Bitcoin currency of the future?

The Big Short is a fantastic movie:

Crypto is essentially unregulated(but becoming more regulated by the day) so you can imagine the schemes taking place.

Doesn't make the technology behind it any less legitimate but it should certainly give more people caution before throwing money into this space- or any space given that the subprime scams happened despite regulations.

Crypto is essentially unregulated(but becoming more regulated by the day) so you can imagine the schemes taking place.

Doesn't make the technology behind it any less legitimate but it should certainly give more people caution before throwing money into this space- or any space given that the subprime scams happened despite regulations.

To me this is the biggest thing everyone is missing.

They think decentralization means this entire market couldn't possibly be corrupted or infiltrated by people with bad intentions. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The crypto-market is FLOODED with people who see large sums of cash being thrown at nothing but expectations, and are actively using that to their advantage.

Just wait until the Boiler Room version of this story gets told. It's gonna make a GREAT movie.

Yes, Bitcoin would make a good Boiler Room like movie in the future. I wanna see what is going on behind the scenes.

To me this is the biggest thing everyone is missing.

They think decentralization means this entire market couldn't possibly be corrupted or infiltrated by people with bad intentions. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The crypto-market is FLOODED with people who see large sums of cash being thrown at nothing but expectations, and are actively using that to their advantage.

Just wait until the Boiler Room version of this story gets told. It's gonna make a GREAT movie.
It's precisely why at the time of the ETH ICO I 'only' threw in 3 figures at it, sold off everything else I had, and left the space. There was nothing but scams going on. When I got back into it around May last year I noticed that we were getting more legitimate dev teams and real projects, only for there to be another vicious cycle of scams this past 6 months.

anyone else hate these winklevoss guys? they make mark zuckerberg look likable. And they always call them "bitcoin billionares" as if they were one person. They are combing both of their wealth. Neither is actually a billionaire. Only combine are they. lol.

It's precisely why at the time of the ETH ICO I 'only' threw in 3 figures at it, sold off everything else I had, and left the space. There was nothing but scams going on. When I got back into it around May last year I noticed that we were getting more legitimate dev teams and real projects, only for there to be another vicious cycle of scams this past 6 months.

I'd advise anyone involved to be twice as cautious right now, there's something happening with the OG investors that's gonna shake things up DRAMATICALLY. Like "oh shit Ben Franklin was secretly an alien this whole time" kind of shake up.

Honestly I'd only suggest investing if you're prepared to watch this explode and are willing to pick up the pieces that are left.

anyone else hate these winklevoss guys? they make mark zuckerberg look likable. And they always call them "bitcoin billionares" as if they were one person. They are combing both of their wealth. Neither is actually a billionaire. Only combine are they. lol.
They're fine by me. They run the best exchange in the market and follow regulations to the letter of the law. They've added a lot of legitimacy through their confidence in bitcoin.

I just wish theyd pipe down on price predictions and valuations. It's not a good look given their involvement and position as owners of am exchange.

I'd advise anyone involved to be twice as cautious right now, there's something happening with the OG investors that's gonna shake things up DRAMATICALLY. Like "oh shit Ben Franklin was secretly an alien this whole time" kind of shake up.

Honestly I'd only suggest investing if you're prepared to watch this explode and are willing to pick up the pieces that are left.
My strongest predictions for 2018 are that we see 90% drops in many coins and further concentration at the top.

I've seen a massive amount of it especially around XRP, VEN, and TRX. When teams themselves are misleading people into the extent of "partnerships" it's a massive red flag. I've even seen TRX aggressively pump on their Twitter. It's shameful stuff, completely unethical, probably illegal, and tells me they're full of shit and have to hype their product because it lacks substance to speak for itself.

Do your own research and don't risk what you can't afford to lose.

I think TRX applies to this. I don't necessarily think VEN and XRP do. There is the Coca Cola kid who follows VEN, but the team has nothing (that we know about) to do with him/her. I would have put IOTA over either of those two tbh.

This works both ways though. I see it happening between VEN holders and WTC holders all the time. Instead of rooting (or shilling) each other on, they’re at each other’s necks and infiltrate their opposing coins social media pages to spew their hatred towards their competition. But…Reddit Shilling did make me a lot of money.

Thank you shillers!

Just curious, what makes you think this?

I would buy some crypto if they had ETFs. I don't think there are any and those who tried got shot down. An etf would be much easier than dealing with all these exchanges and shit.

I mean ETFs that actually track bitcoin and other prices. When bitcoin goes up, it goes up.

I would buy some crypto if they had ETFs. I don't think there are any and those who tried got shot down. An etf would be much easier than dealing with all these exchanges and shit.

I mean ETFs that actually track bitcoin and other prices. When bitcoin goes up, it goes up.
Etfs for this already exist

My neighbor had taken a new job a while back, and when I asked him today what it was, he says, "you're gonna hate this... It's a block chain technology startup."

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the company is Codex Protocol. Apparently they just won the presentation competition in SF.

http://www.codexprotocol.com

I just found it amusing, as an anecdote.

Ya, I know the winklevoss guys have tried it but it didn't work.

Looks like they are trying again with COIN but it doesn't exist yet. I will be in on that IPO if it happens.

I'll also be able to use Robinhood for crypto soon too. Well actually not. My state isn't on the list.

How does Robinhood generate profit for the company?

Back