Bitcoin currency of the future?

Ya, I know the winklevoss guys have tried it but it didn't work.

Looks like they are trying again with COIN but it doesn't exist yet. I will be in on that IPO if it happens.

I'll also be able to use Robinhood for crypto soon too. Well actually not. My state isn't on the list.
I've been seeing ads for bitcoin etfs and buying bitcoin with your ira. I assumed there was a working product out

How does Robinhood generate profit for the company?

I don't know for sure but there is a premium/gold package too. I am in a RH chat and many guys use it. Guys with more money than me. It is like a small fee per month that easily beats any other brokerage. Like, it allows you to trade after hours. Perks like that. Can't do that with free account. I plan on upgrading myself.

They also lend you money. Increase your buying power.

What is Gold Buying Power, and what are the benefits?
Gold Buying Power -- it’s money that we lend to you to buy stocks in the stock market. You can invest more, and keep any profits. It also gives you flexibility with your cash: if you see an opportunity and want to invest more, you can right away without depositing from your bank. And if you need to withdraw some cash from your account for day-to-day spending, you can use Gold buying power to keep the stocks you’ve got and not have to sell.

Do I get charged interest on top of the monthly charge for using Gold buying power?
No! You will not get charged interest or fees in addition to the fixed monthly charge of the tier you selected. We created a flat, once-per-month pricing structure to help make the cost of using leverage easier to understand. So rather than starting with an interest rate, and working out how long you may end up holding stocks purchased with Gold, you know exactly how much you’re spending up front. Pay once per month and you’re done. And of course, trades are commission-free. Always and forever.

How do I know when I’ve used Gold buying power rather than cash?
Gold Buying Power kicks in only once you’ve fully invested the cash in your account. That means even if you’ve upgraded to Robinhood Gold, but you’ve still got some cash that’s not invested in stock, you won’t be using Gold Buying Power. Once you’ve bought your first shares with Gold, we’ll update your Account Settings to show what percentage of the total value of stocks came from Gold Buying Power.

Let’s go over a simple example to illustrate this point. Suppose you have $3000 in your account – with $2800 in stocks and $200 cash– when you upgrade to Robinhood Gold with $2000 in added buying power. Using your shiny, new account, suppose you buy an additional $1000 of stock MEOW; under the hood, we’ll use the $200 in cash you had first, then use $800 in Gold Buying Power.

Last edited:
traders get on this....

Apricus biosciences inc

trading at 2.70 a share...
could potentially explode on feb 17th , when they get approval for a new breakthrough drug...
sorry its not crypto , but regular shares....

I would buy some crypto if they had ETFs. I don't think there are any and those who tried got shot down. An etf would be much easier than dealing with all these exchanges and shit.

I mean ETFs that actually track bitcoin and other prices. When bitcoin goes up, it goes up.
A couple hyped attempts were shot down last year. Only grumblings this year so I think it will actually happen and soon.

I'd be shocked if we go another year without a Bitcoin ETF and Ethereum ETF. Regulatory bodies are really making things difficult for themselves by not approving them and people will continue to risk losing money using existing exchanges, many of which are shady.

It will also help to keep money out of scams since people won't directly own the coins, therefore they can't be tempted to trade Bitcoin or Ethereum for other coins.

Last edited:
But that’s not all they’re doing. They’re creating their own blockchain and moving off of ETH’s. This allows companies to create their own smart contracts on their chain and they will have to use THOR to do so. Holding VEN will generate THOR much like NEO generates GAS. We’re still unsure how THOR will work as I believe GAS is 50% of NEO’s market value. The VeChain (VEN) rebranding is going to take place on February 26th. They’re going from VeChain (VEN) to VeChain Thor (VET). Holding VET in their wallet helps secure the network which is why they distribute THOR as an incentive for VET holders. The circulating supply is somewhat high, but it doesn’t take into consideration how many node holders there will be. Holding a node (10k VET, 50k VET, 250K VET) gives you a bonus % of THOR. Really exciting stuff.

Both of our posts are just touching on parts of it.

They have a contract with the Chinese government ffs. Having partnerships and associations with big companies is one thing, having a contract with the Chinese government is whole new level shit. How do you even put a value on that?

Smart cities, entire national industries like china tobacco corp are in the pipelines.

Vechain has a pretty broad scope. Trying to write up explanations for all the shit they've got going on would take forever.

Both of our posts are just touching on parts of it.

