Bitcoin currency of the future?

I'm not sure you're aware of the terms you're using. A ponzi scheme has someone at the top controlling it. Crypto currency by definition is not issued or controlled by anyone.
It's going on the largest us options trading exchange on December 18th and is now a legally accepted form of payment in Japan. Does that sound like a ponzi scheme to You? Stop being bitter you didn't get in early and just get in on the train before you off yourself
No offense but if you're making millions off your early investments why are you sticking around here arguing on an internet forum? You should be getting blown by hookers in a yacht right now

No offense but if you're making millions off your early investments why are you sticking around here arguing on an internet forum? You should be getting blown by hookers in a yacht right now
I didn't make millions and never claimed as much. I'm pretty much just getting started on investing but I've been paying attention the crypto for a couple years now. Wish I bought in at 52$ when I was considering it :mad:

A ponzi scheme relies on new fools to put money in to enrich the mastermind and existing investors. See the similarity? At some point, criminals will refuse to buy overvalued bitcoins to do shady transactions.
There is no mastermind and there is nobody in control of it. Criminals already launder money and do shady transactions with regular currency so this is a silly argument. Why don't you do some research into the underlying block chain technology so you can see why its so revolutionary and understand why it's going to change the world?

I didn't make millions and never claimed as much. I'm pretty much just getting started on investing but I've been paying attention the crypto for a couple years now. Wish I bought in at 52$ when I was considering it :mad:

Isn't it too late at this point? I don't have 14k sitting around just to buy one single bitcoin. Even if I put in 100 dollars the best I could get is maybe a hundred more? Doesn't seem worth the trouble. I just don't see how one bitcoin will go past 100k USD.

Isn't it too late at this point? I don't have 14k sitting around just to buy one single bitcoin. Even if I put in 100 dollars the best I could get is maybe a hundred more? Doesn't seem worth the trouble. I just don't see how one bitcoin will go past 100k USD.
Not at all. And bitcoin isn't the only crypto. Even if you just put 100$ into bitcoin and it goes to 100k your 100 turns into 1k. Do you have any other investment opportunities with similar returns? If you do sign me up. I see bitcoin hitting 500k to one million by 2025. Put a percentage or your income that you're willing to part with into bitcoin and litecoin, sit back and smile. Bitcoin is up 50% from last week.

i dropped 150 on coinbase that ill be moving over to binance shortly to grab some iotas, just bought 1% of a bitcoin. im in the game playas.

i dropped 150 on coinbase that ill be moving over to binance shortly to grab some iotas, just bought 1% of a bitcoin. im in the game playas.
Iota seems promising and if that's what you wanna do go for it but Id definitely get into ltc before too long

The pump and dump is in and the new guys are building the bottom of the pyramid while the schiesters are picking off the top.

I know nothing of bitcoin. So someone please educate. Why would the federal government allow a new currency to develop and take over the federal government's current currency? Without knowing anything about bitcoin, I would think if currency becomes digital it'll be the federal government that makes it so.

And what is stopping anyone from creating their own currency like bitcoin? What makes bitcoin have any value? Isn't it like someone making a new cash currency and calling the $1 dollar bill the $1 wolla bill?

I don't get it.

I know nothing of bitcoin. So someone please educate. Why would the federal government allow a new currency to develop and take over the federal government's current currency? Without knowing anything about bitcoin, I would think if currency becomes digital it'll be the federal government that makes it so.

And what is stopping anyone from creating their own currency like bitcoin? What makes bitcoin have any value? Isn't it like someone making a new cash currency and calling the $1 dollar bill the $1 wolla bill?

I don't get it.
It has nothing to do with allow. There's nothing they can do about it. It's outside of their control. Especially now that it's had such widespread adoption.

Guess you gotta study up on cryptos man. There is nothing stopping anyone from creating their own coin and that's where the bubble is. Dozens of all these bullshit coins that don't do anything. They derive their value from their underlying technology, the block chain.

The pump and dump is in and the new guys are building the bottom of the pyramid while the schiesters are picking off the top.
Another FOMO'ing douche that has no idea what he's talking about. You probably said the same thing at 10$... and 100... and 1000...and 10000. We're nearly at 16k. How mad are you??

<Waaah>

I got in on Litecoin at $28 (I only bought a handful of coins) and I bought a couple more around $50. I have know about BC for years. Unfortunately, I didn't know you didn't have to buy a whole coin until recently.

I got in on Litecoin at $28 (I only bought a handful of coins) and I bought a couple more around $50. I have know about BC for years. Unfortunately, I didn't know you didn't have to buy a whole coin until recently.
WAIT YOU DONT HAVE TO BUY A WHOLE COIN?!?!? THAT WAS THE ENTIRE REASON I HAVEN'T INVESTED IN BITCOIN...

fml lol.

I hate that shit like this gets turned into articles. Bitcoin is simply a penny stock that happened to work out. It was always a high risk high reward scenario. There are literally people killing themselves out of regret. If the wind blew the opposite direction people who sold at $100 would be the geniuses.
"a penny stock that worked out" or a new form of currency and asset class? Is litecoin a "penny stock that worked out"? It was originally pennies, now its 100$. How about monero? How about ethereum? All these "penny stocks" just happen to be working out?

Last edited:
I can't even verify my ID on coinbase, website is fucked

I can't even verify my ID on coinbase, website is fucked

What's it saying? You can only use a state issued ID like a driver license and no passport, and no paper/temp license. I had no issues verifying my ID. Took a front and back pic on the mobile app, 5 minutes later I was verified.

Are you kidding? It's a currency, not a stock. Don't you have pennies, or do you only have dollars?

Didn't we explain that to You? 16k now..

16k? Pfft... that was so an hour ago. 17k now.

I sold some hoping for a mini-crash like last week and then I'm buying back in... it has to do a mini-correction soon.

Back