Big Frank has better resume than Stipe. True or false?

Sherdoggers that use fight finder knowledge are hilarious. Context. How good were these fighters when the guys fought them? It doesn't matter if you do better when you fight them after their prime or when they aren't good anymore.
This. Jake Paul got that win over Anderson Silva. He's in the MW conversation.

I dont mean to sound biased but umm Stipes looks way more impressive to me...
Full respect to both, but those devastating KO's Francis obliterated so many with has to give him the edge. That 'Reem KO was Scary !

Cain is a great name, but lets be honest. That was Cain in 2019, about 4 years after his prime and coming off a 3 year lay off. Stipe beat DC in title fights when he was still on top of his game.
DC was 40, coming off a back surgery.

Francis, tho Stipe has a really good one, too.

This is just by record and name value.

If you include ways that fights were won, then Francis would be considerably ahead.

Not even close. Ngannou’s resume is weak: Shot AF Cain, Shot AF JDS, Shot Overeem, Shot Arlovski, Declining Stipe….
The Blaydes wins are good, and Rozenstruik is… Rozenstruik I guess. And Gane is a fine win.

DC was 40, coming off a back surgery.

DC was also the HW champ and the top contender in the rematch. Bit of difference regardless of age. Just shows that DC at 40 was in far better shape and condition than Cain at 36. Age isn't everything, there's more to it.

Can't help but see the cowardly big picture involving the resume of PicoPulse VS these two.

Fought 1 HW in his 10 year long "HW quest" AFTER Stipe & Francis took on all of the top HW's - to fight & Legitimately Win their HW Champion belts. Neither of those great champs ever failed a drug test. EVER.

Meanwhile, PicoPulse jbj was totally silent The Entire Time, for years, that Stipe and Francis proudly worked their way up to respectfully win, then defend, their Championship belts. The honor on those 2 is undeniable.
upload_2023-10-24_13-55-48.png

Cain is a great name, but lets be honest. That was Cain in 2019, about 4 years after his prime and coming off a 3 year lay off. Stipe beat DC in title fights when he was still on top of his game.

True, but I’m not convinced Stipe beats that Cain.

Full respect to both, but those devastating KO's Francis obliterated so many with has to give him the edge. That 'Reem KO was Scary !
I agree. I think people are just focusing on numbers and wikipedia records. I was there watching their UFC careers from the start, the hype was just different. Miocic pulled many upsets, people didn't really believed on his skills against a lot of fighters. His title run had Roy Nelson at 37, Arlovski at 38 years old and Werdum at 39 years old. They were at the top because the division was weak with no good propects, not because they were at their prime.

Miocic was un underdog against JDS, Werdum and even against Ngannou both times. Even though the first time he was the most "dominant champion" in UFC history with 3 defenses. People didn't care, they saw Ngannou as the superior fighter. Has Ngannou ever been an underdog?

Ngannou's KO wins had been one sided and unquestionable while Stipe's wins had been... awkward. He got dropped by econoreem before he got the stoppage, he is 1-1 against JDS (who was never the same after the Cain trilogy). Werdum was chasing his recklessly thinking he had him hurt before he got the KO. He was losing the fight on the scorecards against 40 year old DC before he got the stoppage. The dude would get the win somehow, and now it all "looks good on paper", but back then was like "wow, what just happened?".

Stipe was knocked out by a journeyman on Struve when he was on his prime at 29 years old, and also DC later in his career. His first fight with JDS, he just looked inferior to him skillwise, even though JDS didn't look like he used to before Cain. Ngannou has never been finished. People did not see him bested when he lost from a "skill" point of view. Lewis was a staredown contest and against Miocic he threw everything in the first rounds and got tired. He contribuited to those losses fighting badly because of his inexperience. This is why he was a favorite in the rematch.

Unfortunately while Stipe defended the belt often as a champ and capitalize on that champ money, Ngannou decided to use that power to fight the UFC. So, he barely defended his belt. And now, his record doesn't look as good as it should.

tldr: I guess Stipe's resume may look a bit better if people just focus only on the end result and not on the actual fights.

It's heavyweight.. im less impressed by KOs more impressed by all around skills... DC Fedor Stipe Cain Werdum... 5 better hws than Francis

This is the worst thread I have seen on Sherdog for months. Why would you even ask this question if you are not trolling? Stipe’s record is far more impressive and by far the biggest name on Ngannou’s list is Stipe himself.

DC at that point was a better win then shot Cain and JDS

stipe, by a competitive, but decisive margin. stipe’s wins over dc and werdum make the difference. not to mention, stipe has that win over nggano which showed a far greater display of skill.

Stipe by a little. He beat DC twice, who’s one of the GOATs. Better win than any of Ngannous

True, but I’m not convinced Stipe beats that Cain.

great fight! but I think we can both agree that stipe easily beats the version that faced Francis

great fight! but I think we can both agree that stipe easily beats the version that faced Francis

Actually we don’t agree, the fight was to short to really gauge where Cain really was but I still don’t think any version of Stipe can beat Cain.

Not even close. Ngannou’s resume is weak: Shot AF Cain, Shot AF JDS, Shot Overeem, Shot Arlovski, Declining Stipe….
The Blaydes wins are good, and Rozenstruik is… Rozenstruik I guess. And Gane is a fine win.

Now do the same for Stipe

Back