Bisping is the most overrated MW champ in UFC history

Karzer

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Beats Rockhold on a bad day. Beats an old ass Henderson. Gets beat by a retired WW UFC fighter in novelty fight. And now gets beat by a scrub in Gastelum. Bisping should just retire and try to save his reputation that he was a legit champ. Rockhold, Weidman, Romero, Whitaker, Souza, and Vitor would embarrass him in a rematch or fight.

he will retire, probably one last fight you hater

023richfranklin.1327561324.0.jpg

I was never a fan of his, but how was he overrated? He fought everybody that was available to him at the time.

because anderson silva kicked his ass and silva himself only fought cans. duh

It's hilarious that during a time when the MW division was relatively stacked with contenders, Ping held the belt for a year and a half and only fought a 13th ranked senior citizen and a retired WW

He was never a real champion.

Real champs do not duck the #1 contender their entire reign like Bisping did.

It's hilarious that during a time when the MW division was relatively stacked with contenders, Ping held the belt for a year and a half and only fought a 13th ranked senior citizen and a retired WW
So much this. It's amazing how little he did during his title reign. What a joke.

he really is an overachiever
It's not even that. He didn't do anything. How many fights could the guy have taken and instead decided to duck? It's a good thing the UFC brass liked him because it's clear they did everything they could to mask the charade.

It's not even that. He didn't do anything. How many fights could the guy have taken and instead decided to duck? It's a good thing the UFC brass liked him because it's clear they did everything they could to mask the charade.

he got lucky with luke i know. and should have defended his belt against romero i agree.

Bisping is both underrated and overrated on here. I never liked him but he's been a solid fighter through his career. A top-10 guy who hit the lottery in a title fight ala Matt Serra. It happens in the fight game sometimes. The best fighter doesn't always win.

Serra might have held the title for a year and a half too if the UFC had matched him up with guys out of the top 10 or from weight classes below his. It's a different time now. The Ultimate Fighting Circus has been here a while.

I'd rank him as a top 10 MW GOAT, which is pretty successful.

For a while though people were calling him the greatest MW ever, and that's just lunacy. He's only beaten 1 top 5 opponent in his 11 years in the UFC, and he's 1-1 with that opponent to boot.

Bisping is both underrated and overrated on here. I never liked him but he's been a solid fighter through his career. A top-10 guy who hit the lottery in a title fight ala Matt Serra. It happens in the fight game sometimes. The best fighter doesn't always win.

Serra might have held the title for a year and a half too if the UFC had matched him up with guys out of the top 10 or from weight classes below his. It's a different time now. The Ultimate Fighting Circus has been here a while.
I agree with this. Who the hell expected Bisping to get lucky with Rockhold. But when it did happen, the UFC knew they had to do everything they could to maintain having a European champ other than McGregor. I mean, Bisping's catalog of fights since then is a joke. And people wonder why the UFC is on a decline. I don't watch too much mma these days. And this is part of the reason. The UFC is more interested in keeping a narrative than just letting the sport speak for itself.

Back