about btc years ago?

The bubble IS the copycats. The .com bubble bursting didn't mean that companies like Google were actually worthless. Instead it meant all these bullshit websites that had no value went belly up. Similarly the bubble burst in cryptos will be all these bullshit copy cat coins going belly up, not that the main cryptos will disappear. Are you just mad you didn't listen when you heard about btc years ago?
yeah someone said something similar on cnbc today on squawk box about the dotcom bubble and google. still a lot of good companies came from that time. they pretty much talk about bitcoin at least once now on cnbc these days, its going mainstream, even if its a bubble which everything eventually is so its not a big deal, we're still in early stages so who cares.

here's a guide for people to learn how it works:

DBlnMI0UAAAv7yt.jpg-large.jpeg

yeah someone said something similar on cnbc today on squawk box about the dotcom bubble and google. still a lot of good companies came from that time. they pretty much talk about bitcoin at least once now on cnbc these days, its going mainstream, even if its a bubble which everything eventually is so its not a big deal, we're still in early stages so who cares.

here's a guide for people to learn how it works:

DBlnMI0UAAAv7yt.jpg-large.jpeg
LOL
People have been screaming bubble during every bull run. Wish I would have gotten in two years ago when a co-worker approached me at work about working on his crypto app with him. BTC was on my radar since then, but I forgot about it for a while, next thing I know they're @ 10k. I'm learning from my mistakes and not going to go through FOMO again. I'm fully on board now and not going to make the same mistake. Going to try and aware my family during the holiday vacay this christmas, we'll see how it goes.

could someone pm me with detailed instructions on how to acquire iota? like im borderline retarded with many things, this is one of them. i need clear and specific instructions. i also dont have bitcoin to buy them with, how can i just hook it up to deposit somewhere with my debt card? thanks in advance for anyone who takes pity on me and helps

could someone pm me with detailed instructions on how to acquire iota? like im borderline retarded with many things, this is one of them. i need clear and specific instructions. i also dont have bitcoin to buy them with, how can i just hook it up to deposit somewhere with my debt card? thanks in advance for anyone who takes pity on me and helps
Wanting to buy some IOTA as well but there are no major exchanges trading it other than bitfinex and they just cut ties with all US customers.

Can someone explain to me how this thing reached 13k and 14k in one day?

How exactly are the copycats' tech and infrastructure etc. shittier than bitcoin? This type of scheme relies on there always being a bigger fool like ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes.

How exactly are the copycats' tech and infrastructure etc. shittier than bitcoin? This type of scheme relies on there always being a bigger fool like ponzi schemes, pyramid schemes.
I'm not sure you're aware of the terms you're using. A ponzi scheme has someone at the top controlling it. Crypto currency by definition is not issued or controlled by anyone.
It's going on the largest us options trading exchange on December 18th and is now a legally accepted form of payment in Japan. Does that sound like a ponzi scheme to You? Stop being bitter you didn't get in early and just get in on the train before you off yourself

I'm not sure you're aware of the terms you're using. A ponzi scheme has someone at the top controlling it. Crypto currency by definition is not issued or controlled by anyone.
It's going on the largest us options trading exchange on December 18th and is now a legally accepted form of payment in Japan. Does that sound like a ponzi scheme to You? Stop being bitter you didn't get in early and just get in on the train before you off yourself
A ponzi scheme relies on new fools to put money in to enrich the mastermind and existing investors. See the similarity? At some point, criminals will refuse to buy overvalued bitcoins to do shady transactions.

Back