Big Frank has better resume than Stipe. True or false?

Stipe
Gane
Cain
JDS

Rozenstruik
Blaydes x2
Overeem
Arlovski

Stipe's resume is way better. Im gonna highlight in red the names that only look good on paper and not really at the time Ngannou fought them

So you include Stipe for Ngannou's notable wins but don't include Ngannou for Stipe's notable wins?

In this case it should be counted because Ngannou was on that level in their first fight but it's not like it's some mathematical law. Theoretically there could be a case where fighter A loses very early in his career to a much more experienced fighter B, then goes on to improve leaps and bounds over several years and 10+ fights and then goes on to beat fighter B much later. In this case fighter A's win over fighter B might be a significant win although fighter B's win over a green fighter A wasn't.

Now do the same for Stipe
Stipe’s resume suffers from some of the same things, no argument from me on that. But it’s significantly better than Ngannou’s.

Stipe fought Arlovski and Overeem a year before Ngannou did, and he fought a declining JDS 2 years before Ngannou did. Again, not great versions of those fighters, but better than when Ngannou fought them. Hunt was pretty old by the time Stipe fought him as well, but a decent win I suppose.

Stipe’s wins against de Fries, del Rosario, Gonzaga, and Nelson are solid and his win against Werdum was very good. He of course also 50-44ed Ngannou himself when they first fought.
DC was old and on the brink of retirement when Stipe got those 2 wins over him, but I agree with what @Trabaho said above: that version of DC was still a better win than either Cain or JDS was for Ngannou (and Stipe was clearly declining himself by then).

To me, Ngannou’s resume is pretty thin. Had he stuck around and had defenses against guys like Pavlovich and Aspinall, his stock would’ve risen considerably for me.

Came in thinking Frank Mir and left very confused as to why I cannot remember Big Frank is Ngannou…

Actually we don’t agree, the fight was to short to really gauge where Cain really was but I still don’t think any version of Stipe can beat Cain.

You think Cain in 2019 would put up a fight vs prime Stipe in 2019?? LOL, Cain would get taken out pretty quick.

Prime for Prime I gotta Stipe. The boxing game was better and more precise, that is what gave Cain problems and he had the defensive wrestling to stop Cain.

people find ways to shit on any and all resumes, but stipe's resume really is the gold standard at HW. it's arguably better than fedor's, IMO it is.

To me, Ngannou’s resume is pretty thin. Had he stuck around and had defenses against guys like Pavlovich and Aspinall, his stock would’ve risen considerably for me.
He had 2x 6 fights win streaks in the UFC. The 2nd one was only with top 10 guys.

He beat wrestlers.
He beat strikers.
He beat seasonned veterans.
He beat young undefeated up and comers.

That's not a thin resume at all.
Stipe has not faced the young guys (Gane, Blaydes, Rozenstruik).

Without the 2 wins over DC I would say yes but those put Stipe ahead. If Ngannou had stayed in the UFC and beaten Jones I would put him ahead.

False. I think both are grossly overrated in the overall HW GOAT conversation with Stipe facing guys who were definitely not at their peak for nearly all of his run but really Ngannou was even worse for this and is still woefully one dimensional.

Yeah if you look at both guys list, all the best wins were already out of their prime. Ngannou's list is a joke if you count out Arlovski who was 67 KO'ed 15 times before, JDS who was 82 KO'ed 73 times before, Cain who was 93 with totally shot knees and Overeem who was 78 KO'ed 1732 times before and they literally all retired lol.

Ngannou has 1 good win and that is 40 yr old Stipe... Goes to show how terrible his resume is...

If Big Franks resume is better than Stipes, then Stipes win over Big Frank makes his resume better than Big Franks, which then makes Big Franks win over Stipe make his resume better Stipes and so on for infinity. Schroedinger's Resume

giphy.gif

No more needs to be said.

Stipe beat the worst version of every fighter on his list. He never beat a prime contender outside of Ngannou who was much improved in the rematch.

So tired of hearing the Stipe GOAT talk from the UFC. 3 title defenses is apparently all that is required.
And you don't need to have done it in the last 5 years to still get a title shot

False. He definitely has the better highlight reel though.

For those without much history in the sport and who might be fooled by this troll thread: the Arlovski, Overeem, and JDS that Francis fought were much worse versions than what Stipe fought. That's like comparing beating Cain in 2012 to beating him in 2022.

Back