Bigger fluke - Conor over Aldo, or Duffy overy Conor.

Are you sure about that ? Duffy probably has the best understanding of Boxing in the UFC, something most MMA fighters don't have.

Yes. Conor is more than just a boxer.

giphy.gif

Not in 13 seconds, but if Aldo and Conor face off again, the most likely outcome is that Aldo is getting concussed. Again. That is why the first fight was not a fluke.

Can't say the same for a Duffy/Conor rematch most likely ending in another submission, but that's because of Conor's progression over the last six years. If they had met again a week after the first fight, a highly (if not the most) likely result then would have been another Conor submission loss. Hence that one wasn't a fluke either.

But let's be honest. This thread is really just a thinly veiled attempt to call Conor's win over Aldo a fluke without sounding like another bitter Aldohole.

A perfectly timed and drilled counter punch is a fluke?....Sherdog has struck a new low.

This Duffy was a fluke - I apologize to the sensitive viewers and those under the age of 18 for the violence at the end of this GIF.

i6f48l.gif

I'll never be able to sleep at night if people don't stop posting that brutal, violent, nightmare-inducing hammerfist.

I'd say Conor/Aldo, but mainly because strikers take a little while to get the distance and timing right, while Conor did it in the first punch thrown.

HOWEVER, if Conor keeps knocking people off the bat, it shows it is not a fluke, though I don't think a rematch would be similar.

But fluke is not a good word IMO. Conor threw a counter. it's not like he was just flailing his arms and it happened to hit Aldo...Same with the submission. I mean, it is not like Joe was just trying to hold Conor and by sheer luck locked a submission....

neither were flukes, Conor is a stylistic nightmare for aldo and will own him again if they ever fight. Duffy is/was a skilled grappler and as we've seen before, that doesnt seem to be conor's strongest part of his game.

Well from all the posts in this thread from Conor fans I've come to the conclusion Conor's punch was all skill and Duffys choke luck/fluke. Thanks guys your incite was much appreciated!

neither were flukes, Conor is a stylistic nightmare for aldo and will own him again if they ever fight. Duffy is/was a skilled grappler and as we've seen before, that doesnt seem to be conor's strongest part of his game.

Well jds was a stylistic nightmare for Cain after the first fight and then he got killed what makes you think Aldo Conor would be any different? Except for the fact Aldo is a much more skilled fighter than Cain.

Neither were flukes. McG was better than Aldo when they fought and Dufy was the better man when he fought McG.

neither were flukes. conor has power and aldo was too aggressive and go caught. duffy had a great game plan against mcgregor and got the fight to the ground where he finished it.

Can't believe anybody could legit believe the Aldo ko was a fluke, he aimed and hit his target precisely. It wasn't some wild overhand without looking.

Conor has hurt his opponents very early in most of his fights, it was bound to happen.

Also Duffy sub wasn't a fluke either, but that was two green fighters.

Neither were flukes.
But admittedly, pretty sure both fights would be completely different in a rematch.

Conor vs Aldo was the bigger fluke. There is a reason why Conor ducked the rematch. Conor knows he hit the jackpot with that lucky punch.

How can a counterstrike be a lucky one?

You have to read what your opponent is doing and counter them.

Hmmm... Let me see...

Duffy smothered n schooled Conor with superior skills n choked him out

Conor closed his eyes n connected with 1st punch ala Serra

Yeah, it's hard to say

You being conceived was the bigger fluke.

What about dropping his hands n acting hurt?

There was nothing flukey at all about the first fight. Anderson got KTFO.

And I do not mean to imply that Anderson would not have lost the 2nd fight. Maybe he would lose every one if they had fought 10 times. Who knows? But winning because your opponent breaks his shin in half throwing a leg kick is flukey IMO.

Back