Big Frank has better resume than Stipe. True or false?

This isn’t a serious thread. What has rozenstruik accomplished to even be included as a notable win? An absolutely disgraceful stoppage ‘win’ over overeem? And the rest of the wins, we’re counting 38 year old cain coming off an almost 3 year layoff as a good win? Arlovski on a 3 fight losing streak? A worse version of JDS than stipe beat that would lose his next 4, all by ko/tko? Stipe is good, but he was 38 coming off 3 wars in a row, the lightest he’s ever been in his career. One title win, cause I maintain to this day gane won the 5th round. He was the only guy who actually attempted anything in those 5 minutes. JOKE THREAD, MODS BAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME THIS INSTANT

Werdum had literally JUST won the belt not even a year before stipe knocked him out. Six fight win streak including Big Nog, Browne, Hunt and Cain
Ok? You can keep getting better by developing your skills after your physical prime. No way in hell a nearly 40 year old is in his physical prime.

Ok? You can keep getting better by developing your skills after your physical prime. No way in hell a nearly 40 year old is in his physical prime.
I think you’re mistaking me for the Francis side. I’m saying werdum is a great win becuase he was the champ on a very good six fight win streak

I think you’re mistaking me for the Francis side. I’m saying werdum is a great win becuase he was the champ on a very good six fight win streak
Oh I don't disagree with that, just throwing in my two cents as to why people say that. Not in his physical prime, but certainly not some bum. Werdum is one of those weird cases where a guy peaks after his physical prime. Most of the time guys don't rapidly improve in their mid to late 30s.

The wins against each other kind of cancel each other out. The DC wins and Werdum win are really a big feather for Stipe. I'm not sure outside of Stipe what Frank's best win is. Old Cain? Gane who's legacy is far from set? I think Stipe has the better resume at the moment. If he beats Jones it's not even close.

Ngannou's notable wins:
Stipe
Gane
Cain
JDS
Rozenstruik
Blaydes x2
Overeem
Arlovski

Stipe's notable wins:
DC x2
JDS
Ngannou
Overeem
Werdum
Hunt
Roy Nelson
Gonzaga
Arlovski
It's kind of a wash, really.
Would love to see a third fight between them but Stipe's probably sailing off into the sunset win or lose versus Jonny Boy.

Cain and JDG where shot to shit when they fought Frank
JDS was 35 and on a win streak including destroying Tuivasa and Lewis a couple of months before.
Cain got caught with an uppercut when shootong for his first TD, impossible to tell what his level was.

Werdum had literally JUST won the belt not even a year before stipe knocked him out. Six fight win streak including Big Nog, Browne, Hunt and Cain
Does not change the fact he was 39 and fought like dog shit. Ngannou would have slept him just as easily as Stipe.

Stipe:
pros: longer resume, more title fights wins
cons: more losses, got finished several times

Ngannou:
pros: less losses, longer win streaks (2x 6 fights win streaks in the UFC), never been finished, more spectacular finishes
cons: only 2 title wins, shorter career

well for hw ufc goat the bar isn’t as high as for other weight classes. Brock had like 2 title defenses, Cains was disrupted by JDS, werdum lost it to stipe in his first defense…

and if anything, Francis fought much of Stipes leftovers, not the other way around.

stipe had already knocked out Arlovski, Overeem and JDS before they fought Ngannou.

just some observations.
Came to write this

Francis easily has the better resume. He has obliterated everyone. Including a lot of former champs. Apart from gassing badly vs Stipe in the first fight. He hasnt even been hurt.

This isn’t a serious thread. What has rozenstruik accomplished to even be included as a notable win? An absolutely disgraceful stoppage ‘win’ over overeem? And the rest of the wins, we’re counting 38 year old cain coming off an almost 3 year layoff as a good win? Arlovski on a 3 fight losing streak? A worse version of JDS than stipe beat that would lose his next 4, all by ko/tko? Stipe is good, but he was 38 coming off 3 wars in a row, the lightest he’s ever been in his career. One title win, cause I maintain to this day gane won the 5th round. He was the only guy who actually attempted anything in those 5 minutes. JOKE THREAD, MODS BAN PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME THIS INSTANT
I mentioned 2014 Gonzaga so Rozenstruik deserves mentioning too. Rozen had long kickboxing career and one highlight win vs Overeem. Gonzaga has one good win too - Cro Cop. That's about it. Still worth mentioning because of his BJJ.

I dont mean to sound biased but umm Stipes looks way more impressive to me...

Resume is better in terms of the way he’s beaten them, but due to the complete lack of skill and just ‘windmilling it’ - I have a hard time ranking him over Miocic all-time.

It’s a tough one.

Also - Ngannou hasn’t got a Daniel Cormier on his resume.

He does have Cain..

I have to side with Stipe on this one. They have the same wins in

Arlovski
Overeem
JDS

But Stipe beat all of those guys a few years earlier and at better times.

And Stipe was DC 2x, Werdum which are among the top HWs all time and all of those title wins.

He does have Cain..

Cain is a great name, but lets be honest. That was Cain in 2019, about 4 years after his prime and coming off a 3 year lay off. Stipe beat DC in title fights when he was still on top of his game.

It’s definitely Stipe. He one shotted the guy who just overpowered Cain the fight before. Ngannou crushed Cain and JDS no doubt, but Cain looked really shot on that fight. That context aside, Stipe beat JDS in a rematch, DC twice, Overeem, and Werdum, call that plus 5. Overeem, JDS, Cain, plus 3 for Ngannou. -1 for Ngannou for that shit performance with Lewis. A wash for 1 and 1 between Frank/Stipe.

Back