Bisping opens up about his bad eyes

I'll watch the whole fight tomorrow then, you must have one hell of a memory if you're right.
Mikes brother is blind though, completely, so I think you have it wrong.
It fucking bothered the fuck outta me because the man's eye was literally bleeding. I'l try find the full fight clip.

Honestly, I don't.

I respect a guy who knows when to stop before blinding himself.

There was a point where he had a decision to make, and if he really is losing his vision, he made the wrong decision.

fair point. i see what you mean. i guess i'm talking more about the dedication to fighting, even with that type of injury. i can see both sides of the argument.

Then he shouldn’t be shortsighted and instead eye an early retirement!
giphy.gif

This makes me sad, I honestly don't think I can see the hendo, bispings etc all fucked up when retired...

He shouldn't have taken the Gastelum fight, or GSP fight, or Hendo fight. They all smashed his eyes. he should have had a rubbermatch with Luke or taken the flying knee from Romero so the MW division could move on. Either of those should have been his last fight and he then he could have saved his eye with the surgery. Now he has nothing, no title, eye health or dignity.

Retirement talk until Conor calls him out to a money fight.

It fucking bothered the fuck outta me because the man's eye was literally bleeding. I'l try find the full fight clip.
Just watched it, he pointed to his eye then shrugged as in "accidental", literally the second he does it he goes straight up to Belcher to apologise, you can't even see the guy he's motioning to, he has a nervous smile on his face that says "what? Accidental".
He absolutely was not mocking him.

I'll watch the whole fight tomorrow then, you must have one hell of a memory if you're right.
Mikes brother is blind though, completely, so I think you have it wrong.
I just looked it up on Fight Pass and this would sound odd but it's edited out. The thing you can hear is Bisping talking shit to his corner but you see him make an eye gesture (which is off someone crying) but what I recalled was him pointing to his left eye ( the eye that was injured) and then pulling it back with a smirk as if got Belcher "good".

I dislike Bisping, however I wouldn't make shit up him and I felt that was a distasteful thing to due especially when Belcher was seriously hurt and literally bleeding from his eye.

Wow that doesn't sound good. Yeah I remember several years ago something about his eye could be fixed but not until he was done fighting. Something with oil in the eye or something. I didn't understand though.

At this point I guess it's unlikely that one more fight does that much more damage, but wow he should probably retire. I didn't know his knees were bad. He seems still able to run a lot though, which he says is the best way to train cardio.

BTW his podcast his excellent.

He says that but his knees are also "bad". Reason distance running is viewed by athletes as poor cardio is due to the high stress it causes to the joints, mainly the knees.

Walking causes the stress of the movement to be transferred to the muscles not the joints/tendons like what happens when running (so it's good for liss) while sprints are so intense the amount of overall volume (and thus stress on the joints) is greatly reduced compared to distance running.

Another high intensity method good for fighters is the aerodyne assault bikes, which allow athletes to sprint at full intensity while minimising stress on the joints (it's zero impact and keeps the body easily within a comfortable range of motion).

Then sorry bud, but you're ridiculous.
What did i say that was ridiculous lol ? Bisping has been a giant dick his whole career. These are facts. Sorry if it makes you salty.

I just looked it up on Fight Pass and this would sound odd but it's edited out. The thing you can hear is Bisping talking shit to his corner but you see him make an eye gesture (which is off someone crying) but what I recalled was him pointing to his left eye ( the eye that was injured) and then pulling it back with a smirk as if got Belcher "good".

I dislike Bisping, however I wouldn't make shit up him and I felt that was a distasteful thing to due especially when Belcher was seriously hurt and literally bleeding from his eye.
I have the original broadcast though, I have every event archived from 1 ( or near as dammit), honestly he wasn't mocking him.

What did i say that was ridiculous lol ? Bisping has been a giant dick his whole career. These are facts. Sorry if it makes you salty.
You being ridiculous doesn't make me salty, it just makes you ridiculous, look at your name, he does exactly the same as Mike, only not as good.

fair point. i see what you mean. i guess i'm talking more about the dedication to fighting, even with that type of injury. i can see both sides of the argument.

I respect that he has a family and did what he had to do to best provide for them, but I would have respected him more if he'd stopped fighting and found another way, rather than beat himself blind.

I have the original broadcast though, I have every event archived from 1 ( or near as dammit), honestly he wasn't mocking him.
Well I guess I overeacted. I could of sworn he pointed to the left, tried to signal that he got him good and smirked about it.

Well I guess I overeacted. I could of sworn he pointed to the left, tried to signal that he got him good and smirked about it.
Nah, he didn't look particularly upset about it I'll give you that, but then he was kept on the other side of the cage and had no idea of the severity, no mocking though.

Damn, sad to hear. Bisping has been one of my favs since I started watching, I really hope he doesn't have poor quality of life post fighting. He has given us many memorable moments, win or lose and inside and outside the cage.

Not just Bisping, but every man who steps into the cage is a warrior. These are the sacrifices these men make for our entertainment. No matter who, from Conor and Covington to the silent killers like Moraes I will always respect them for the sacrifices they make wishing them no harm and good quality of life post retirement.

I can think of several. Goodridge would be the worst , at least we’ll know mma guy.

Well, in terms of physical appearance I mean. Wand might be a close second, I'm sure there's some I'm missing. Joe Riggs looks pretty bad but I think that's a combination of both wear and bad genetics.

Back