They have a contract with the Chinese government ffs. Having partnerships and associations with big companies is one thing, having a contract with the Chinese government is whole new level shit. How do you even put a value on that?

Smart cities, entire national industries like china tobacco corp are in the pipelines.

Vechain has a pretty broad scope. Trying to write up explanations for all the shit they've got going on would take forever.
Just liquidated my position in PRL after reading this post and verifying it. Holy hell.

Just liquidated my position in PRL after reading this post and verifying it. Holy hell.

Yeah haven't heard much talk about their government deal in this thread. Sure it was a while ago but being the only crypto in the world with a contract with the chinese government is crazy.

https://cdn.vechain.com/vechain_national_government_partnership_guian_release.pdf

Actually upon further reading it looks like Waltonchain might have a contract as well. @SwamiLeoni talked about hedging VeChain with WTC I believe. Might have to have a further look into WTC as well.

https://themerkle.com/vechain-waltonchain-strong-through-red-sunday/

Yeah haven't heard much talk about their government deal in this thread. Sure it was a while ago but being the only crypto in the world with a contract with the chinese government is crazy.

https://cdn.vechain.com/vechain_national_government_partnership_guian_release.pdf

Actually upon further reading it looks like Waltonchain might have a contract as well. @SwamiLeoni talked about hedging VeChain with WTC I believe. Might have to have a further look into WTC as well.

https://themerkle.com/vechain-waltonchain-strong-through-red-sunday/

I believe the partnership is with a province of China that wants to create a smart city. The BIG rumor is that VeChain is partnering with PBoC, but that might be a pipe dream. Follow Coca Cola kid on twitter. He’s hit every single partnership he’s mentioned through his cryptic tweets.

Even though VeChain has a decent supply, many of those tokens will be locked up in node to accumulate Thor. So it can be deceiving. VeChain went from a supply chain service to a platform which is what makes it more valuable to me over WTC. WTC has the better tech (so far) and some decent partnerships, but Sunny is the master Schiller (alongside Mike from QASH). Both VEN and WTC have bright futures and as mentioned above, hedging your bets Is always the way to go.

Robinhood makes money the same way any bank does. They invest the money they are holding. The reason they can allow free trading is because they don't have any brick and mortar shops anywhere.

Moving from GDAX to Robinhood this month. They have 16 Cryptocurrencies available whenever it launches.

Robinhood makes money the same way any bank does. They invest the money they are holding. The reason they can allow free trading is because they don't have any brick and mortar shops anywhere.

Moving from GDAX to Robinhood this month. They have 16 Cryptocurrencies available whenever it launches.

May do the same. GDAX is basically useful only for the big three and you must constantly shift resources out to trade in any other currencies.

Which coins will Robinhood broker? An article on tech crunch states that initially they will only be offering BTC and ETH, but that they plan to offer 14 others, "including Litecoin and Ripple."

Which coins will Robinhood broker? An article on tech crunch states that initially they will only be offering BTC and ETH, but that they plan to offer 14 others, "including Litecoin and Ripple."

The list currently on their platform is;

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Bitcoin Cash
Ripple
Qtum
Ethereum Classic
Stellar
NEO
Zcash
Monero
Dash
Bitcoin Gold
Lisk
OmiseGO
Dogecoin

I'm all set up and on their waiting list for early entry.

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Bitcoin Cash
Ripple
Qtum
Ethereum Classic
Stellar
NEO
Zcash
Monero
Dash
Bitcoin Gold
Lisk
OmiseGO
Dogecoin

Some questionable choices IMO.

Some questionable choices IMO.

I don't know how they "select" cryptocurrencies... but that's a pretty expansive list if they can be bought with dollars. Imagine they will only expand further after launch.

In any case this virtually eliminates any need for Coinbase.

How is DogeCoin that popular and found in every platform? I thought the project was abandoned long ago by the team, and even when it started it was meant more as a joke coin

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Bitcoin Cash
Ripple
Qtum
Ethereum Classic
Stellar
NEO
Zcash
Monero
Dash
Bitcoin Gold
Lisk
OmiseGO
Dogecoin

From what I understand you will only be able to buy and trade ETH+BTC. They merely list those other coins to track their prices.

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Litecoin
Bitcoin Cash
Ripple
Qtum
Ethereum Classic
Stellar
NEO
Zcash
Monero
Dash
Bitcoin Gold
Lisk
OmiseGO
Dogecoin

Dogecoin??

Back