Bisping is the worst possible matchup for GSP

Dunno, Jones would probably be even worse.

Dunno, Jones would probably be even worse.

MYoNk.gif

It's an odd one, but Sherdog as a whole can't seem to make up their mind on this fight. Some people are calling this an easy fight for GSP, and that he's only returning, and not fighting Woodley because Bisping is gonna be easy for him. Others are calling this an easy fight for Bisping, saying he's avoiding real contenders, and he's doing this for an easy payday.

I guess we'll see.

Don't know about worse but Bisping will easily win this

Don't know about worse but Bisping will easily win this

Tyrone is a much more winnable fight for GSP. He'd probably win that fight without much trouble. Even Whittaker is a more favorable matchup stylistically. Bisping is going to bust his face up real bad.

It's Bisping.. a 46 y/o ranked top 15 whooped him, he is ducking for a reason.

It's an odd one, but Sherdog as a whole can't seem to make up their mind on this fight. Some people are calling this an easy fight for GSP, and that he's only returning, and not fighting Woodley because Bisping is gonna be easy for him. Others are calling this an easy fight for Bisping, saying he's avoiding real contenders, and he's doing this for an easy payday.

I guess we'll see.

He should have stayed in his weight class. There's a reason only 3 fighters in history have accomplished belts in multiple divisions. He's in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:
Not really. Bisping did get controlled by Kennedy, so there is at least some theoretical path to victory for GSP.

It's Bisping.. a 46 y/o ranked top 15 whooped him, he is ducking for a reason.

I'd say Bisping wants the fight against the welterweight for a big payday more than he is trying to avoid real contenders. It's just the smart move financially.

That 46 year old was also Dan Henderson. One of the baddest dudes to ever walk the earth.

I'd say Bisping wants the fight against the welterweight for a big payday more than he is trying to avoid real contenders. It's just the smart move financially.
I think the UFC want that fight too. They need a big draw this year other than Jones v DC 2. We both know UFC 215 isn't gonna draw for shit.

Bisping via not being a manlet. This reminds me of Gastelum-Weidman, people thought Gastelum was gonna win, but they forgot how smaller he is.

Not really. Bisping did get controlled by Kennedy, so there is at least some theoretical path to victory for GSP.
Kennedy had a huge size advantage
Usada gsp doesn't

Bisping via not being a manlet. This reminds me of Gastelum-Weidman, people thought Gastelum was gonna win, but they forgot how smaller he is.

GSP's not going to be able to do anything. He's gonna stand there and eat punches.

I think Bisping deserves the GSP fight. And I hope he retires afterwards, win or lose. He's an outstanding character, and he's acccomplished a lot in the UFC. I would like to see him continue his work behind the mic for Fox, rather than see him get abolished in the cage by future contenders.

He should have stayed in his weight class. There's a reason only 3 fighters in history have accomplished belts in multiple divisions. He's in for a bad wake up call.
There were also a lot of factors that helped these guys who held multiple belts:

Conor Mcgreor had only a 10 pound difference between weight classes.
Randy Couture didn't have a full HW or LHW division fighting against him as Strikeforce and Pride split up the competion.
BJ Penn had a lot of the LW competition in WEC, and a lot of the WW's wouldn't be fighting at WW today.

GSP has none of them helping him in this, the only advantage he has is that Bisping is seen as one of the weakest MW champions in a long time, and is seen by many as not the best in the division.

Nah, GSP probably takes this fight. Only way loses is by being old and inactive. Which, well, he is. But probably still wins.

Back