Bisping is the worst possible matchup for GSP

He should have stayed in his weight class. There's a reason only 3 fighters in history have accomplished belts in multiple divisions. He's in for a rude awakening.

he hasn't cut to 170 in nearly 4 years now, I think the inactivity will be more of a factor than the size difference

No, unless you meant best. Bisping's tdd isnt great and he doesnt have the power to make any shots he does land really count. He needs punches in bunches and probably won be able to stay on his feet enough to land them

He should have stayed in his weight class. There's a reason only 3 fighters in history have accomplished belts in multiple divisions. He's in for a rude awakening.

Not to be a dick...but I can name 4.....BJ....Hendo....Randy....McDumbass.....Randy won HW...then LHW...then HW again....Lawler was ICON and EliteXC MW champ...then UFC WW champ. I am unsure how this match will go....We have now idea of how GSP is going to return....I think he believes he can be effective...and thinks maybe weight-cut will hurt him. Bisping is on the downside of his career. GSP was always excellent at staying out of range and closing the distance...especially for takedowns. If he still has this I can see him winning.

I think GSP has zero chance beating Brock Lesnar or Stipe Miocic or Cain Velasquez or Fabricio Werdum.

I think there are worse matchups out there.

I think Bisping deserves the GSP fight. And I hope he retires afterwards, win or lose. He's an outstanding character, and he's acccomplished a lot in the UFC. I would like to see him continue his work behind the mic for Fox, rather than see him get abolished in the cage by future contenders.
I find him utterly irritating, delusional and something of a massive ducker. Two out of those three I could bear; but all of them at once make him intolerable.

f9FW2.gif

I agree. He can't hold Bisping down and he can't out work him. Those are his only choices to win the fight.

Everything thinking GSP is on roids is a complete moron

I'd say Bisping wants the fight against the welterweight for a big payday more than he is trying to avoid real contenders. It's just the smart move financially.

That 46 year old was also Dan Henderson. One of the baddest dudes to ever walk the earth.

Mousasi and vitor got rid of hendo in like under 3 minutes combined. Bisping just kinda sucks, relatively speaking. And no, bisping is avoiding contenders. Yoel in particular. I have nothing against bisping but let's call a spade a spade.

The worst matchup for GSP was 2013 Hendricks. He was fast, had KO power, a good wrestler, good at getting back to his feet and he was always attacking.

Bisping won't be an easy fight but he's not as big of a treat as Johny was back then.

Bisping is a much more difficult match up for GSP than Woodley. Still think GSP will win though.

Bisping is a much more difficult match up for GSP than Woodley. Still think GSP will win though.

No. GSP could even win standing up. Not that I think that's what's going to happen, but it would not surprise me either.
There is guys with better standup than bisping, guys with better wrestling, for sure better submission and that type of grappling.

How this fight plays out depends on GSP's shape. If he is as good as he was before having injury problems, then I don't think Bisping has much of a chance.
GSP will come in heavier than usual. Maybe he will be stronger, hit harder than before. Maybe he will be slower and tire out. Maybe he looks great at 185.
"The Old GSP", by that I mean the young GSP we used to see fight, was a lot more explosive and quicker than Bisping.

I think GSP is too proud to come back if he knows he will look like shit. On the other hand, maybe he think's it's worth it for a few million dollars, I don't know him personally but I don't think it's likely.

No I think physically dominant wrestlers with ko power are the worst match ups for GSP. Why do you think he waited to sign for the Bisping fight until after the Woodley vs Maia and the Whittaker vs Yoel fights to play out?

Rockhold is pretty bad as well, if it goes to the ground he has a real threat of a submission or can get to his feet rather quickly. His kicks are also quite good at keeping distance. Doesn't help the guy is 6 3 and walks around super heavy.

he hasn't cut to 170 in nearly 4 years now, I think the inactivity will be more of a factor than the size difference
He would have had an easy cut, GSP was a small WW. GSP could be fighting for the LW belt this year.

No I think physically dominant wrestlers with ko power are the worst match ups for GSP. Why do you think he waited to sign for the Bisping fight until after the Woodley vs Maia and the Whittaker vs Yoel fights to play out?
He didn't. That was simple contract negotiations. Bisping was a done deal like 5 months ago, and GSP was trying to come back last January when Rockhold was champ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back